Author Topic: Tyrone County Football and Hurling  (Read 571929 times)

WT4E

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Reply #4500 on: July 17, 2017, 11:49:46 AM »
IS it definitely Armagh or Kildare?

If Armagh where to beat Kildare and Monaghan beat Down would it not be open draw?

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: July 17, 2017, 11:52:16 AM »

If Armagh where to beat Kildare and Monaghan beat Down would it not be open draw?

Yeah if Armagh and Monaghan were to win it would be an open draw. Kildare are missing their captain and midfielder so don't think its a foregone conclusion they will beat Armagh. Tyrone-Armagh in Croker will be like the good oul days.

Tyrone Gaa

• View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: July 17, 2017, 12:11:41 PM »

Yeah if Armagh and Monaghan were to win it would be an open draw. Kildare are missing their captain and midfielder so don't think its a foregone conclusion they will beat Armagh. Tyrone-Armagh in Croker will be like the good oul days.

No I don't think its an open draw.  That is the draw regardless of the winners.  Tyrone will play either Armagh or Kildare
Living the dream!!!

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: July 17, 2017, 12:17:12 PM »

No I don't think its an open draw.  That is the draw regardless of the winners.  Tyrone will play either Armagh or Kildare

Ah right maybe you are right then. I thought people were thinking it was like that because Tyrone can't play Down and Dublin can't play Kildare again in the quarters but maybe its pre planned like you say.

Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: July 17, 2017, 12:27:37 PM »
Amazingly we could be in an AI semi final without really being tested (especially if Armagh win - we would destroy them in CP).

The break will do us no harm - get the batteries recharged and go again.

Dont see any need to change the 15 that started yesterday - great competition for places.

Thought McClure & Collie were excellent yesterday

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: July 17, 2017, 12:37:01 PM »
Amazingly we could be in an AI semi final without really being tested (especially if Armagh win - we would destroy them in CP).

Dont see any need to change the 15 that started yesterday - great competition for places.

I'd definitely have McClure starting think he has done enough to get a start now at this stage. Other than that I think the team more or less picks itself at this stage. I do think Cavanagh would be better as an impact sub at this stage of his career but there is no doubting he will be starting in Croke Park. Was he given the curly finger yesterday or taken off to be 'rested'?

Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: July 17, 2017, 12:39:35 PM »

I'd definitely have McClure starting think he has done enough to get a start now at this stage. Other than that I think the team more or less picks itself at this stage. I do think Cavanagh would be better as an impact sub at this stage of his career but there is no doubting he will be starting in Croke Park. Was he given the curly finger yesterday or taken off to be 'rested'?

I didnt notice it at the time but watching it back last night he seemed to give MH a death stare on the way off.

He has played worse and stayed on in the past so good to see him being given the 'curly finger'

Tyrone Gaa

• View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: July 17, 2017, 12:42:09 PM »

Agree when McClure came on he lifted the side.  Competition for places is brilliant and there are so many options that we can bring on to make an impact.  McGeary be could under pressure to hold his place.  He didn't last long vs Derry and had an early shower vs Down.
Living the dream!!!

tothetop03

• View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: July 17, 2017, 12:43:48 PM »

I didnt notice it at the time but watching it back last night he seemed to give MH a death stare on the way off.

He has played worse and stayed on in the past so good to see him being given the 'curly finger'

Mickey may think this is the first time big Sean could be done with out??

Tyrone Gaa

• View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: July 17, 2017, 01:10:50 PM »

Mickey may think this is the first time big Sean could be done with out??

Cant see Sean not starting, he is probably still the 1st name on the team sheet and especially moving into Croke Park where he usually finds another gear. 

Interestingly he invited Colm to jointly lift the Anglo Celt yesterday, is he suggesting Colm as a future/next Tyrone Captain?  Is Mattie still VC?
Living the dream!!!

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: July 17, 2017, 01:32:51 PM »
Cavanagh still lifted the trophy by himself. Colm was just there to mind the childer!

Fuzzman

• Aughabrack (Tyrone Not Cork)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: July 17, 2017, 02:41:39 PM »
Jeepers lads do you still not know the draw.
It's all on the GAA website or on wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_All-Ireland_Senior_Football_Championship#All-Ireland_Quarter-Finals

Dublin and Tyrone play Round 4B winners so it's a draw but like the one for Connacht and Munster it may be already determined as teams are not meant to meet someone they've already played.
So if Armagh and Monaghan come through then Tyrone and Dublin have not already met them so it's a open draw.

Re Sean. I really can't see Mickey not start him but should we get to the semifinal, he certainly would be a great man to come on against the Dubs and lift the whole team, the way Canavan did back in 2003 AI final. Whilst he doesn't have the youthful exuberance of some players any more, he still has a lot of experience and leadership qualities to that team, as well as being able to kick over long range points.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 03:22:39 PM by Fuzzman »

delgany

• View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: July 17, 2017, 03:06:17 PM »
Sean taken off yesterday due to yellow card

He took some aggreivation yesterday

A second yellow  or red would mean that he wouldn't be allowed to lift the cup

God14

• it aint over til its over
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: July 17, 2017, 03:14:51 PM »
Penny for the thoughts of Kyle Coney today. Supremely gifted. Stormed off the panel because he was subbed in a mckenna cup game.18month later and 2 ulster championships in the bag...

Tyrone Gaa

• View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: July 17, 2017, 03:21:30 PM »
Penny for the thoughts of Kyle Coney today. Supremely gifted. Stormed off the panel because he was subbed in a mckenna cup game.18month later and 2 ulster championships in the bag...

A waste of talent, unfortunately there are a few in Tyrone football that fall into this bracket
Living the dream!!!