Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inroundthesquare

Given the forward line departures would there be a chance of Mark Bradley being called back in? Anyone know how has he been performing for Killyclogher?

giveherlong

Quote from: inroundthesquare on June 24, 2019, 11:57:31 AM
Given the forward line departures would there be a chance of Mark Bradley being called back in? Anyone know how has he been performing for Killyclogher?

Sure isn't he away to America?

inroundthesquare

Quote from: giveherlong on June 24, 2019, 01:05:41 PM
Quote from: inroundthesquare on June 24, 2019, 11:57:31 AM

Sure isn't he away to America?

Played for Killyclogher weekend before last but you could be right

Fuzzman

Yeah I've heard he's been coming back at weekends for Killyclogher games from the UK where he's studying this year but he's due to go to the US this summer.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 24, 2019, 03:00:33 PM
Yeah I've heard he's been coming back at weekends for Killyclogher games from the UK where he's studying this year but he's due to go to the US this summer.

He comes home and plays, plane back Sunday evening. Away to states shortly, if not already with 4/5 other Killyclogher lads as per McIvor departure.

Localexpert

Did one of the high profile players go on holiday instead of going and supporting his teammates over the weekend?

skeog

Angelo

The options off the bench on Sunday didn't really inspire too much. The big thing for Tyrone over the past 2/3 years was that we've had a bench with players who are as good as what started and it allowed us to finish games well. Between defections and injuries though that has hit us hard.

Is McCann suspended for the next game too, I heard talk that despite it being a two game ban he would have only been suspended for the Longford match which seems odd.

I'm worried about Kildare, it could have been worse in that we could have drawn Mayo and I'd probably have preferred Kildare to Armagh but they are a very physical, athletic team with some good players and on their day more than capable as they showed last year. We will be doing well to get through this.

Going by reports I've heard, McCurry seemed to disappoint on Sunday - it always seems to be 1 step forward and 2 back for him lately. He seems much more able to impact a game off the bench. Sludden apparently was quite poor too - who to bring in is the main question. I'd certainly be starting Meyler the next day probably for Sludden and is it time to throw Coney a start at 11? He hasn't really done much any time he has came on so far but he's not had an awful lot of minutes and the likes of Sludden has started a few now and been very subdued.

Ben McDonnell got two good points when he came in.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Localexpert

Quote from: skeog on June 24, 2019, 09:14:43 PM
Bit of sun good for the tan.

What I want to know is was it booked before the donegal game and therefore was the whole thing planned  ;)

RedHand88

Quote from: Localexpert on June 24, 2019, 10:15:55 PM
Quote from: skeog on June 24, 2019, 09:14:43 PM
Bit of sun good for the tan.

What I want to know is was it booked before the donegal game and therefore was the whole thing planned  ;)

With the guff he gets from the perpetually outraged anti-tyronies can you blame him for getting a week away?

oakleafgael

Few random points from Saturday's game.

Pearse Park is a great wee stadium.
McCurry proved again that he isn't the answer. Better option off the bench.
Was very surprised McGeary was allowed to finish the first half.
Cathal McShane has developed into as good a full forward as what's about at the minute.
Colm Cavanagh played as a pretty much full time sweeper. Maybe he needed the game but looked sluggish.
Tyrone are still stuck for a top class corner back and corner forward.
Peter Harte is an exceptional footballer. The criticism he receives is ridiculous.
Unless they improve dramatically as a team there won't be any super 8's this year

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Localexpert on June 24, 2019, 06:55:40 PM
Did one of the high profile players go on holiday instead of going and supporting his teammates over the weekend?

That's a ridiculous complaint about a player that has been given a lot to Tyrone for 6/7 years. If the management team where ok with it he was well entitled to get a break when he wasn't available for the game. I know of it happening in recent years with an east Tyrone player and there wasn't a word of it on here. I actually cant believe someone would complain about this.

Localexpert

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 25, 2019, 08:10:41 AM

That's a ridiculous complaint about a player that has been given a lot to Tyrone for 6/7 years. If the management team where ok with it he was well entitled to get a break when he wasn't available for the game. I know of it happening in recent years with an east Tyrone player and there wasn't a word of it on here. I actually cant believe someone would complain about this.

Where or when did I complain Terry?

nrico2006

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 25, 2019, 08:10:41 AM

Nothing against him going at all, but Harte seems to have one rule for certain players and another rule for others.  A certain Tyrone forward had booked a trip to the Champions League final as he is a Spurs fan, everything paid for etc but MH told him he couldn't go even though he was only going to miss one training session.  Unbelievable.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Redhand Santa

I'm not sure it's a like for like scenario. McCann is injured and suspended so can't train or play. Was the champions league final not a week before an ulster semi final and the player in question likely to be involved in the game?

I'm not saying he was right not to let a player go in such a one off scenario but it is a dangerous precedent to allow players to be missing training in the middle of the championship for trips away. You will have other players looking to go on brothers/friends stag do's etc if you start it.