Author Topic: Tyrone County Football and Hurling  (Read 1612672 times)

Norf Tyrone

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Reply #945 on: April 11, 2015, 10:20:48 AM »
My view would be that none of the lads are a huge loss but it does suggest to me that something is not quite right within the camp. If the lads have been harbouring these thoughts in the dressing room then they are better off leaving. Hopefully, we can replace them with potential from the U21 squad who will have a winning mentality and will freshen up things.

With the news that the U21s are now screwing over Club seasons, it's almost got to the stage that I hope Tyrone are dumped out of everything early to allow Club seasons to progress properly. It's getting more and more like Clubs v County as opposed to Club and County.

Ah come on Ffs, the semi final is next weekend, calm down, it's 7 days away, its hardly screwing over the club season. For the past 9 years the u21 team has had no impact on club football, relax!

The whole fixture list this weekend was at the convenience of the U21s. Games moves to Saturday. No one knowing when their game was til Weds night. Boys unable to plan. Men taking half days from work to play today.

Then the U21s ask that no players are selected today.

So what was the point of moving the games and inconveniencing do many?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

sam03/05

• View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 11, 2015, 11:20:29 AM »
The league in Tyrone is a farce simple as that. It's starts with a great hullabullow, then when teams are safe they start handing each other points. Relegation is most often decided by who can get the most points handed to them by clubs that are safe at the end of the season. So I am sorry if I can't get too excited about a round of league fixtures ahead of a chance to get to an AllIreland final. If these were fixtures played in the last few weeks of the year (most important time) then half the clubs would be handing points out to keep other clubs safe. Complete farce.

In Kerry the league would run on regardless and the u21s would likely play away. There'd certainly have been no email sent out the night before the league games telling the clubs who they were permitted to play.

The needs of the majority need to outweigh the needs of the few. 99% of players in Tyrone have been ruled by the needs of the elite 1% for years now and I'm glad it's swinging back the other way a small bit.

Sam03/05 - for the majority of players this is their first proper game in about 6 months-who the fcuk are you to call it a stupid fixture? You're a mouth.

Club boi

• View Profile
« Reply #947 on: April 11, 2015, 08:34:42 PM »
I have it on good authority that Cassidy did not give any of his county players "Ultimatums" but would have been advising them what was best for Clonoe (he's in the business for results so nobody here can say they probably wouldn't be doing something similar) According to Michael O'Neill's Facebook he has been in America for a couple of weeks travelling but home now

Tommo2

• View Profile
« Reply #948 on: April 11, 2015, 08:51:05 PM »
Heard that 2 players were dropped from U21 panel last night as they indicated that they were going to play for their clubs today. Then the U21's are allowed to play today. Wonder what happens to the 2 players in question. I would hope the management team would do the honourable thing.

rrhf

• View Profile
« Reply #949 on: April 11, 2015, 10:51:26 PM »
Time will tell. Couldn't believe the management would attempt that.  We must remember they are learning their position too,  big mistake to take on the club's.

Christmas Lights

• Credo Elvem Etiam Vivere
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: April 11, 2015, 11:00:50 PM »
Time will tell. Couldn't believe the management would attempt that.  We must remember they are learning their position too,  big mistake to take on the club's.

Bullying their own players into not playing for their clubs and then threatening them by saying they will be dropped from the panel if they do play is a disgrace. This management team has went down in my estimation

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: April 13, 2015, 03:12:02 PM »
Rumblings around South Derry that all is not well in the camp. . . anybody know the story lads?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/gaelic-games/32290537

Club Rossa

• View Profile
« Reply #952 on: April 13, 2015, 03:47:57 PM »
You's are wild nosey up in Screen ;)

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #953 on: April 13, 2015, 03:52:51 PM »

Takes a few days for the news to get up there too!  :)
That was never a square ball!!

Knock Yer Mucker In

• View Profile
« Reply #954 on: April 13, 2015, 03:53:47 PM »

More than that they take players from anywhere to get a team

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: April 14, 2015, 12:17:46 AM »

More than that they take players from anywhere to get a team

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Jesus you lads are no craic!!

Onthe40

• View Profile
« Reply #956 on: April 29, 2015, 12:20:13 PM »
Can anyone shed any light on the seniors not using Garvaghy to train in anymore ahead of the championship, instead they are going around the club grounds and have been for the past while.
Someone had mentioned this to me a while back but i didnt give it anymore thought. So a multi million pound complex not being used?
The privacy argument (i.e. need for closed door sessions) doesnt stand up, Garvaghy is as concealed as they come with the back pitches well removed from the main area and access to outsiders could easily be blocked.

Legoman5

• View Profile
« Reply #957 on: April 29, 2015, 02:01:01 PM »
Harte feels Garvaghy is too open and there are too many people around watchin them train, Clubs and club Tyrone members are now payin for Tyrone to hand over money to other clubs now like Dungannon and Drumragh last wk for there field so the county team could train on there patch..

blewuporstuffed

• View Profile
« Reply #958 on: April 29, 2015, 02:19:51 PM »
Harte feels Garvaghy is too open and there are too many people around watchin them train, Clubs and club Tyrone members are now payin for Tyrone to hand over money to other clubs now like Dungannon and Drumragh last wk for there field so the county team could train on there patch..

Im not sure how acurate these reports are, but this sis one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard.
Tyrone build a multi million pound training complex, only to end up training in places like dungannon  :-\

Surely they can control who has access to garvaghy on training nights if thats the issue?

if the issue is that its too exposed and windy, anyone could have told you that before there was a spade in the ground.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

giveherlong

• View Profile
« Reply #959 on: April 29, 2015, 04:08:59 PM »
Definitely trained in Drumragh recently on a Thursday night