Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on February 06, 2016, 12:29:08 AM
I see brollys on twitter now having a pop at McCann over the Rodgers incident, there wasn't much talk about this after the game if I remember correctly but it's been slowly gaining momentum ever since. Does anyone on here seriously believe McCann went in to do him? Realistically the video doing the rounds is from quite far back so nobody can be sure but it looks to me that McCann has come steaming in trying to get to the break and as it came in his direction he has jumped in to catch the ball and tried to kind of spin around at the same time so that he could roll away with the ball. Unfortunately he missed the ball and crashed into Rodgers.

It really is a serious statement to make (especially for someone in Brollys position) to come out and say McCann has deliberately hurt him whenever if you watch the video rationally I don't know how you could be sure that that is the case. Suppose we should expet nothing less from Brolly. Just wondering if we think the Derry management's comments on the issue are a bit of mind games leading up to the championship or does anyone think McCann deserves the flak?

What I will say is that it doesn't look good.

But it's impossible to tell either way whether it was intentional or accidental. The only one who really knows whether he meant it or not is McCann and there is definitely an agenda involved in trying to stoke the flame of last year with this. Rogers is a brilliant young player and I hope he makes a full recovery and the injury doesn't have any impact on him.

They will probably say we're paranoid but compare the reaction to the McCann challenge, a challenge in an non-televised pre-season tournament game to Johnny Cooper's kung fu kick of Diarmuid O'Connor last year which could easily have ended his career. There's no way McCann's is even in the same ball park as that even if he meant it or not, which isn't apparent. Cooper's is clear as day that he meant to do the Mayo lad and was swiftly brushed under the carpet in one of the biggest televised games of the year.

On Brolly, he's been trying very hard and quite crudely over the past three years to get rattles out of the Tyrone camp, he's had quite a number of disgusting personal attacks on Harte in particular. What really gets to Brolly though is that Harte never takes the bait and laughs off the fact that anyone should take Brolly seriously on these matters.

You get the feeling that whatever we achieve it will be devalued anyway so hopefully that gives the players and management the right motivation.

square_ball

Its classic Brolly though. His opinion is fact and that's it. He'll get a couple of newspaper columns out of it now in the next few weeks and he'll be happy enough.

I have watched the video numerous times and I think whilst clumsy McCann was going for the ball and for brolly to say it was premeditated is typical of the man.

TF15

I think McCann was trying to leave one on him with a hit but I doubt he wanted to do him like that with such a bad injury. By the video it's more of a shoulder to hit into him than a flying elbow directed to bust him.

LeoMc

I was asking on the other thread but does McCannhave form for that sort of thing?
I wasn't aware he was that kind of player.

tiempo

The game was streamed live on Armagh TV and their camera gives a much wider angle and would show the entirity of McCanns run in, it was also from the opposite sideline. Another look at that would help. It doesn't look good on the 10 second clip uploaded to You Tube, the question is would it have been put it up if it was categorically accidental? If not, then did they put it up to add fuel to the fire?

Brolly wading in again, as an RTE pundit he lacks impartiality.
Expect more brown noise from him in the coming weeks and months.

The Sweeper.com

Derry trying to be cunning here.

Its funny that this was a Derry video that was released. They didnt publish any rough Derry tackles in the game nor the incident that Derry official (Barton) came rushing in to get involved in an altercation between players. Very selective and calculated by the Derry side.

I for one believe there was certainly no malice in what Mc Cann did. But Barton trying to get Derry united here and he is using Tyrone as the common enemy.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: The Sweeper.com on February 08, 2016, 08:41:06 AM

Its funny that this was a Derry video that was released. They didnt publish any rough Derry tackles in the game nor the incident that Derry official (Barton) came rushing in to get involved in an altercation between players. Very selective and calculated by the Derry side.

