Author Topic: Tyrone County Football and Hurling  (Read 1482194 times)

Imposerous

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Reply #10110 on: July 09, 2019, 10:35:39 AM »
Gareth Malone.  Throwing his name out there as a potential successor to Mickey Harte. 

skeog

• View Profile
« Reply #10111 on: July 09, 2019, 11:44:15 AM »
A bit of banter that overall is harmless.

Fuzzman

• Aughabrack (Tyrone Not Cork)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10112 on: July 09, 2019, 11:48:51 AM »
2018 - Dubs - final - winner
2017 - Dubs - semi - winner
2016 - Mayo - quarter - finalist
2015 - Kerry - semi - finalist
2014 - Armagh - Qualifier
2013 - Kerry - semi - finalist
2012 - Kerry - qualifier
2011 - Dubs - quarter - winner
2010 - Dubs - quarter
2009 - Cork - semi - finalist

So in the last ten years we've only been beaten three times by someone that wasn't in the final, and only once by a team outside of the usual top 3.

Yeah that's good analysis Jayop and what RHSanta has been saying for some time. Mickey really has raised the bar of where we used to be before he came along in 2003 and whilst many can argue we've not won an AI or beaten any of the top 3 in 10 years, we certainly have been a top 5 team now for a good few years. Mayo have gotten to a good few more finals than us and look the closest to Dublin but there always seems to be this argument who are the better team. They like to believe they are the most consistent team in the 2010s.

Personally, I think we will get to another semi and I think that game will show have we really made progress or not. I think if we played Mayo now it would be a hell of a game. Kerry would be interesting as they seem a bit like Galway in that they want to play attacking football but when they leave their defensive system they look very open. Donegal will be sick as parrots if they draw us again in the semi but I'd say maybe we're the lesser of two evils.
I love the super 8s and the runs we get in the back door. I much prefer it to the Ulster championship as Donegal have been sitting waiting around now for ages as have the Rossies whilst Mayo and ourselves have again built up huge momentum.

Jayop

• View Profile
« Reply #10113 on: July 11, 2019, 08:35:49 PM »
Both ourselves and Donegal would be confident in playing the other if we both managed to get to a semi-final. Donegal would certainly prefer to play us and if they do that would mean they have won a group with Kerry and Mayo in it so they would be flying at that stage. If we finished second it would be because we've likely lost our last super 8 game at home and you'd probably just give Donegal the favourites tag.

Personally I'd much prefer to have Kerry or Mayo just to give us a chance to get that monkey off our back that I mentioned above.

omagh_gael

• '03, '05 + '08...not bad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10114 on: July 11, 2019, 11:08:21 PM »
As expected, Petey Harte cleared to play on Saturday.

Jayop

• View Profile
« Reply #10115 on: July 11, 2019, 11:24:07 PM »
As expected, Petey Harte cleared to play on Saturday.

Apparently only the Longford one overturned which is a joke tbh but no surprise. You can be certain he'll be targeted by the refs for another soft one before we have a big game.

tyrone08

• View Profile
« Reply #10116 on: July 11, 2019, 11:27:27 PM »
Typical gaa. Couldn't admit a problem with the rules so they overturn only 1. Does this mean if he gets another 1 we are back to a ban again

Jayop

• View Profile
« Reply #10117 on: July 11, 2019, 11:29:55 PM »
Typical gaa. Couldn't admit a problem with the rules so they overturn only 1. Does this mean if he gets another 1 we are back to a ban again

Yup

tyrone08

• View Profile
« Reply #10118 on: July 11, 2019, 11:33:56 PM »

Yup

Nightmare. The cavan one was a joke. 100% certain he will get another black card to even it out for the gaa. Ironically he is one of the cleanest players in the game

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #10119 on: July 11, 2019, 11:38:44 PM »

Yup

Nightmare. The cavan one was a joke. 100% certain he will get another black card to even it out for the gaa. Ironically he is one of the cleanest players in the game
wouldn't exactly say cleanest, he got red carded against Monaghan last year for punching someone in the ribs.

WT4E

• View Profile
« Reply #10120 on: July 12, 2019, 03:05:49 AM »
http://hoganstand.com/article/index/301613

What a great footballer.... But can we all now agree hes now a self serving twat whose embarrassing. Mickey and Sean have let the County and the lads down.

The Bearded One

• View Profile
« Reply #10121 on: July 12, 2019, 07:59:44 AM »

What a great footballer.... But can we all now agree hes now a self serving twat whose embarrassing. Mickey and Sean have let the County and the lads down.

Donít agree with his analysis of this at all but I expect heís trying fire fight any reputational damage to his business. Just a hunch.
It is what it is. Presumably.

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #10122 on: July 12, 2019, 10:24:53 AM »

Donít agree with his analysis of this at all but I expect heís trying fire fight any reputational damage to his business. Just a hunch.

The parade did not "pass the bus" as suggested here. It blocked the road. The bus had to wait for it to finish.
Also, you don't need to be political to have an idea of the words of that song.

Fuzzman

• Aughabrack (Tyrone Not Cork)
    • View Profile

Jayop

• View Profile
« Reply #10124 on: July 12, 2019, 03:27:15 PM »

Exactly. it was embarassing from him. First of all how can you possibly condemn lads for singing a song and then in the next breath say you have no idea what the song is about?? Makes zero sense.

I'm trying to figure out what's worse from him this week. This or the crying about the Kerry fans clapping the Tyrone team into the bus in Kilarney which was a gesture at the time that everyone thought was great. Thin skin these lads are turning out to have.
The parade did not "pass the bus" as suggested here. It blocked the road. The bus had to wait for it to finish.
Also, you don't need to be political to have an idea of the words of that song.