Author Topic: Tyrone County Football and Hurling  (Read 1176994 times)

bigtogs

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Reply #8175 on: August 08, 2018, 10:20:11 AM »
Right lads leave STG to it, he will no doubt be back in force if we get beat sunday or the final. I think its fairly established himself and a few others are absolute clowns who take it too far!

I questioned mickey after the monaghan game as same mistakes seemed to be happening. But he deserves plenty of credit for where he has got us.

Looking forward to Sunday, it feels very surreal to be in an AI semi so soon!

I feel the same so far in the championship We have failed one major test v Monaghan.... we expected to win all the rest of the qualifier games and we did, we expected to beat Roscommon and Get beat by Dublin and this happened.....Next big Major test v Donegal we passed with some ease at the finish up.....So all in so far after Monaghan defeat we would have took your arm off to be in the Semi Final on Sunday so i am happy enough... I have said all along,If we dont get to the All Ireland final if we avoid Dublin it would be very disappointing.... So Sunday is a big day for all concerned and i think we have improved enough to win!!

Jim Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #8176 on: August 08, 2018, 11:26:40 AM »
Harte loyalists out in force this weather after beating Dublin and winning our fourth All Ireland! ... Oh wait a minute.. Firstly I don't give too F#cks if someone named me on here or not, I mean whats gonna happen? Anyway on to Harte. Firstly I was happy to see him get the job back in 02 because he did deserve it after all the underage success. Eugene Mckenna did bring Tyrone their first National title and was unfortunate for him not to stay but Mickey was the lucky one to get it. Never once up until 2010 did I question him in the job. After cork in 2009 I said we will give it one more year Mickey and then the job should be given to someone else. Of course Harte was never gonna walk away cos the Tyrone senior job is far too prestigious and this would be like handing over my beautiful girlfriend to another man. That's unfortunately the mentality we have to deal with since 2011 were power and control is all consuming. Sure enough Mickeys hung in there and may have the talent now to win another one. We will see.

Did you get your accounts mixed up and think you were logging in as Southtyronegael? Why do you need two accounts to say the same things anyway?

;D ;D ;DTotal clown is STG/TBD

TwoUpTwoDown

• View Profile
« Reply #8177 on: August 08, 2018, 10:05:50 PM »
Interesting to see what lads think the matchups will be this weekend? Who is your replacement for Meyler (if unavailable). One worrying aspect is how badly cleaned out around the middle we were in HP. Do we bring a bigger man in there to try and stifle the Monagahn kickout? I am also of the belief that Beggan can be got at. He has had a fantastic year, however I think he is flaky. Both his shot stopping and comfort under the high ball are average IMO.

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #8178 on: August 08, 2018, 10:07:00 PM »
lads lets be honest about it. harte has stumbled through this championship. the players deserve all the credit and in reality its the great work done by peter donnelly that has us in the semi. we still dont have a single trophy so show for our efforts this year but at least we are in with a chance of the big one. i have every faith that we have the players to do it. thought we were bang average yesterday though until mickeys favourite player lee brennan came on and totally changed the game. also special mention to colly cavanagh, amazing performance.

Did MH not get it spot on with the timing of the subs that won us the game?

Great tactical performance from MH yesterday it has to be said.
great tactical performance from mh because he threw on a few subs in a game we were playing average in and losing by 4 points? Any half ass manager would do the same. Some people really will bend over backwards to praise harte. IL never be one of them!

No doubt the Harte bashers on here, who have called for Mickey to go and called for his head constantly.
These mouths will be the first in line looking for tickets for the Final (if we get there).
They will be the first down to Dublin for the final, the first game they  have attended in years.
Or maybe because they are so opposed to him and his style, tactics and play, then they will stay away - doubt it though.
Love Tyrone hate Harte. IL never give him credit. That ok princess?

::)
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #8179 on: August 08, 2018, 10:27:27 PM »
lads lets be honest about it. harte has stumbled through this championship. the players deserve all the credit and in reality its the great work done by peter donnelly that has us in the semi. we still dont have a single trophy so show for our efforts this year but at least we are in with a chance of the big one. i have every faith that we have the players to do it. thought we were bang average yesterday though until mickeys favourite player lee brennan came on and totally changed the game. also special mention to colly cavanagh, amazing performance.

great tactical performance from mh because he threw on a few subs in a game we were playing average in and losing by 4 points? Any half ass manager would do the same. Some people really will bend over backwards to praise harte. IL never be one of them!

No doubt the Harte bashers on here, who have called for Mickey to go and called for his head constantly.
These mouths will be the first in line looking for tickets for the Final (if we get there).
They will be the first down to Dublin for the final, the first game they  have attended in years.
Or maybe because they are so opposed to him and his style, tactics and play, then they will stay away - doubt it though.

My god. It all makes sense!!!!

And he would have got away with it too if it wasn't for you pesky kids.

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #8180 on: August 08, 2018, 10:41:45 PM »

My god. It all makes sense!!!!

And he would have got away with it too if it wasn't for you pesky kids.

It was fairly obvious to most. Pretty sad thing to do, replying to yourself on a Internet forum.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #8181 on: August 09, 2018, 12:19:54 AM »
you know whats sad? fuckwits on here putting 2 and 2 together and gettin 5. any wonder every other county thinks current tyrone fans are a crowd of pukes.

