Author Topic: Tyrone County Football and Hurling  (Read 1064359 times)

omagh_gael

• '03, '05 + '08...not bad!
    • View Profile
Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Reply #6885 on: April 13, 2018, 10:18:34 AM »
Lettuce move on lads

On current form how would be your starting 15?
Is Hampsey back on the square now?
Has McNamee dropped down the pecking order?
Has McCarron regained some of his hair sorry I mean form?

Will we have another set of brothers in the team in the McGearys?
Will Richie Donnelly ever be fit for more than two games and show us all his true worth?
Who is our best MF now that we do have some options in that area?
Is Mattie better at CHB or CHF?

Will Tiernan be back for the summer?
Will we have a plan B this year or is that just for Croke Park stewards these days?
What happens if Lee gets injured? Has he passed out his older brother as first choice now? How good can he be?

Will McShane be our answer at FF or is he another Enda McGinley 3rd midfielder?
Will Mark Bradley no longer be our only player up in the FF line surrounded by 3 Monaghan defenders.

Is Frank Burns our new solid CHB to finally replace Seamus McCallan from 1996?

Does anyone know will Dan McNulty ever come back into the county setup
Will any of these questions be answered this summer?

Interesting reading through the U21 final match report which is 3 years ago in 3 weeks time.
https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/tyrone-withstand-late-tipperary-rally-to-be-crowned-allireland-under21-champions-31190855.html

I thought Mark Kavanagh certainly would have made it to the senior team from that season.

Fuzzman, my opinions only:

1. Hampsey is probably our best man to man defender/footballer.
2. McNamee I think has let his ship sailed. Was exposed when left inside with no protection. Seemed too interested in being at the opening of everything.
3. If there's two 1 McGeary on the team, never mind 2 then we are in bother.
4. I think McCann will be back for some role, think he'll struggle at this stage to break into the starting 15
5. Can't see McShane making the team in either role. Still too raw with decisions even though he has improved vastly.
6a) Burns is playing CHB in all but name. He is doing a Colly Cav role mark (ii), if i was a Dub would I want to see Burns against O'Callaghan? Of course.
6b)Just FYI, since McCallan, we've had Holmes, Gormley, both McMahons and Ricey all play at CHB, so it wasn't as if we were void of options since big Seamy and his outside of the left.

Have you seen tyrone play this year ye clown

Jaysus lads some dodgy statements in here.

1. How the feck does McNamee attending 'openings' affect his footballing? I'd say he'll still see plenty of game time this year. Needs to cut down on his sledging/aggression imo.

2. Fuzz, I don't think Matty has ever truly played the #11 role. Almost sure we'll see a Harte, Sludden, Donnelly HF line v Monaghan. Likewise, although McShane has been named at #14 in a number of games I'd wager he's only spent around 10 mins actually in that position. I have a feeling Harte might go with Brennan, McAliskey, McShane in FF line with McShane operating further out the field. Mark Bradley was a bit quiet in the league and may find his position under threat and instead be used as an impact sub for last 20mins.

3. Think Conor Gormley (in particular) may have a case for being one of our most solid (perhaps best?) CHBs.

4. Ridiculous statement re the McGeary's. HP was arguably one of our best performers in the league and was on fire that day in Mayo prior to his wipeout. Kieran is fantastic too but finds himself fighting for a position in the most competitive part of our team.

Therealdonald

• View Profile
« Reply #6886 on: April 13, 2018, 11:05:36 PM »
Lettuce move on lads

Will Richie Donnelly ever be fit for more than two games and show us all his true worth?

Will we have a plan B this year or is that just for Croke Park stewards these days?
What happens if Lee gets injured? Has he passed out his older brother as first choice now? How good can he be?

Will Mark Bradley no longer be our only player up in the FF line surrounded by 3 Monaghan defenders.

Interesting reading through the U21 final match report which is 3 years ago in 3 weeks time.
https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/tyrone-withstand-late-tipperary-rally-to-be-crowned-allireland-under21-champions-31190855.html

I thought Mark Kavanagh certainly would have made it to the senior team from that season.

2. McNamee I think has let his ship sailed. Was exposed when left inside with no protection. Seemed too interested in being at the opening of everything.
4. I think McCann will be back for some role, think he'll struggle at this stage to break into the starting 15
5. Can't see McShane making the team in either role. Still too raw with decisions even though he has improved vastly.
6a) Burns is playing CHB in all but name. He is doing a Colly Cav role mark (ii), if i was a Dub would I want to see Burns against O'Callaghan? Of course.
6b)Just FYI, since McCallan, we've had Holmes, Gormley, both McMahons and Ricey all play at CHB, so it wasn't as if we were void of options since big Seamy and his outside of the left.

1. How the feck does McNamee attending 'openings' affect his footballing? I'd say he'll still see plenty of game time this year. Needs to cut down on his sledging/aggression imo.

2. Fuzz, I don't think Matty has ever truly played the #11 role. Almost sure we'll see a Harte, Sludden, Donnelly HF line v Monaghan. Likewise, although McShane has been named at #14 in a number of games I'd wager he's only spent around 10 mins actually in that position. I have a feeling Harte might go with Brennan, McAliskey, McShane in FF line with McShane operating further out the field. Mark Bradley was a bit quiet in the league and may find his position under threat and instead be used as an impact sub for last 20mins.

3. Think Conor Gormley (in particular) may have a case for being one of our most solid (perhaps best?) CHBs.

4. Ridiculous statement re the McGeary's. HP was arguably one of our best performers in the league and was on fire that day in Mayo prior to his wipeout. Kieran is fantastic too but finds himself fighting for a position in the most competitive part of our team.