I for one believe there was certainly no malice in what Mc Cann did. But Barton trying to get Derry united here and he is using Tyrone as the common enemy.
Quote from: referee on February 06, 2016, 06:36:22 PM
Emmett fat boy Mc Guckin 1st  about something that was said from  McCarron then Barton , he was too sore to talk about the rogers incident, then a week later he gives out not for the 1st time about Tyrones tactics and now we have that p***k from Dungiven/ St Brigids ranting, it's all about getting the pressure put on the officals before Championship in Celtic Park ,but we all know by now everything that happens is tyrones fault

Have to agree with most of that.

The BBC interview after the Cavan game was the most interesting for me. Over 7 minutes long with 2 minutes devoted to the game that day and the rest skillfully diverted on to the one incident the previous week. Missing players was the topic used to link discussion about the McCann/Rogers incident. I wouldn't be surprised if the journalist interviewing Damien was from Derry as well. Although to be fair that's all they're interested in sometimes ie controversy. There does seem to be a concerted effort from the Derry camp to complain about Tyrone after these games through all media sources. Interesting tactic from them.

WT4E

I think the interviewer is Thomas Niblock - A magherafelt man whose first sport would be GAA!

lenny

Quote from: never kickt a ball on February 08, 2016, 05:56:58 PM

Emmett fat boy Mc Guckin 1st  about something that was said from  McCarron then Barton , he was too sore to talk about the rogers incident, then a week later he gives out not for the 1st time about Tyrones tactics and now we have that p***k from Dungiven/ St Brigids ranting, it's all about getting the pressure put on the officals before Championship in Celtic Park ,but we all know by now everything that happens is tyrones fault

The BBC interview after the Cavan game was the most interesting for me. Over 7 minutes long with 2 minutes devoted to the game that day and the rest skillfully diverted on to the one incident the previous week. Missing players was the topic used to link discussion about the McCann/Rogers incident. I wouldn't be surprised if the journalist interviewing Damien was from Derry as well. Although to be fair that's all they're interested in sometimes ie controversy. There does seem to be a concerted effort from the Derry camp to complain about Tyrone after these games through all media sources. Interesting tactic from them.

All that inbreeding is making you boys a wee bit paranoid. I see that p***k mccann was up to his diving antics at the weekend again. He is a disgrace on the football field. All because not one tyrone person had the guts to call out his disgraceful behaviour publicly.

redzone

Ure mate Franko got his knuckles wrapped only last week for abuse of our players and u will be next. Your always trolling the Tyrone thread looking to give foul mouthed abuse Lenny. Time u stayed of it, or else

Club Rossa

There's no whinger like a Derry whinger!

BennyHarp

Quote from: lenny on February 09, 2016, 06:26:53 PM

All that inbreeding is making you boys a wee bit paranoid. I see that p***k mccann was up to his diving antics at the weekend again. He is a disgrace on the football field. All because not one tyrone person had the guts to call out his disgraceful behaviour publicly.

Are you still banging this drum?
That was never a square ball!!

WT4E

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 09, 2016, 08:09:24 PM

Are you still banging this drum?

Have to agree with this - How often do we have to say publically that he was wrong to dive and that Tyrone people were shamed by it.

I still believe that he's tarnished his rep forever BUT he's turning into a damn good player for the county whatever your opinion of him is.

Fuzzman

So many anti Tyrone posters love to come out with silly lines like that because they want to believe it and continue to spread anti Tyrone propaganda.
After the incident last year loads were saying it was an embarrassment and he shouldn't have done it but the proposed suspension was a total joke.
Anyway, we're well used to it now and I suppose Derry are enjoying being in the limelight again for the first time in years so Barton and Co know the more controversy they kick up the more hope they have of beating us come the summer.

Mikhailov

Lenny - this issue has been dealt with before both on this thread and publicly in the aftermath of the McCann episode in Croker...you Derry people are quick to criticise us and lambast any Tyrone misdemeanour but I haven't heard much criticism from within your own county on the issue of Barton storming onto the pitch in the McKenna cup final.
All we hear about is the Rodgers/McCann episode but nothing about a county manager leaving the touchline and running into a melee only to put firmly on his ass!! I have rarely seen it before and thought it would have garnered big headlines but with Derry men at the forefront now on BBC / RTE / Irish News then you are all re-directing the bad publicity our way instead of criticising your own manager and his behaviour...