Author Topic: Tyrone County Football and Hurling  (Read 1437502 times)

The Trap

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Reply #9810 on: June 10, 2019, 02:11:45 PM »
If Brian McGuigan is correct that would be great. Only way to get change is if there is a player revolt.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #9811 on: June 10, 2019, 02:12:57 PM »
I'd love 4-5 Kieran McGeary's on that team There was one instance in the second half, game was over and Donegal had another break up field, ball came to Paddy McBrearty. McGeary was behind 2-3 other Tyrone players who were jogging back and he sprinted as hard as he could to make up ground. Didn't get the block in but he gave it a good shout. Attitude is so important.

Attitude had a massive bearing on it. Donegal were so much more hungry than us for every ball.

McGeary and McShane seemed to be the only two hungry for the battle.

Hereiam

• View Profile
« Reply #9812 on: June 10, 2019, 02:21:25 PM »
Biggest sign that somethings is not right in the camp is young Rafferty getting a start. Unless he was showing some unreal skills at training and justified a run out i can only think there was a bit of of a player revoult and Harte being Harte was showing lads that he is the boss.

bigtogs

• View Profile
« Reply #9813 on: June 10, 2019, 02:32:53 PM »
Serious Rumours floating about already....Hope panel sticks together for the immediate future at least!! Has the team holiday caused more problems than we care to admit?????????

GaaFanatic123

• View Profile
« Reply #9814 on: June 10, 2019, 02:38:10 PM »
Serious Rumours floating about already....Hope panel sticks together for the immediate future at least!! Has the team holiday caused more problems than we care to admit?????????

Whats the rumours?

bigtogs

• View Profile
« Reply #9815 on: June 10, 2019, 02:40:52 PM »

Whats the rumours?

2/3 players have left the panel i hope not!!!

clarshack

• View Profile
« Reply #9816 on: June 10, 2019, 02:43:45 PM »

Whats the rumours?

Who?

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #9817 on: June 10, 2019, 02:46:00 PM »
Biggest sign that somethings is not right in the camp is young Rafferty getting a start. Unless he was showing some unreal skills at training and justified a run out i can only think there was a bit of of a player revoult and Harte being Harte was showing lads that he is the boss.

He's a really good player, however expected him to go down the path at Tyrone that he'll sit for a year doing nothing before getting a game. Was really surprised to see him take the field.

bigtogs

• View Profile
« Reply #9818 on: June 10, 2019, 02:47:10 PM »

Whats the rumours?

Who?

Grugan i heard....

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #9819 on: June 10, 2019, 03:01:54 PM »
I had heard on Saturday before game that harte had unexpectedly told everyone that there was no pints or socializing after game. Back to westenra for food, team meeting then every man home.

Hereiam

• View Profile
« Reply #9820 on: June 10, 2019, 03:23:09 PM »

He's a really good player, however expected him to go down the path at Tyrone that he'll sit for a year doing nothing before getting a game. Was really surprised to see him take the field.

Not gettin at the lad but he has never been mentioned before as a starter, no run out in the league or McKenna cup so how does he start ahead of other seasoned players.

bigpackiechestout

• View Profile
« Reply #9821 on: June 10, 2019, 03:40:04 PM »

Not gettin at the lad but he has never been mentioned before as a starter, no run out in the league or McKenna cup so how does he start ahead of other seasoned players.

He started v Kerry and Monaghan in the League and played 3 or 4 McKenna Cup games. He also got a couple of minutes at the end of the Derry championship game. He was brought in to do a specific man-marking job on Ryan McHugh, I don't think he had a great game but he was far from the worst on show. McHugh was quiet enough in the first half while Rafferty was on the pitch, and he made a good run for Harte's goal chance when McShane fisted it across the goal.

I've no issue with him starting, sometimes these gambles work and sometimes they don't. Although it was the wrong call to drop Michael Cassidy in favour of him

GlenMan

• View Profile
« Reply #9822 on: June 10, 2019, 04:12:34 PM »

He started v Kerry and Monaghan in the League and played 3 or 4 McKenna Cup games. He also got a couple of minutes at the end of the Derry championship game. He was brought in to do a specific man-marking job on Ryan McHugh, I don't think he had a great game but he was far from the worst on show. McHugh was quiet enough in the first half while Rafferty was on the pitch, and he made a good run for Harte's goal chance when McShane fisted it across the goal.

I've no issue with him starting, sometimes these gambles work and sometimes they don't. Although it was the wrong call to drop Michael Cassidy in favour of him

They didn't drop Cassidy for him. Rafferty replaced Skeet.

clarshack

• View Profile
« Reply #9823 on: June 10, 2019, 04:37:00 PM »

It was a crazy decision to drop Cassidy anyway. he has been one of the finds of the season.

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #9824 on: June 10, 2019, 04:44:32 PM »

It was a crazy decision to drop Cassidy anyway. he has been one of the finds of the season.

A decision that had all the hallmark of the early onset of Alzheimers. The man's clearly away with the fairies.