Author Topic: Tyrone County Football and Hurling  (Read 1161918 times)

southtyronegael

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Reply #8685 on: September 10, 2018, 09:57:46 PM »
jim bob. I have no intention of pm-ing you so you can guess away at the name. looks like your outside the loop on this one. and yeah im trying hard to be more like mickey and uphold my Christian values on forgiveness.  ;)

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #8686 on: September 10, 2018, 11:24:04 PM »
It really is a new breed of weasel who tries to garner internet friends by sending around defamatory private messages about players from the county he supposedly supports. WTF is wrong with people? At the minute these rumours are nothing only just that. The Wylies are big boys and can dish it out and take it. If something really bad was said I'm sure the Wylies themselves are big enough to deal with it in any way they see fit and I'm pretty sure they'd want no part in a pathetic whispering campaign by a bunch of internet crusaders. It's made all the more depressing when it's Tyrone lads doing the whispering against one of their own.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 11:25:54 PM by BennyHarp »
That was never a square ball!!

Fionntamhnach

• "Load up on drugs, kill your friends..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8687 on: September 10, 2018, 11:39:19 PM »
It really is a new breed of weasel who tries to garner internet friends by sending around defamatory private messages about players from the county he supposedly supports. WTF is wrong with people? At the minute these rumours are nothing only just that. The Wylies are big boys and can dish it out and take it. If something really bad was said I'm sure the Wylies themselves are big enough to deal with it in any way they see fit and I'm pretty sure they'd want no part in a pathetic whispering campaign by a bunch of internet crusaders. It's made all the more depressing when it's Tyrone lads doing the whispering against one of their own.
If the Wylie's were dark skinned and were being subjected to racist abuse instead, would it be ok to simply brush it off as "big boys (that) can dish it out and take it"? I'd doubt it.

Sledging happens in lots of games, and it will never go away. However there are some lines that should not be crossed and I'd include in that sectarianism, racism and exploiting personal tragedies (for example the recent death of a close family member or friend). Anyone engaging in shite like that is a sc**bag and deserves to be called out on it.
Putting internet gobshítes in their place since 1999

Therealdonald

• View Profile
« Reply #8688 on: September 10, 2018, 11:56:51 PM »
If the Wylie's were dark skinned and were being subjected to racist abuse instead, would it be ok to simply brush it off as "big boys (that) can dish it out and take it"? I'd doubt it.

Sledging happens in lots of games, and it will never go away. However there are some lines that should not be crossed and I'd include in that sectarianism, racism and exploiting personal tragedies (for example the recent death of a close family member or friend). Anyone engaging in shite like that is a sc**bag and deserves to be called out on it.

I'm not so sure. Deaths are definitely a no-go. Anything else but is fair game.

Fionntamhnach

• "Load up on drugs, kill your friends..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8689 on: September 11, 2018, 12:18:06 AM »
OK, so if in the near future Tyrone are playing Derry with Callum Brown lining out for them, and during the game a Tyrone player comes up to him at tells him to "get your coon nigger arse back to Africa", is that fair game?
Putting internet gobshítes in their place since 1999

Therealdonald

• View Profile
« Reply #8690 on: September 11, 2018, 12:41:47 AM »
OK, so if in the near future Tyrone are playing Derry with Callum Brown lining out for them, and during the game a Tyrone player comes up to him at tells him to "get your coon nigger arse back to Africa", is that fair game?

Whoa, put your eyeballs back in. Didn't see where you specifically mentioned racism, but no it wouldn't be acceptable.

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #8691 on: September 11, 2018, 06:20:42 AM »

Ah right, so the way we deal with things in this county is, before any shred of evidence that the incident actually occurred, we start a whispering campaign on an online forum where, a fairly dubious, (to say the least) anonymous poster private messages everyone the name of a person so we can all sit in judgement. F**king wise up Fionntamhach, I thought you had more sense. IF this ever comes to light and he is proven guilty then we can take action, but until then I’ll leave my pitchfork in the shed and won’t be joining the vigilante group led by Southtyronegael.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 06:22:37 AM by BennyHarp »

Localexpert

• View Profile
« Reply #8692 on: September 11, 2018, 07:23:59 AM »

Wow that escalated quickly.  Like the scene out of sacha baron Cohen's recent show who is America.

