Author Topic: Tyrone County Football and Hurling  (Read 1636882 times)

GaaFanatic123

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Reply #10470 on: August 13, 2019, 07:16:05 AM »
See Sean Cavanagh has called for Harte to quit (now it would appear obvious the brother has finished)

No fan of Harte but Cavanagh has really let himself down since finishing his county playing days.

How do you mean?  How DARE he give his opinion like.

This is the 4th or 5th snipe at Harte publicly from Sean Cavanagh.

Sean wasn't too brave to give his opinion in public when he was there, under Harte when maybe even he would have been able to influence him from within.

He's entitled to his opinion obviously, but leaves me thinking where were these views during his playing days.

I don't think its the fact he wasn't brave enough,its probably the fact he was stupid enough to say it or he would never have played under him again and imagine if a captain publicly says his manager should be sacked, imagine the outrage!! Stupid comment!

GaaFanatic123

• View Profile
« Reply #10471 on: August 13, 2019, 07:17:59 AM »
When Michael Cassidy is limping off on 64 mins camera clearly shows harte shouting ' horse, horse, get him off to f**k'! Nice way to treat an injured player.

What did you want him to do, run over and sponge him down and give me a wee muscle massage??

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #10472 on: August 13, 2019, 07:46:12 AM »
When Michael Cassidy is limping off on 64 mins camera clearly shows harte shouting ' horse, horse, get him off to f**k'! Nice way to treat an injured player.

What did you want him to do, run over and sponge him down and give me a wee muscle massage??
well if it was me I'd be shouting ' horse, horse, get Petey off to f**k'.;

bigtogs

• View Profile
« Reply #10473 on: August 13, 2019, 08:18:55 AM »
Disappointing on Sunday to be in the situation we where in at half time to to beaten more or less with ten minutes to go.... I see a few complaints about Peter Harte be fouled for the full game!! Did any off you watch Connor Meyler he fouled the full game......Kerry in first half looked completely clueless but when they introduced Sherwood and White at half time in the middle section of the field we got destroyed Colm and Ritchie got completely over run which in my eyes was the major factor on how we lost the game by the time Mattie came to that area off the field the game was over,we where so slow to make that change to try and counter act what Kerry had done.....I dont think we have enough natural footballers that make the correct decisions at the right time and cant see how that can be cured in the near future,i could be wrong but we are at least 2 defenders,1 midfielder and 2 forwards short to have a team with the correct balance to win an All Ireland...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 08:52:01 AM by bigtogs »

GaaFanatic123

• View Profile
« Reply #10474 on: August 13, 2019, 09:03:11 AM »

well if it was me I'd be shouting ' horse, horse, get Petey off to f**k'.;

Haha true  :P :P :P

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #10475 on: August 13, 2019, 09:18:52 AM »
It's been all downhill from Thailand

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #10476 on: August 13, 2019, 09:27:31 AM »
It's been all downhill from Thailand

In fairness they managed to keep the lid on that one surprisingly. Good defensive tactics.

The Bearded One

• View Profile
« Reply #10477 on: August 13, 2019, 10:20:44 AM »
The way Peter Harte was managed on Sunday by Kerry is the exact same way Conor Meyler manages whoever he is tasked to pick up, I have no complaints. Peter Harte at this stage should be well able to deal with it and work his way into a game.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Onthe40

• View Profile
« Reply #10478 on: August 13, 2019, 10:26:57 AM »
completely agree...I watched the Meyler - OShea matchup the whole first half and Meyler gave him some abuse...Oshea seemed able to handle it..and give it back and even blocked some of meylers runs up the field...Peter unfortunately has been too easily taken out of most of Tyrones big games now.....

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #10479 on: August 13, 2019, 10:56:46 AM »
Few messages being forwarded around whatsapp groups today claiming the Tyrone water bottles that they were sharing with their markers were tampered with? Has anybody seen these messages? Basically, the messages are claiming the water the Tyrone water boys were giving the Kerry lads was making them sick? Surely this cant be true and it would be ridiculous if we went this low to win a game????

Well if itís in a WhatsApp group then it must be true. ::) There really are some gullible fools around.
That was never a square ball!!

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #10480 on: August 13, 2019, 11:10:06 AM »
The Kerry boys didn't look too sick to me.lol. Tyrone boys looked sick after though.

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #10481 on: August 13, 2019, 11:15:59 AM »
Disappointing on Sunday to be in the situation we where in at half time to to beaten more or less with ten minutes to go.... I see a few complaints about Peter Harte be fouled for the full game!! Did any off you watch Connor Meyler he fouled the full game......Kerry in first half looked completely clueless but when they introduced Sherwood and White at half time in the middle section of the field we got destroyed Colm and Ritchie got completely over run which in my eyes was the major factor on how we lost the game by the time Mattie came to that area off the field the game was over,we where so slow to make that change to try and counter act what Kerry had done.....I dont think we have enough natural footballers that make the correct decisions at the right time and cant see how that can be cured in the near future,i could be wrong but we are at least 2 defenders,1 midfielder and 2 forwards short to have a team with the correct balance to win an All Ireland...

Meyler, McGeary and Richie Donnelly are not really inter county standard. Meyler in particular, no natural footballing ability. Great engine though - would be better suited to Iron mans.
Mickey Harte has had 3+ years with this team and still doesn't know his best side. Chops and changes certain players (relations not included). Hasn't developed any attacking threat or gameplan. TCB must get rid.

bigtogs

• View Profile
« Reply #10482 on: August 13, 2019, 11:18:45 AM »

Meyler, McGeary and Richie Donnelly are not really inter county standard. Meyler in particular, no natural footballing ability. Great engine though - would be better suited to Iron mans.
Mickey Harte has had 3+ years with this team and still doesn't know his best side. Chops and changes certain players (relations not included). Hasn't developed any attacking threat or gameplan. TCB must get rid.

Dont think that will happen so we have to soldier on....

Christmas Lights

• Credo Elvem Etiam Vivere
    • View Profile
« Reply #10483 on: August 13, 2019, 11:24:13 AM »
Few messages being forwarded around whatsapp groups today claiming the Tyrone water bottles that they were sharing with their markers were tampered with? Has anybody seen these messages? Basically, the messages are claiming the water the Tyrone water boys were giving the Kerry lads was making them sick? Surely this cant be true and it would be ridiculous if we went this low to win a game????

Well if itís in a WhatsApp group then it must be true. ::) There really are some gullible fools around.

Some shite goes around about Tyrone as well  ::) Such nonsense.

bigtogs

• View Profile
« Reply #10484 on: August 13, 2019, 11:25:54 AM »
Talk about low attendances very few from a neutral county would have any desire to watch us play..... Take the minute or so up up to half time in the last 2 all Ireland semi finals we have been in,we just kept the ball with no desire off kicking on and nailing another score before the whistle....i go to most games sometimes i ask myself why, it is that boring which in turn cannot create any atmosphere...i am considering watching on TV from here on in it will we cheaper if nothing else....  I am on my own thinking like this??