British and Irish Lions Tour 2013

Started by CorkMan, April 28, 2013, 07:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OakleafCounty

I feel a bit sorry for Rory Best. Though he didn't have a good season he's still better than sc**bag Hartley.

I like the hype of the Lions tours but find it hard to support them. I can't stand the Scottish, English and Welsh rugby teams so it's not easy to suddenly join into a love in every four years.

screenexile

Quote from: OakleafCounty on May 01, 2013, 03:16:00 PM
I feel a bit sorry for Rory Best. Though he didn't have a good season he's still better than sc**bag Hartley.

I like the hype of the Lions tours but find it hard to support them. I can't stand the Scottish, English and Welsh rugby teams so it's not easy to suddenly join into a love in every four years.

Why do you hate the Scottish and Welsh?

OakleafCounty

Did my undergrad in Wales. They love their rugby but their bias is unreal. On the Scrum V programme all they talk about was how great they are. At that time Ireland were beating them regularly and it was like the Irish upstarts had a nerve to compete with the Welsh kings.

Did my postgrad in Scotland. Rugby there is played by upper class snobby twats who are born with a silver spoon and look down on everyone else.

Quote from: screenexile on May 01, 2013, 03:19:12 PM

deiseach

If you've been following the Six Nations for any length of time and don't hate the Jocks and the Taffs, you haven't been doing it right. Hating them doesn't mean you can't hate the English more.

OakleafCounty

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 30, 2013, 11:40:56 AM
From a selfish Munster point of view I'm glad Zebo didn't make it. Munster need to hit the ground running next year again and with O'Gara calling time they need people like Zebo, O'Mahoney, O'Donnell, Ryan, Murray, Earls, Jones, Kilcoyne, to be fresh and rested. A tough tour down in Australia is not going to be conducive to getting the likes of O'Connell a long run of games next year.

Is Offaly not in Leinster?  ???

trileacman

Quote from: deiseach on May 01, 2013, 03:26:51 PM

If you've been following the Six Nations for any length of time and don't hate the Jocks and the Taffs, you haven't been doing it right. Hating them doesn't mean you can't hate the English more.

I hate the Welsh more than I hate the English, but I don't get this dislike for the Scots. Fellow Celts, great anthem, take a good beating, hate the English, what's not to love?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

deiseach

Quote from: OakleafCounty on May 01, 2013, 03:26:29 PM
Did my postgrad in Scotland. Rugby there is played by upper class snobby t**ts who are born with a silver spoon and look down on everyone else.

Scottish rugby fans are the type who think the Highland clearances were a good thing.

deiseach

Quote from: trileacman on May 01, 2013, 03:28:56 PM
I hate the Welsh more than I hate the English, but I don't get this dislike for the Scots. Fellow Celts, great anthem, take a good beating, hate the English, what's not to love?

Well, my formative rugby years were spent watching the likes of Roy Laidlaw, Finlay Calder, John Jeffrey and Doddie Weir stinking the place out with their pinch-the-lace-from-the-ball style of rugby, and that's even before you consider the plummy tones of 'AG Hastings'. As OakleafCounty notes, the Scots are actually far more up themselves than the English who at least are leavened out with a smattering of West Country bumpkins.

Bingo

Was chatting to a lad home from Aus last weekend. He'd be a good lad with a strong dislike of the English (part time RA man as I call him), anyways, he says the Aussies would drive you mad in terms of cockiness and general sh*te they talk when it comes to everything and particularly sport.

So much so that he hopes the English stuff them in the Ashes and the Lions just tear them a new one. He in Rugby league country but even started playing club level AFL as it was a chance to get stuck into the Aussies and mock them that anyone can play their game.  :D

He heading back down and hopes to get to a few of the games.

NAG1

Quote from: Bingo on May 01, 2013, 03:38:11 PM
Was chatting to a lad home from Aus last weekend. He'd be a good lad with a strong dislike of the English (part time RA man as I call him), anyways, he says the Aussies would drive you mad in terms of cockiness and general sh*te they talk when it comes to everything and particularly sport.

So much so that he hopes the English stuff them in the Ashes and the Lions just tear them a new one. He in Rugby league country but even started playing club level AFL as it was a chance to get stuck into the Aussies and mock them that anyone can play their game.  :D

In fairness they haven't had much to be shouting about lately and when this Drug Scandal thing is unravelled god knows how many of their starlets will come crashing down with a bang.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: NAG1 on May 01, 2013, 03:49:27 PM

In fairness they haven't had much to be shouting about lately and when this Drug Scandal thing is unravelled god knows how many of their starlets will come crashing down with a bang.

Whats this NAG1??

NAG1

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 01, 2013, 03:50:24 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on May 01, 2013, 03:49:27 PM

Whats this NAG1??

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2013/02/07/australia-sports-doping/1898005/

Walter Cronc

Interesting. James O'Connor, Kurtley Beale and Quade Cooper top of my list to be caught!!

theticklemister

Quote from: deiseach on May 01, 2013, 03:30:12 PM
Quote from: OakleafCounty on May 01, 2013, 03:26:29 PM
Did my postgrad in Scotland. Rugby there is played by upper class snobby t**ts who are born with a silver spoon and look down on everyone else.

Scottish rugby fans are the type who think the Highland clearances were a good thing.

Lol.

Dont know much about scottish club rugby....... I do now!

deiseach

Interesting is right. Having read Greg Wood's article in the Guardian about the casual attitude in Australia (among other countries, to be fair) to doping in horses, NAG1's link strikes a chord.