GaaFanatic123

• View Profile
« Reply #8693 on: September 11, 2018, 08:12:44 AM »

f**k off Bennyharp, there's no room for Sectarian abuse in our national sport! Catch yourself on!!

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #8694 on: September 11, 2018, 08:37:41 AM »

f**k off Bennyharp, there's no room for Sectarian abuse in our national sport! Catch yourself on!!

And you know for sure it definitely happened? Where did I say sectarian abuse was ok? My point was, if and when it comes out we can comment then - I'm sure the Wylies are big enough to decide if it was an issue that needs to be made public. Forgive me for being old school here, but i'll wait until the actual facts are available before condemning people rather than through a private messaging campaign started via a faceless internet troll.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 09:11:56 AM by BennyHarp »

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #8695 on: September 11, 2018, 09:35:23 AM »
I spend a bit of time around Monaghan, and had heard the rumours after the game. Last weekend I was chatting to one of the Monaghan players who I've known a long time and trust. So I asked him and he told me and I believe him. The Wylie brothers are quiet, private lads so I doubt they will ever make it public. Which will be convenient for bennyharp and his like to brush it under the carpet and blame it on 'faceless internet trolls' starting rumours.

GaaFanatic123

• View Profile
« Reply #8696 on: September 11, 2018, 09:36:58 AM »

Im not sayin weather it was done or not, you are hypa

And you know for sure it definitely happened? Where did I say sectarian abuse was ok? My point was, if and when it comes out we can comment then - I'm sure the Wylies are big enough to decide if it was an issue that needs to be made public. Forgive me for being old school here, but i'll wait until the actual facts are available before condemning people rather than through a private messaging campaign started via a faceless internet troll.

Im not arguing if it was said or not, this isnt my point, but you said they are "big boys and can dish it out and take it" 
Weather or not you can take it isnt the point, its the fact its brought into the game and its biggoted behavior and sooner or later (and has been the case before) someone wont take the sectarian abuse and will just quit the sport for another, weather you can take it or not, it just should never be said...

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #8697 on: September 11, 2018, 09:58:13 AM »

Im not sayin weather it was done or not, you are hypa

Im not arguing if it was said or not, this isnt my point, but you said they are "big boys and can dish it out and take it" 
Weather or not you can take it isnt the point, its the fact its brought into the game and its biggoted behavior and sooner or later (and has been the case before) someone wont take the sectarian abuse and will just quit the sport for another, weather you can take it or not, it just should never be said...

I said they can dish it out and take it (which I mean in general) but "If something really bad (like any form of sectarian abuse or racial abuse) was said I'm sure the Wylie's themselves are big enough to deal with it in any way they see fit"

At the minute - we have the word of someone who has a reputation for being quite personal and controversial in his comments about certain issues with regards the county set up. These sort of rumours end up getting picked up on other threads and by lazy journalists and before you know it its a complete witch hunt and a further stick to beat the team by. If you wish to join him in this vigilante group against one of our own players before any evidence is put forward (bar...one fairly dubious source.) then crack on. But don't try to deflect things on to me by suggesting I think sectarian abuse is ok because God knows we've all faced it enough ourselves over the years to know its not.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 04:20:21 PM by BennyHarp »

Thebigdog

• View Profile
« Reply #8698 on: September 11, 2018, 10:17:13 AM »
Just reading Sean Cavanagh s account of onfield 'sledging' towards him. Truly disgusting especially that Cavan tr**p in 05. I've no doubt in my mind it was Cavan manager of the time Martin McElkennon put him up to it. Just goes to show the standard of coach he is. Remember him taking a session with our club and thinking this will be good to learn a new way of playing. Instead it was 'lads to have a good chance of winning go up to the referee before the game and ask how was him and his family keeping?' I tell ye Jim Gavin has it too easy.

Snapchap

• View Profile
« Reply #8699 on: September 11, 2018, 10:45:25 AM »
Southtyronegael/thebigdog blackening a Tyrone players name online over allegations that the player taunted Drew Wylie over his religion. This is the same poster who taunts Mickey Harte over his religion on an almost daily basis.

Go away back under your rock, Brian.