Didn't realise we were in the peoples republic of North Korea and a difference of opinion was frowned upon.

longballin

• View Profile
« Reply #6887 on: April 13, 2018, 11:17:06 PM »
Lettuce move on lads

Didn't realise we were in the peoples republic of North Korea and a difference of opinion was frowned upon.

You think you can think for yourself? Shame on you!

Thebigdog

• View Profile
« Reply #6888 on: April 14, 2018, 01:13:38 AM »
When Tyrone go out against Monaghan next month their can be no going back to the blanket default. The way we play has to be the way we play all summer. This will be a big test for Harte and o Rourke to see who blinks first.

Jim Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #6889 on: April 14, 2018, 01:27:28 AM »
When Tyrone go out against Monaghan next month their can be no going back to the blanket default. The way we play has to be the way we play all summer. This will be a big test for Harte and o Rourke to see who blinks first.

Should ‘default ‘ not be ‘defence’ ? Just wondering.

It’s ‘there’
  It’s ‘O’Rourke ‘

Thebigdog

• View Profile
« Reply #6890 on: April 15, 2018, 06:45:09 PM »

Should ‘default ‘ not be ‘defence’ ? Just wondering.

It’s ‘there’
  It’s ‘O’Rourke ‘
Awh another f**king school teacher. The Russians didn't win the second world war in a good grammar competition. Take not robot.

Jim Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #6891 on: April 15, 2018, 07:53:24 PM »
Temper temper!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Oh and it’s ‘note’ in last line not ‘not’. But was written in a mood so understand the error.  ;D ;D

Fuzzman

• Aughabrack (Tyrone Not Cork)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6892 on: April 16, 2018, 05:07:32 PM »
Jaysus there is some shite talked in here these days.
Are ladz just bored or not have anything decent to write?

Yes yes I know it should be lads. Thanks.

Of course I should have included Conor Block Gormley in my CHB list but maybe there was more of a raw physicality about Seamy C but I know Conor was no (and from what I read IS STILL NO) shrinking violet.

Can't quite believe my eyes what some are saying about the McGearys.

I think most of us probably would have thought Rory Brennan would be well established in the team by this time

Therealdonald

• View Profile
« Reply #6893 on: April 16, 2018, 05:18:33 PM »

Of course I should have included Conor Block Gormley in my CHB list but maybe there was more of a raw physicality about Seamy C but I know Conor was no (and from what I read IS STILL NO) shrinking violet.

I think most of us probably would have thought Rory Brennan would be well established in the team by this time

Everything I'm saying above I still stand by. When we win the All Ireland with either Mcgeary or Burns on I will eat my hat.

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #6894 on: April 16, 2018, 05:37:12 PM »

Everything I'm saying above I still stand by. When we win the All Ireland with either Mcgeary or Burns on I will eat my hat.

Are you Colm O’Rourke? Burns is a superb footballer and a born CHB in the mould that is perfect for our gameplan, excellent positional sense to cover with a great ability to drive forward in possession and deliver a pass. Football is a game of opinions and in my view the McGeary’s will prove to be a big addition to our team too. Granted they haven’t set the world alight but HP was improving with every game this year adding much needed strength and aggression to our defence. Kieran has loads of potential, his point v Donegal in the 2016 Ulster final was excellent and he can win his own ball and deliver a pass too. They are fairly new to the squad and I think it’s fairly  harsh to be writing them off so quickly.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 07:33:27 PM by BennyHarp »
That was never a square ball!!

gaafan2

• View Profile
« Reply #6895 on: April 16, 2018, 07:21:52 PM »

Frank Burns was one of our best performers, if not the best in this years League campaign after playing only 3 games. So to come out with the above statement is ridiculous. I think it’s best to ignore any further posts from a troll like yourself.

Therealdonald

• View Profile
« Reply #6896 on: April 16, 2018, 07:30:25 PM »

Frank Burns was one of our best performers, if not the best in this years League campaign after playing only 3 games. So to come out with the above statement is ridiculous. I think it’s best to ignore any further posts from a troll like yourself.

I said it before, I didn't realise a difference of opinion had been outlawed in the free world....

gaafan2

• View Profile
« Reply #6897 on: April 16, 2018, 07:35:56 PM »

I said it before, I didn't realise a difference of opinion had been outlawed in the free world....

I believe it’s an opinion you hold on your own Troll.

Fuzzman

• View Profile
« Reply #6898 on: April 17, 2018, 12:35:53 PM »

Are you Colm O’Rourke? Burns is a superb footballer and a born CHB in the mould that is perfect for our gameplan, excellent positional sense to cover with a great ability to drive forward in possession and deliver a pass. Football is a game of opinions and in my view the McGeary’s will prove to be a big addition to our team too. Granted they haven’t set the world alight but HP was improving with every game this year adding much needed strength and aggression to our defence. Kieran has loads of potential, his point v Donegal in the 2016 Ulster final was excellent and he can win his own ball and deliver a pass too. They are fairly new to the squad and I think it’s fairly  harsh to be writing them off so quickly.

I second all that BH. The Pomeroy lads have certainly added a lot to the mix and sometimes you wonder do some fans want lads to fail or that they make a rash decision about them and then they spend the rest of their time trying to convince themselves they were right
McShane is a prime example, where the last 2 years he did make some bad shot selection choices and had the odd rush of blood to the head and got black cards but some fans go into games with pre-conceived ideas on players and they can do no right then. I'm guilty of it myself with say Ronan O'Neill despite him scoring some excellent goals over the last few years.

I have a feeling McShane could be a massive player for us this year. It will help him playing in Div 2 for his club as well and I see he scored 8 points for Owen Roes at the weekend. He is a cousin of Dooher at the end of the day. LOL

Fuzzman

• View Profile
« Reply #6899 on: April 20, 2018, 04:08:44 PM »
I see Wenger resigned.

Relax, lads, only messing.