Author Topic: Tyrone County Football and Hurling  (Read 1478472 times)

southtyronegael

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Reply #10095 on: July 08, 2019, 08:30:43 PM »
I see the tyrone boys celebrated their win with a wee singalong on the bus home!!!

Saw that myself.  I'd imagine it wasnt joe doyle who captured it because his camera is alot better so the question is who was the idiot who recorded it and then sent it on. 

Be interesting to see if the media get their hands on it because there will the customary outrage from our orange brethren.

Id say the ‘cameraman’ is a popular boy today !!!
The arsehole deserves beaten to a pulp.
it all over BBC news.

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #10096 on: July 08, 2019, 08:35:39 PM »
Whatever possessed him to record and share that on social media. Can only put it down to being young and naive.

Jayop

• View Profile
« Reply #10097 on: July 08, 2019, 08:36:21 PM »

We didn't avoid Mayo or Kerry last year because of a lucky draw. We avoided them because they were both very poor last year. Mayo lost to Galway and Kildare and Kerry were very very poor against both Galway and Monaghan. Beating Donegal in Ballybofey was much tougher than taking on either of them last year in croke park based on their performances. That's not to say they won't/haven't improved a bit this year but time will tell how far they go.

This is true and I feel we would have beaten either last year but like was said, until we finally do beat one of those three we won't know. Donegal have been a bit ahead of us this decade but this last game apart we seem to have their measure but that's a derby game and a bit different.

What's both annoying and can be looked at as a positive is that it's a long time since we've gone out of the championship to anyone other than the winner of the beaten finalist.

2018 - Dubs - final - winner
2017 - Dubs - semi - winner
2016 - Mayo - quarter - finalist
2015 - Kerry - semi - finalist
2014 - Armagh - Qualifier
2013 - Kerry - semi - finalist
2012 - Kerry - qualifier
2011 - Dubs - quarter - winner
2010 - Dubs - quarter
2009 - Cork - semi - finalist

So in the last ten years we've only been beaten three times by someone that wasn't in the final, and only once by a team outside of the usual top 3. Unfortunately you have to go back to 2008 to find the last championship wins against Dublin, Kerry or Mayo and funny that year we beat all three of them.

Losing to Armagh was the only really bad defeat in that ten years and a fair few of them games that we lost I felt we were robbed in.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 08:37:53 PM by Jayop »

Cactus Wagon

• View Profile
« Reply #10098 on: July 08, 2019, 08:41:39 PM »
Whilst they did a great version of the tune, Alan Partridge, did a much better version, live on the bbc! I think Mickey and the team would agree!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPteP8dZFkI

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #10099 on: July 08, 2019, 08:45:14 PM »
Whatever possessed him to record and share that on social media. Can only put it down to being young and naive.
If they’re willing to do it, no point complaining about people knowing about it.

Don’t see a major issue myself.

phpearse

• View Profile
« Reply #10100 on: July 08, 2019, 09:59:55 PM »

LeoMc

• View Profile
« Reply #10101 on: July 08, 2019, 10:16:30 PM »
If they’re willing to do it, no point complaining about people knowing about it.

Don’t see a major issue myself.
I would have an issue with someone in the panel who could not be trusted to maintain the team bond. Be interesting to see if 1 of the Aghayaran boys is “injured” and not togged out next week.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #10102 on: July 08, 2019, 10:21:29 PM »
Mountain out of a molehill.

I doubt anybody really cares, we all know what the orange marches represent. Harte will come and condemn it publicly due to political pressure but I'd say there will just be a bit of a lecture about being careful with social media and no more.

Jayop

• View Profile
« Reply #10103 on: July 08, 2019, 10:28:00 PM »
f**k them. A few young lads on a bus singing a song that everyone has sang at some stage in their life. The only people that will give a f**k will the the BelTel trying to make a fuss over it and I'm sure a few Unionist mouthpieces will get on BBC radio to have a cry. The c***ts are putting people out of their homes with these stupid cunting bonfires all week and will close the place down for their hatefest.

under the bar

• View Profile
« Reply #10104 on: July 08, 2019, 10:44:52 PM »
f**k them. A few young lads on a bus singing a song that everyone has sang at some stage in their life. The only people that will give a f**k will the the BelTel trying to make a fuss over it and I'm sure a few Unionist mouthpieces will get on BBC radio to have a cry. The c***ts are putting people out of their homes with these stupid cunting bonfires all week and will close the place down for their hatefest.

100% agree with you in that no one with a brain should be offended. A bit of craic.  But... we’ve just about reached the point that kids can walk into the likes of Lisburn and Ballymena in a GAA top without the expectation  to get verbally abused or worse.  Videos like this just refuel the hatred and some will say it justifies the abusers.  That’s why the air-head who took this and shared it deserves a damn good slap!  Send him my way and I’ll give him a lecture instead of the slap I felt like giving him when I saw it!! >:(
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 10:46:57 PM by under the bar »

redhandefender

• View Profile
« Reply #10105 on: July 09, 2019, 12:02:31 AM »
I would say it will end making tyrone more popular in the south. These idiots time these marches every tyrone to cause most disruption and they love it. Most of them not from the mixed towns they are marching through. Im.not bothered in the slightest

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #10106 on: July 09, 2019, 09:02:59 AM »
Don’t burn your mouth on the soup there lads.  ;)

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #10107 on: July 09, 2019, 09:16:49 AM »
I'd be pretty confident that the songs being played by the marching bands on the open streets, for all sides of the community to hear, where every bit as offensive as the songs the Tyrone lads were singing in the enclosed bus amongst themselves. The issue for me is the idiot who thought it was a good idea to share it on social media.
That was never a square ball!!

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #10108 on: July 09, 2019, 09:32:37 AM »
I'd be pretty confident that the songs being played by the marching bands on the open streets, for all sides of the community to hear, where every bit as offensive as the songs the Tyrone lads were singing in the enclosed bus amongst themselves. The issue for me is the idiot who thought it was a good idea to share it on social media.
the song itself is not sectarian or offensive in my opinion. But why stoop to their level by singing it when a parade is on? We need to be above that. Must be some goons on the Tyrone panel with some of the shit we hear about them. Let's hope a gaa club in Tyrone doesn't get burned to the ground in the next week because of this stupidity.

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #10109 on: July 09, 2019, 10:09:58 AM »
the song itself is not sectarian or offensive in my opinion. But why stoop to their level by singing it when a parade is on? We need to be above that. Must be some goons on the Tyrone panel with some of the shit we hear about them. Let's hope a gaa club in Tyrone doesn't get burned to the ground in the next week because of this stupidity.

Agree with everything here.