Jim Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #8182 on: August 09, 2018, 12:42:54 AM »
you know whats sad? fuckwits on here putting 2 and 2 together and gettin 5. any wonder every other county thinks current tyrone fans are a crowd of pukes.

Forget it. Youíve been sussed. What a ganch you are!!!

omagh_gael

• '03, '05 + '08...not bad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8183 on: August 09, 2018, 10:23:13 AM »

STG, to be fair that's a worse own goal than Colm Boyle in an AI final!

GaaFanatic123

• View Profile
« Reply #8184 on: August 09, 2018, 12:43:11 PM »
Interesting to see what lads think the matchups will be this weekend? Who is your replacement for Meyler (if unavailable). One worrying aspect is how badly cleaned out around the middle we were in HP. Do we bring a bigger man in there to try and stifle the Monagahn kickout? I am also of the belief that Beggan can be got at. He has had a fantastic year, however I think he is flaky. Both his shot stopping and comfort under the high ball are average IMO.

I think McGeary will have to come in for Meyler, the rumour is that Meyler has broke his leg which is a huge blow to Tyrone and more importantly his club Omagh who will suffer the most!
Tyrone imo will have to get into the faces of Monaghan if they want a certain win as, just like the way Fermanagh did, if you just play football with them then you can expect a great game of football buy they will be more difficult to beat!

TyroneOnlooker

• View Profile
« Reply #8185 on: August 09, 2018, 01:25:03 PM »
Meyler has chipped a bone in the foot or leg apparently so that'll be him done for the season you'd imagine. Big call as to who replaces him. You could put in McClure around the middle (presumably McClure next in line if McNulty not getting a look in) or alternatively keep in Rory Brennan and push up harte into half forward line. If i was a betting man i think that's what he'll do.
I think it's important to keep mcgeary and lee brennan in reserve, far rather have them coming on for last 20 than mcshane or r donnelly. seems mad to keep your better players on the bench but that's modern football and it's all about game management.

redzone

• View Profile
« Reply #8186 on: August 09, 2018, 05:31:08 PM »
It's definitely not modern football to keep your best players on the bench, can't think of to many teams that do it. Lee has to start. I think Rory Brennan will pick u Karl O'Connell. If Harte sticks with skeet and richy McKernan could be very unfortunate and miss out

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #8187 on: August 09, 2018, 06:55:22 PM »
It's definitely not modern football to keep your best players on the bench, can't think of to many teams that do it. Lee has to start. I think Rory Brennan will pick u Karl O'Connell. If Harte sticks with skeet and richy McKernan could be very unfortunate and miss out

Itís not about leaving you best players on the bench. Itís about having your best team on the pitch, flying, when the game is in the melting pot. McGearyís all action style may not suit 70 mins, I also think (and could be wrong here) that heís been travelling to uni in England or Scotland so maybe his fitness just isnít at the level of others for the lung bursting role he plays. I know Iíd rather have him coming in with 25 mins to go and emptying the tank rather than blowing up after 50mins. With regards, Lee Brennan, heís just coming back from injury, again, can he last 70 mins? Are you prepared to be subbing him after 55mins with the game there to be won? I just donít think bringing Skeet, McShane or Ritchie D will give us the same boost but they are steady players to ensure the game is tight if started. Itís a tough call for the management but itís not as simple as just picking your best 15 to start and leave them there for 70 mins. Mickey may have stumbled on this tactic rather then by design but if we know we can push on in the final 20 rather than fading then I think thatís a great bonus.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 06:59:12 PM by BennyHarp »
That was never a square ball!!

omaghjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #8188 on: August 09, 2018, 07:52:52 PM »
Meyler has chipped a bone in the foot or leg apparently so that'll be him done for the season you'd imagine. Big call as to who replaces him. You could put in McClure around the middle (presumably McClure next in line if McNulty not getting a look in) or alternatively keep in Rory Brennan and push up harte into half forward line. If i was a betting man i think that's what he'll do.
I think it's important to keep mcgeary and lee brennan in reserve, far rather have them coming on for last 20 than mcshane or r donnelly. seems mad to keep your better players on the bench but that's modern football and it's all about game management.
Would like to see Brennan in from the start purely for frees, don't think he is as much an "impact" player as McGeary

redzone

• View Profile
« Reply #8189 on: August 09, 2018, 09:15:01 PM »

Itís not about leaving you best players on the bench. Itís about having your best team on the pitch, flying, when the game is in the melting pot. McGearyís all action style may not suit 70 mins, I also think (and could be wrong here) that heís been travelling to uni in England or Scotland so maybe his fitness just isnít at the level of others for the lung bursting role he plays. I know Iíd rather have him coming in with 25 mins to go and emptying the tank rather than blowing up after 50mins. With regards, Lee Brennan, heís just coming back from injury, again, can he last 70 mins? Are you prepared to be subbing him after 55mins with the game there to be won? I just donít think bringing Skeet, McShane or Ritchie D will give us the same boost but they are steady players to ensure the game is tight if started. Itís a tough call for the management but itís not as simple as just picking your best 15 to start and leave them there for 70 mins. Mickey may have stumbled on this tactic rather then by design but if we know we can push on in the final 20 rather than fading then I think thatís a great bonus.
Hard to know what to do that's for sure. If he made the subs at half time then maybe I'd have more belief in what he's doing. If donegal had of got a goal after half time I'd say they would have been damn hard to pull back. There is definitely 70 mins in mcgeary and Brennan. We have one foot in the final (so have Monaghan) and we need to attack the game from the start.