Author Topic: Tyrone County Football and Hurling  (Read 1802542 times)

LeoMc

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Reply #11310 on: January 11, 2020, 07:00:48 PM »
I see no need for a panel of 45 lads, exempting them all from playing club games. Other side of the scale there is lads on here slating boys for walking away from the panel. Maybe im not a team player but in my eyes if your not in the first 24/26 and getting your chance to play/start/impact.. why are you there
Another 36 on the u20 panel.

sidelineball

• View Profile
« Reply #11311 on: January 11, 2020, 07:24:58 PM »
McDonnell and grugan actually bossed midfield area in first half last night against two Armagh starters. McDonnell showed great pace bursting forward though was wasteful. Wouldnít shock me if like others before he went on to become a decent county player at some point despite online criticism from boys who donít even go to games.

He may become a good county player but would he get this opportunity to become a good county player if he wasn't from Errigal?  There was plenty of players down through the years with great ability that won't afforded this luxury of getting time to prove their worth.

Colm Cavanagh and Cathal McShane are two non Errigal players given the opportunity over a number of years when many had it in for them saying they shouldn't be near the team. Many people have had issues with the chances given to Conall McCann for example. There are numerous other non Errigal players who's inclusion have been questioned at times.

Using Errigal to beat these young lads with is very unfair.
Conall McCann is the worst county footballer Tyrone has ever had.. Id give some of the errigal thirds a run before him

Shut up you dick.
Heís a decent squad player and seems a humble decent lad.
Go and grow up kid.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #11312 on: January 12, 2020, 08:42:31 AM »
What's the story with Mark Hayes of Killyclogher, looked the main forward for the u17s a couple of years back but not on the u20 panel? Is he injured?

Jeremiah O

• View Profile
« Reply #11313 on: January 12, 2020, 08:56:21 AM »
Hayes came on against Ardboe in last yearís minor championship semi final.
Didnít seem to be in the best condition,perhaps he was coming back from injury.
Unconquered and unconquerable

Peter john

• View Profile
« Reply #11314 on: January 12, 2020, 10:02:46 AM »
What the f**k in A MC Croft doing still on the panel never mind starting McKenna cup semi

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #11315 on: January 12, 2020, 10:27:19 AM »
What the f**k in A MC Croft doing still on the panel never mind starting McKenna cup semi

;D ;D
That was never a square ball!!

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #11316 on: January 12, 2020, 10:43:03 AM »

Interesting analysis from the Antrim declared Peter John

referee

• View Profile
« Reply #11317 on: January 12, 2020, 05:38:22 PM »
 PJ must be on the soup 🍻

Peter john

• View Profile
« Reply #11318 on: January 12, 2020, 05:40:55 PM »
A mc crory must be nearly 40 fs, ref doin dry January 😛

NotedObserver

• View Profile
« Reply #11319 on: January 12, 2020, 07:46:24 PM »
Anyone any reports from the game today?

inroundthesquare

• View Profile
« Reply #11320 on: January 12, 2020, 08:28:25 PM »
Tyrone were sloppy with some passing early on, goal got them going - quick thinking by Sludden. Down were awful in the first half couldn't get any ball into their forward line - Hugh Pat and McNamee were keeping it tight. McCurry had a brilliant first half - looked the sharpest of the forwards, few nice efforts outside of the boot, probably in the form of his life at the moment considering the Tyrone championship last year also. McCann and O'Neill were showing reasonably well in the first half, not good second half - O'Neill on my count dropped 4 shots short over the course of the game. Burns got on a lot of ball and used it well - you'd hope to see him become more of a leader this year, need lads like himself to push on another level. Grimes didn't look out of place for a newcomer- won a few breaking balls etc. seems to do the dirty work well.. Coney done his usual role - passing around the middle, to me he looked slow and he's not a scoring threat either. McDonnell gave away a few poor balls.
Game was already but Down picked up after half time, got it back to 4 i think at one stage - Sludden and K McGeary went off early 2nd half maybe had an effect. Tyrone were running down a lot of blind alleys.

Did McKernan pick up an injury in the Sigerson - see UU's twitter wishing him a speedy recovery?

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #11321 on: January 12, 2020, 08:46:24 PM »
Tyrone were sloppy with some passing early on, goal got them going - quick thinking by Sludden. Down were awful in the first half couldn't get any ball into their forward line - Hugh Pat and McNamee were keeping it tight. McCurry had a brilliant first half - looked the sharpest of the forwards, few nice efforts outside of the boot, probably in the form of his life at the moment considering the Tyrone championship last year also. McCann and O'Neill were showing reasonably well in the first half, not good second half - O'Neill on my count dropped 4 shots short over the course of the game. Burns got on a lot of ball and used it well - you'd hope to see him become more of a leader this year, need lads like himself to push on another level. Grimes didn't look out of place for a newcomer- won a few breaking balls etc. seems to do the dirty work well.. Coney done his usual role - passing around the middle, to me he looked slow and he's not a scoring threat either. McDonnell gave away a few poor balls.
Game was already but Down picked up after half time, got it back to 4 i think at one stage - Sludden and K McGeary went off early 2nd half maybe had an effect. Tyrone were running down a lot of blind alleys.

Did McKernan pick up an injury in the Sigerson - see UU's twitter wishing him a speedy recovery?

McCurry seems to be in good form so far going by reports.

I think Coney is worth persisting with in the league, he's getting a good run of games so far. Not sure if he's the answer but he does give us qualities that we don't really have in the squad.

We've yet to see Harte, Hampsey, Cavanagh, Bradley Meyler and Richie Donnelly this season? Are they carrying injuries or just being given a bit extra time off. With the likes of Mattie out for the season, McShane probably off and a few other injuries we will be looking for more players to step up as you have said. Hopefully Burns is one of them, not sure what is best position is though. He's got great energy, plays with his head up and carries a scoring threat but I think he has a tendency to lose his own man in a defensive respect and can be a bit erratic with his shooting.

Good to see McHugh get on the scoresheet in his brief cameo.

Smurfy123

• View Profile
« Reply #11322 on: January 12, 2020, 08:53:17 PM »
Hamsey
R Donnelly
M Donnelly
Mcaliskey
Brennan
Morgan
T McCann
Harte
McShane
M Cassidy
Cavanagh
M McKernan
B Kennedy
Meyler

Question lads. How many of these would start

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #11323 on: January 12, 2020, 09:23:15 PM »
Hamsey
R Donnelly
M Donnelly
Mcaliskey
Brennan
Morgan
T McCann
Harte
McShane
M Cassidy
Cavanagh
M McKernan
B Kennedy
Meyler

Question lads. How many of these would start

Players that didn't start today?

If all available, I'd say

Certain starters:
M Donnelly
Harte
R Brennan
Morgan
McShane
Hampsey

And probably 4 or 5 of the rest would be battling with each other for starting spots, we do have a lot of competition in the squad which is healthy, I think we're just lacking a bit of star quality in the forward line - even moreso with McShane off.

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #11324 on: January 13, 2020, 09:22:31 AM »
Meyler will start on any Tyrone game Harte is in charge, if fit. He loves him.