Previous topic - Next topic

SkillfulBill

Quote from: tothetop03 on September 13, 2017, 09:34:55 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 12, 2017, 11:20:45 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on September 12, 2017, 10:24:59 PM
Quote from: Tyroneforsam on September 12, 2017, 08:07:40 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 12, 2017, 05:50:39 PM
Quote from: redhandofgod on September 12, 2017, 03:56:53 PM
Boys ultimately we don't have the forwards to compete with Dublin.

I would agree with this, you still need top forwards to win All Irelands and currently they dont exist in Tyrone.  Im not sure where the really next top, match winning forward/s in Tyrone are coming from.  We seem to have abundances of running half forward types but very little options for the full forward line.  Until we unearth some forwards who can be considered to be amongst the best in Ireland, then All Ireland glory will be out of our reach.  Forwards win matches.

How are we going to unearth a really top class full forward if we continue to use this defensive style of play particularly when it's also being used by the development squads..

Don't you understand that to "to compete with the best" you dont need to develope forwards apparently the opposition are to be convinced to stick the ball over their own bar to placate the mickey fan club on this interenet form. Anyone who dares question his methods

1. Dose not have a clue
2. never played the game
3. has not been picked by mickey
4. has had a relative who has not been picked by mickey
5. has never managed a team in their lives
6. has personel issues with mickey.

or possibly are a little feed up with paying good money to watch their county being beaten out the gate while "competing with the best" because our great leader has decided we dont need to play with a forward line which contains players who might actually threaten the opposition goals and plays a system that does not require you to defend a deficit. Time a few people woke up and smelled the coffee or is that a hint of gravy in the air ?

The vast majority of clubs in this county voted for Harte to stay so Bill, go you along to your local club meeting (I don't know who it is but they probably voted for Harte to stay) and tell them that you are sick of paying a few pounds to go and watch Tyrone play and that they need to wake up and smell the coffee because you believe Mickey Harte tactics are wrong. Tell them how pissed off you are and demand that they to listen to you and next time the vote for Mickey to leave comes up they should follow your advice. There's no point venting on here, nobody on here can make a difference but I'm sure, once they work out who you are, the lads in your local club will be glad to hear what you have to say.

Serious amount of canvassing done in this area to keep Mickey by a local county board club delegate and ex fixtures chairman.....

Benny what makes you so sure that I havent already expressed my opinion to club representatives already. It is not as if my opinions are like a voice in the wilderness. In the recent week I have spoken to many people within my own club and neighbouring clubs and I am not detecting any great support for the decision made. If anything a lot of people are far from happy about the lack of consultation with grass route members and fact it was 3 years the general feeling is that the vote taken was far from representative. You can make the argument that if people are not happy they can storm the bastille and change the county board make up. Not likely to happen. what is already happening and most likely to esculate is that people will vote with their feet and stop attending county matches. I am already seeing it at club level that the Derry problem of advising young players to avoid county call ups is becoming more of an issue. A sad state off affairs but sure hey people get what they vote for...........and anyone who is unhappy needs to shut up and get on with it.

shezam

I would agree with this, you still need top forwards to win All Irelands and currently they dont exist in Tyrone.  Im not sure where the really next top, match winning forward/s in Tyrone are coming from.  We seem to have abundances of running half forward types but very little options for the full forward line.  Until we unearth some forwards who can be considered to be amongst the best in Ireland, then All Ireland glory will be out of our reach.  Forwards win matches.

How are we going to unearth a really top class full forward if we continue to use this defensive style of play particularly when it's also being used by the development squads..

Don't you understand that to "to compete with the best" you dont need to develope forwards apparently the opposition are to be convinced to stick the ball over their own bar to placate the mickey fan club on this interenet form. Anyone who dares question his methods

1. Dose not have a clue
2. never played the game

or possibly are a little feed up with paying good money to watch their county being beaten out the gate while "competing with the best" because our great leader has decided we dont need to play with a forward line which contains players who might actually threaten the opposition goals and plays a system that does not require you to defend a deficit. Time a few people woke up and smelled the coffee or is that a hint of gravy in the air ?

The vast majority of clubs in this county voted for Harte to stay so Bill, go you along to your local club meeting (I don't know who it is but they probably voted for Harte to stay) and tell them that you are sick of paying a few pounds to go and watch Tyrone play and that they need to wake up and smell the coffee because you believe Mickey Harte tactics are wrong. Tell them how pissed off you are and demand that they to listen to you and next time the vote for Mickey to leave comes up they should follow your advice. There's no point venting on here, nobody on here can make a difference but I'm sure, once they work out who you are, the lads in your local club will be glad to hear what you have to say.

Not technically true, vast majority of club delegates voted for Harte to stay. It was proposed on the night that the delegates be allowed to go back and discuss with their clubs, that was overturned with a counter proposal that it be decided there and then.

redhandefender

Quote from: shezam on September 13, 2017, 02:26:58 PM

1. Dose not have a clue
2. never played the game

Not technically true, vast majority of club delegates voted for Harte to stay. It was proposed on the night that the delegates be allowed to go back and discuss with their clubs, that was overturned with a counter proposal that it be decided there and then.

Yes but clubs were aware the vote was coming so should have got an answer before that night.

The bottom line is the vast majority of people in tyrone think its the right answer. You want to do something get involved in your club and get your club to bring forward a motion to put him out.

I'm sure it would have popular vote given the way you are talking

BennyHarp

Quote from: SkillfulBill on September 13, 2017, 01:51:59 PM
Quote from: tothetop03 on September 13, 2017, 09:34:55 AM

1. Dose not have a clue
2. never played the game

Serious amount of canvassing done in this area to keep Mickey by a local county board club delegate and ex fixtures chairman.....

