Author Topic: Tyrone County Football and Hurling  (Read 2170473 times)

Angelo

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Reply #13350 on: January 13, 2021, 08:09:39 PM »
PAUL Devlin has been reinstalled as Tyrone manager on a new three-year term.

His three-year term came to an end following their All-Ireland semi-final defeat to Dublin prior to Christmas, but it was widely expected that he would be handed an extension after guiding the Tyrone U20s to back-to-back Ulster titles.

Commenting on his reappointment, he said: “I am blessed to have the support from home and within the team, from players to the entire backroom group. I am very lucky to have a special group of individuals supporting me and helping out in a variety of ways.

“My main goal is the honest development of players as individuals and as players for club and county. If silverware comes along the way that will be good and a bonus to us all.”

I know we have won the last two Ulster titles but I think Devlin has underachieved with those sides in the last few seasons, we have had some outstanding forward talent there.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Goals_Will_Come

• View Profile
« Reply #13351 on: January 13, 2021, 10:16:40 PM »

His three-year term came to an end following their All-Ireland semi-final defeat to Dublin prior to Christmas, but it was widely expected that he would be handed an extension after guiding the Tyrone U20s to back-to-back Ulster titles.

Commenting on his reappointment, he said: “I am blessed to have the support from home and within the team, from players to the entire backroom group. I am very lucky to have a special group of individuals supporting me and helping out in a variety of ways.

“My main goal is the honest development of players as individuals and as players for club and county. If silverware comes along the way that will be good and a bonus to us all.”

I know we have won the last two Ulster titles but I think Devlin has underachieved with those sides in the last few seasons, we have had some outstanding forward talent there.
100% agree. There was atleast an All Ireland appearence in those teams.
Anyone else in for it I wonder? Next few teams coming through wouldn't have the same potential based on their U17 performances.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #13352 on: January 14, 2021, 10:14:48 AM »

100% agree. There was atleast an All Ireland appearence in those teams.
Anyone else in for it I wonder? Next few teams coming through wouldn't have the same potential based on their U17 performances.

The U17s really should have beaten Kerry last year (2019 Championship) in the quarters, a host of goal chances missed in the first half and a red card ended up costing them.

Mark Devlin (any relation to Paul?) looked to be the star of that team, centre forward and looked a class act. Young McGleenan at midfield also looks like he has serious potential - was surprised neither were involved at u20 level this year. I think we should give Ulster a good rattle but probably don't have as good a team for competing outside as we had in the past two seasons.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #13353 on: January 21, 2021, 01:19:19 PM »

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #13354 on: January 21, 2021, 01:34:52 PM »
What’s the thoughts on this?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40211579.html

None, he's finished and was finished for about 4 years before that.

Redhand Santa

• View Profile
« Reply #13355 on: January 21, 2021, 01:51:23 PM »

He won 2 all stars in the last 4 years?

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #13356 on: January 21, 2021, 01:56:06 PM »
Maybe so, but was shown to be targeted in every big game over those years with his lack of mobility. It's time to look forward.

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #13357 on: January 21, 2021, 03:18:27 PM »
Might be truth in that rumour as to why Colm quit. Tyrone were conspicuous in not marking the retirement of Colm. I believe this was under the direction of Harte.... If Colm returns what does this say about Harte's tenure?

clarshack

• View Profile
« Reply #13358 on: January 21, 2021, 03:58:33 PM »
I think he would be a good addition for a season or two under the new management.

Mikhailov

• View Profile
« Reply #13359 on: January 21, 2021, 04:39:26 PM »
Might be truth in that rumour as to why Colm quit. Tyrone were conspicuous in not marking the retirement of Colm. I believe this was under the direction of Harte.... If Colm returns what does this say about Harte's tenure?

This adds more fuel to the fire regarding the rumour. Not a word from Harte to thank CC on his retirement after all the service he had given Tyrone.
If Colm had been playing against Donegal, I doubt Mogan would have scored that goal in the first half - he wouldn’t have got up the middle unopposed selling dummies to our 3 of our defenders for fun FFS

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #13360 on: January 21, 2021, 08:33:40 PM »
Donegal did the same last year when cavanagh was playing so not sure about that one now!

BIGONE

• View Profile
« Reply #13361 on: January 22, 2021, 08:49:48 AM »
what rumour?

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #13362 on: January 22, 2021, 09:27:14 AM »
what rumour?

Colm allegedly led the anti Harte player movement. Looking back now he's gone.

Keyboard Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #13363 on: January 22, 2021, 09:47:40 AM »

He won 2 all stars in the last 4 years?

Don't let that fact get in the way of anything  ::)

referee

• View Profile
« Reply #13364 on: January 22, 2021, 10:36:40 AM »
Typical cavanagh,just like big bro,wanting to get in the headlines,no loyalty,if you had these feelings then just f**k off and get a job on rte with Teddy junior,waldorf and statler