Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Saw it, gonna be a tough week ahead. Saw who it was recorded it too.

Angelo

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

southtyronegael

trailer

It's a nothing issue. If this makes the media then I don't know what next.

RedHand88

bogball88

Quote from: An Watcher on July 07, 2019, 10:33:45 AM
Any chance of Cork springing a surprise on the dubs and the dubs then having to come to omagh to win to stay in the competition. Now that would be interesting
No

GaelTheGael

Big game against Roscommon coming up on Saturday. Win there and that's an All Ireland Semi Final place secured and you'd be quietly confident there. Tyrone put them to the sword at this stage last year in Croke Park, they have improved and have home advantage, but it's debatable if they have come that far as in to beat Tyrone at this stage, who are well seasoned and experienced.
In terms of changes, Hampsey is the only man to come in if hes fully up to speed, ideally he is the man to pick up Cox. Hopefully Harte is past the point of making rash changes like bringing Tiernan McCann, Ben McDonnell or a red herring like Rafferty in again at the expense of form players like Kennedy, Cassidy or Brennan.

bigpackiechestout

After criticising his free-taking on here last week I have to give Morgan his dues for Saturday, he was brilliant. He nailed two great kicks early on when the game was still close and Cavan were trying to get in our faces and make it a dog fight. He also made a couple of good interceptions at the back and his kick-outs were flawless. On that kind of form there is no better keeper in the country

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 01, 2019, 12:40:10 PM
Quote from: WT4E on July 01, 2019, 11:34:43 AM
Nearly the Best possible draw for tyrone and probably the worst at the same time.

Looks like we are favourites to get to another semi and possibly a final getting all our hopes up again spending a rip of money and convincing myself that we can beat Dublin. Only to get hammered and be depressed about tyrone all winter again.

REPEAT

Wouldn't look too far past Cavan to be honest. They'll fancy it.

That went well.

Cavan were absolutely shite. No effort, no intensity, no heart. Obviously that's not Tyrone's problem though who gratefully will take the pass into the Super 8s. Roscommon must bring more on Saturday. Promises to be a massive game with the Dubs in the group and presumably will qualify.

Tyrone had a lot of great performances, McCurry and McShane look to be making those two attacking positions their own. How much of that was Cavan not at the races, we shall see. I don't know how much Tyrone will learn from Saturday but they'll be thrilled to get through the final round so unscathed.

Club boi

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 06, 2019, 09:55:56 PM
Do southtyronegael and his mates only comment on here during or after defeats? All very quiet this last few weeks.

We're now at important junction in the year where we enter the business end. I think the players deserve praise for putting in a huge amount of work this year again. They started the championship slowly but have put in very good performances in recent weeks.

Harte also deserves praise for leading us to the last 8 of the all Ireland in 14 out of his 17 seasons in charge, an incredible statistic. We have also got to 8 semi finals since he took over and hopefully we'll get back there and further again this year.

Next week looks like a huge game in deciding that. Hopefully a large support travel and give the team the support they deserve, Roscommon will be up for it big time.

Quiet - Tyrone have beaten nobody of note
Huge work - Is this not required every year??
Performances - Against lower opposition
Harte - Credit were due, just feel it time he moved on while he still gets the plaudits for these stats and not ruine his legacy

I will heap praise when we finally beat Kerry/Mayo or Dublin when it counts

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Club boi on July 08, 2019, 11:26:40 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 06, 2019, 09:55:56 PM
Do southtyronegael and his mates only comment on here during or after defeats? All very quiet this last few weeks.

We're now at important junction in the year where we enter the business end. I think the players deserve praise for putting in a huge amount of work this year again. They started the championship slowly but have put in very good performances in recent weeks.

Harte also deserves praise for leading us to the last 8 of the all Ireland in 14 out of his 17 seasons in charge, an incredible statistic. We have also got to 8 semi finals since he took over and hopefully we'll get back there and further again this year.

Next week looks like a huge game in deciding that. Hopefully a large support travel and give the team the support they deserve, Roscommon will be up for it big time.

Quiet - Tyrone have beaten nobody of note
Huge work - Is this not required every year??
Performances - Against lower opposition
Harte - Credit were due, just feel it time he moved on while he still gets the plaudits for these stats and not ruine his legacy

I will heap praise when we finally beat Kerry/Mayo or Dublin when it counts

Whether it be a league game McKenna cup game or championship game boys on here are very quick to give out on here at a bad performance or result. But not a word after good displays.

Yes we were expected to beat Cavan and Kildare but they were both very good performances with huge victories. It shows how far we've come that we expect to be beating a team that played division one this year and a team near the top of division two by so much. Every other county in ulster outside of Donegal would be delighted with the results.

I think a lot of people want Harte to move on for the sake of it. He's doing a great job with a lot less resources than the other top counties and long may it continue. We operated at a level above both Mayo and Kerry last year so not sure why we needed to beat them, though a win would have been nice.

Big game again this week against a team who have already beaten Mayo and will be fired up and confident. It will be a much tougher assignment than last week and a big battle in store.

tyrone08

After seeing the highlights of the cork game there is no guarantee that tyrone will progress. You dont want to be playing dublin needing any points to progress. Corks kicking into the full forwards was excellent.

BennyHarp

Quote from: tyrone08 on July 08, 2019, 12:18:34 PM
After seeing the highlights of the cork game there is no guarantee that tyrone will progress. You dont want to be playing dublin needing any points to progress. Corks kicking into the full forwards was excellent.

Which hopefully is bread and butter to our defensive system
That was never a square ball!!