Author Topic: Tyrone County Football and Hurling  (Read 392359 times)

Tyrone Gaa

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Reply #2715 on: January 08, 2017, 06:15:59 PM »
Just back from Cavan, we were 2nd best all over the park. The new boys were given the opportunity and looked poor. We look to have picked up 2 possible long term injuries with R.Brennan and McAilskey. A poor red card both stupidity and poor refereeing combined. Our inside forward line was appalling pity Mark Bradley is with UUJ. Morgan again didn't cover himself in glory. McCullagh won't make the cut.

If I was looking hard to find any positives it is that it's only January and our 1st game out. We still can call on the Cavanaghs, McCarron and McNamee.  T.McCann a was out best player on show today, McClure worked hard but shots were awful either dropping short or wide, but still worth another shot.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 06:17:52 PM by Tyrone Gaa »
Living the dream!!!

Mikhailov

• View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: January 08, 2017, 06:54:15 PM »
McAliskey badly injured - possible cruciate I hear.

Unfortunate if true, good player who will be missed by county but more importantly clonoe!

HalfBack7

• View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: January 08, 2017, 07:48:49 PM »
I don't know what was worse today.
Tyrone's performance or the clueless referee trying to apply the new mark rule.

vallankumous

• View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: January 08, 2017, 07:59:18 PM »
If mchugh from aygharn not a free taker.we could nearly carry a player if it meant we had an accurate free taker on from the right. Anybody see him play.

Mark Bradley

Fuzzman

• Aughabrack (Tyrone Not Cork)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: January 08, 2017, 09:04:52 PM »
What happened Rory Brennan?

omagh_gael

• '03, '05 + '08...not bad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: January 08, 2017, 09:12:55 PM »
I wasn't at the game but listening to teamtalk it appeared that they tried something different from long range frees i.e. free taker goes short and receives return at a better angle/distance. Don't recall it working though!

According to Teamtalk stats there were 13/14 shots dropped into keeper. Ridiculous at that level, really. Doesn't look to be any options to be added on today's showing.
2011 National League Spreads Champion

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: January 08, 2017, 09:48:30 PM »
im not on here to gloat but i did say mc gleenan was the man for the tyrone job. the result wont matter a jot come august but injuries this early in year to established players like mc aliskey are avoidable.

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: January 08, 2017, 09:53:21 PM »
im not on here to gloat but i did say mc gleenan was the man for the tyrone job. the result wont matter a jot come august but injuries this early in year to established players like mc aliskey are avoidable.

I'd be fairly confident that Tyrone will still be standing long after Mattie has packed away the cones for the year.
That was never a square ball!!

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: January 08, 2017, 10:01:12 PM »
ur prob right but i think the cavan people will be happier in themselves at the end of the year than we will be.

randomusername

• View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: January 08, 2017, 10:05:05 PM »
Jesus Christ did Mickey Harte run over your dog? It's bloody tedious

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: January 08, 2017, 10:13:32 PM »
its bloody tedious watchin tyrone at the minute.

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: January 08, 2017, 10:22:21 PM »
ur prob right but i think the cavan people will be happier in themselves at the end of the year than we will be.

;D

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: January 08, 2017, 10:24:13 PM »
dont know what the smiley face is about benny but if u really gave a f**k about tyrone u wouldnt have much to smile about.

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: January 08, 2017, 10:32:18 PM »
dont know what the smiley face is about benny but if u really gave a f**k about tyrone u wouldnt have much to smile about.

I'm just happy enough in myself to be honest and won't be losing my shit over a loss in the McKenna Cup in January. Tyrone get stick on here for winning McKenna Cups then get stick for losing a game in it. I tend to keep things on a more even keel. Believe it or not, not everyone agrees with your apolyptic view of Tyrone football under Mickey Harte. He's kept us competitive during a time of huge player turn over. Look at Armagh, Down, Meath, Galway, Cork, Derry and tell me that their chopping and changing of managers is a better strategy than we have employed in Tyrone. I think Tyrone have made progress in the past few years and think we aren't far away from a return to Croke Park in September, you clearly don't. That's why I'm a little more calm than you tonight.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 11:33:50 PM by BennyHarp »

Club boi

• View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: January 08, 2017, 10:49:34 PM »
There's some time between January 8th-3rd Week in September. Player Burnout and Managers "Common Sense" should prevail -

How many of the big teams played any 1st teamers today??

Donegal played their U-21. Mayo had 10 Debutants as their All Ireland team is on Holidays in SA. Dublin had a Full reserve team out. Kerry had 1 player from their Munster Final

Tyrone started with 9 Established Players and a Further 5 on the Bench

Madness