Author Topic: Tyrone County Football and Hurling  (Read 2005028 times)

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Reply #12345 on: October 16, 2020, 10:13:58 AM »
Cavanagh would be better keeping quiet. Makes a mockery of himself, ruins what was an exceptional footballing career.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #12346 on: October 16, 2020, 10:17:18 AM »
As a matter of interest how do wee us lining out for Donegal in Championship?

I would say if we have all fit and available, bar McShane.

1. Morgan
2. Rafferty
3. McNamee
4. Brennan

5. McCann
6. Hampsey
7. Burns
8. R Donnelly
9. Kennedy
10. Mattie
11. Sludden

12. McKenna
13. McCurry
14. Harte

15. McGeary

The players in bold I would say are guaranteed starters if fit and available given their standing/league form.

I'd throw McKenna straigh back in for Championship, the more football he plays at this point the better. I don't think anyone is overly invested in this year, it's probably more of a bridge to next season.

God14

• it aint over til its over
    • View Profile
« Reply #12347 on: October 16, 2020, 10:22:47 AM »
Potentially a brilliant weekend of football ahead, but the county boards etc haven't done much to promote the games. Still no team or squad news

Reality is as there is no gate money they ain't bothered.

Normally it's nice to come in under the radar, but I think on this occasion whoever wins the league match will also be victorious in the championship in a fortnight's time

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #12348 on: October 16, 2020, 10:24:40 AM »
Probably wouldn’t be far away with that lineup. I would love to see Bradley get a spot but it’s probably between him and McCurry. Richie Donnelly looked injured during trillicks run. He was more or less on one leg in the semi final. Hampsey I thought was poor in Coalislands run and there may be fitness issues there but would still be expecting him to be a starter. Not sure if he’d be able for Murphy though?

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #12349 on: October 16, 2020, 10:26:29 AM »
Potentially a brilliant weekend of football ahead, but the county boards etc haven't done much to promote the games. Still no team or squad news

I'd also imagine that Covid could drastically alter a teamsheet if someone felt unwell shortly before a game.

There has been very little word on movement in the big senior squads. Considering our u20s added 7 new players I find it surprising we might only have McKenna back particularly off the back of a club championship where there were a lot of impressive performers currently outside the county panel.

Donegal have been involved in a number of challenge matches of late so I'd say they will be that bit sharper.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #12350 on: October 16, 2020, 10:30:23 AM »
Probably wouldn’t be far away with that lineup. I would love to see Bradley get a spot but it’s probably between him and McCurry. Richie Donnelly looked injured during trillicks run. He was more or less on one leg in the semi final. Hampsey I thought was poor in Coalislands run and there may be fitness issues there but would still be expecting him to be a starter. Not sure if he’d be able for Murphy though?

Hampsey's form is a worry, he hasn't been right since 2018 but we really the kind of phsyical presence he brings to our defence without him there. Thought R Donnelly had a good semi final after departing with an injury against Killyclogher. Unfortunately it's either Bradley or McCurry for me and I think McCurry brings that bit extra scoring power.

Ideally I'd like to see us have a target man in that full forward line but Harte will have to do. Could potentially try someone like C McCann in there for one of the league games and see how he goes.

I'm probably more looking forward to the u20 game this weekend, I think we have some real quality in that forward line and it's great Canavan is going to be available.

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #12351 on: October 16, 2020, 10:36:21 AM »

Hampsey's form is a worry, he hasn't been right since 2018 but we really the kind of phsyical presence he brings to our defence without him there. Thought R Donnelly had a good semi final after departing with an injury against Killyclogher. Unfortunately it's either Bradley or McCurry for me and I think McCurry brings that bit extra scoring power.

Ideally I'd like to see us have a target man in that full forward line but Harte will have to do. Could potentially try someone like C McCann in there for one of the league games and see how he goes.

I'm probably more looking forward to the u20 game this weekend, I think we have some real quality in that forward line and it's great Canavan is going to be available.

I'd have both start on any Tyrone team long before Niall Sludden.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #12352 on: October 16, 2020, 10:38:55 AM »

I'd have both start on any Tyrone team long before Niall Sludden.

There's a valid point there too.

Bradley played his best football for Tyrone at 11 in our run in 2015.

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #12353 on: October 16, 2020, 11:10:53 AM »
I’m a fan of Bradley and would have the two of them starting. I was more thinking of what Mickey Harte is likely to do. I liked Bradley at 11 in 2015 played very well that year.

tiempo

• View Profile
« Reply #12354 on: October 16, 2020, 12:38:56 PM »
Sean Cavanagh having a whinge in the Irish independent today about Colm not getting a public thank you from the county board. Is that a thing they do? Not sure what they were expecting?

Jebus would he ever wind the neck in. Maybe they should reconvene the 2008 county board to make an official statement? Like the officers don't have enough to be at any time, or at the present time. Fully expect individual and collective statements from the Tyrone players in future when longstanding county board members finish in role. The man needs a reality check, the players would be nothing without the administrators and vice versa.

inroundthesquare

• View Profile
« Reply #12355 on: October 16, 2020, 07:27:31 PM »
Colm hasn't exactly been praising Harte in recent interviews (not that he has to, I'm sure they spoke on the phone after the retirement decision) but I'm sure he is embarrassed in a way at Big Sean using his name for publicity again. 

Agree with Angelo, looking forward to the under 20s more so than the Seniors, deserve to see that Championship read up at least - would be great to beat the Dubs

Mark Bradley bound to be near a starting place after his performances for club particularly vs Trillick

clarshack

• View Profile
« Reply #12356 on: October 16, 2020, 08:47:20 PM »
Was Paul Donaghy called up?

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #12357 on: October 17, 2020, 04:57:45 PM »
U20s ran out of gas earlier.

Dublin looked much fitter and more physically developed.

Their backs were able to bomb forward at will and had our forwards trailing in their wake as they ran it out from the back.

Think the real difference was between the two teams approaches to each others kick outs. Every time Dublin had a kick out they were able to get it started off nice and short with little pressure from the Tyrone forwards. In contrast the Tyrone keeper was forced to hit it long pretty much every time as Dublin pushed up really aggressively on the kickouts. That may boil back to fitness though as to keep that type of press up for an entire game takes great energy.

Think we had a lot more quality in our forwards than Dublin. Quinn, Canavan and Jordan have great quality that will hopefully transfer to the seniors in the coming years. Both Quinn and Canavan really dropped out of the game in the second half though. Fox was also a big loss in the defence.

Probably the second year in a row we have left an AI SF behind us at this level though.

ONeill

• Shoving Connie Around The Room
    • View Profile
« Reply #12358 on: October 17, 2020, 06:23:46 PM »
That was some roaring the Dubs did on every Tyrone kick out in the second half.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #12359 on: October 17, 2020, 06:37:30 PM »