Benny what makes you so sure that I havent already expressed my opinion to club representatives already. It is not as if my opinions are like a voice in the wilderness. In the recent week I have spoken to many people within my own club and neighbouring clubs and I am not detecting any great support for the decision made. If anything a lot of people are far from happy about the lack of consultation with grass route members and fact it was 3 years the general feeling is that the vote taken was far from representative. You can make the argument that if people are not happy they can storm the bastille and change the county board make up. Not likely to happen. what is already happening and most likely to esculate is that people will vote with their feet and stop attending county matches. I am already seeing it at club level that the Derry problem of advising young players to avoid county call ups is becoming more of an issue. A sad state off affairs but sure hey people get what they vote for...........and anyone who is unhappy needs to shut up and get on with it.

But you and every club knew this decision was coming up. If you voiced this at your club meeting and had the groundswell of support that you say is there, then how did your club not vote to get Mickey out? I'm genuinely intrigued how such vociferous people online, some claiming mutiny  in the streets, fail so miserably to get their very loud voices heard within their clubs.
That was never a square ball!!

SkillfulBill

Quote from: shezam on September 13, 2017, 02:26:58 PM

1. Dose not have a clue
2. never played the game

Sounds to me that a few delegates in one camp had their homework very well done and knew they had a better chance providing it did not go back to the clubs. Very well managed from their point of view but at what cost ?

I really hope that they are right and that it is in the interest of Tyrone and I am sure that is the view they hold.

I do think the process of appointing the county manager needs to be reviewed. Either it is a decision for an appointments committee or it is at the descretion of the clubs. If it is the later then the clubs must by right be given the time and the details of the proposal well in advance of a vote so that they may express an informed view. Not for proposals to be foisted on club delagates with out the option of referral to their club.

Ty4Sam

Clar for county meeting was emailed out the week previous week, very clearly stating that County Senior management would be up for discussion. As I've said earlier I know of clubs, my own included, who asked committee members how they would like to vote prior to the meeting. If some clubs can do it, there's no reason why they all can't. If a clubs county board delegate didn't go and seek the feelings from the club committee then maybe questions should be asked of the club delegate?

southtyronegael

Quote from: Ty4Sam on September 13, 2017, 06:43:44 PM
Clar for county meeting was emailed out the week previous week, very clearly stating that County Senior management would be up for discussion. As I've said earlier I know of clubs, my own included, who asked committee members how they would like to vote prior to the meeting. If some clubs can do it, there's no reason why they all can't. If a clubs county board delegate didn't go and seek the feelings from the club committee then maybe questions should be asked of the club delegate?
did the email that was sent out to clubs clearly state that there was a proposed 3 year term for harte or that county senior management was up for discussion. i reckon more than a few delegates landed at garvaghey that night and didnt know what they were voting on until they got there.

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 13, 2017, 09:17:27 PM
did the email that was sent out to clubs clearly state that there was a proposed 3 year term for harte or that county senior management was up for discussion. i reckon more than a few delegates landed at garvaghey that night and didnt know what they were voting on until they got there.

Do you know this? Or is it just what you reckon?

SkillfulBill

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 13, 2017, 09:57:04 PM

Benny maybe you might enlighten us all exactly what was communicated to the clubs and their delegates in advance of the meeting.

BennyHarp

Quote from: SkillfulBill on September 13, 2017, 10:04:17 PM

Benny maybe you might enlighten us all exactly what was communicated to the clubs and their delegates in advance of the meeting.

I don't know Bill. I'm just trying to reconcile the comments by the likes of yourself and SouthTyrone suggesting there'd be riots on the streets if Mickey got a new term and what actually happened when the clubs voted fairly clearly to keep him in place. All I do I know is that the clubs were informed of the vote in advance and where invited  to discuss it and if I was as angry as you lads always seem to be then I'd make damn sure I had my voice heard at a forum where it would make a difference. All I'm asking is, did any of you lads take the opportunity?

southtyronegael

well at least i know for next time. il just have to get on my committee and work my way up to county delegate. i hve 3 yrs then i can vote him out to f**k.

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 13, 2017, 10:55:54 PM
well at least i know for next time. il just have to get on my committee and work my way up to county delegate. i hve 3 yrs then i can vote him out to f**k.

Good lad. I'm sure your club will appreciate your efforts over the next 3 years.

southtyronegael

well il have plenty of time to devote to my club cause i sure as hell wont be attending any tyrone games in the next 3 yrs.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 13, 2017, 10:27:23 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on September 13, 2017, 10:04:17 PM

I don't know Bill. I'm just trying to reconcile the comments by the likes of yourself and SouthTyrone suggesting there'd be riots on the streets if Mickey got a new term and what actually happened when the clubs voted fairly clearly to keep him in place. All I do I know is that the clubs were informed of the vote in advance and where invited  to discuss it and if I was as angry as you lads always seem to be then I'd make damn sure I had my voice heard at a forum where it would make a difference. All I'm asking is, did any of you lads take the opportunity?

Benny it is very difficult to have an informed opinion on a proposal if it has not been presented ahead of a vote. You know very well that most clubs where not advised in advance of a 3 year term. As to making my feelings known on it I aint behind the door when it comes to expressing an opinion to club representatives as many appeared to be equally surprised that a 3 year term was agreed without reference to the clubs.

I will say this is that now the decision has been made I hope it works out well and I will be first to put my hand up if I am wrong.

I wont be holding my breath and I think I will stick to watching club football for the forseable.

longballin

More excitement in first weekend of the club championship than all of this year's county Ulster championship...