Warrenpoint Town now in Irish League Premiership.

Started by T Fearon, April 27, 2013, 05:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

T Fearon

1 nil according to BBC website.Daniel Hughes.Looks like Barry Gray is about to eclipse Pete Mc Grath as the area's best ever manager ;D

SHEEDY

Quote from: snoopdog on May 07, 2013, 09:31:03 PM
I'm hearing it ended 1all??
point won 1-0. Daniel hughes scored after being set up by his brother Stephen. all to play for now on Friday night.
nil satis nisi optimum

ranch

Was down at the game, great to see so many from my own area starting, some of whom are club mates of mine. Got Dingo for first goal at 7/1 in Hughes' Bookmakers today too, even if I only bothered to put a fiver on  :).
DC started very well and missed 2 or 3 great chances in the opening half. The second half was the total opposite however, the 'Point dominated and once DC took McAreavey off (due to him being booked and still making rash challenges) they took over midfield completely. Mark Miskimmin up front for DC didn't want to know all night, it's easy to see why Glenavon got rid of him.

snoopdog

T Fearon

Will be a tremendous achievement if they reach the Premier league,having only been established 25 years ago.

supersub

Quote from: ranch on May 07, 2013, 09:54:52 PM
Was down at the game, great to see so many from my own area starting, some of whom are club mates of mine. Got Dingo for first goal at 7/1 in Hughes' Bookmakers today too, even if I only bothered to put a fiver on  :).
DC started very well and missed 2 or 3 great chances in the opening half. The second half was the total opposite however, the 'Point dominated and once DC took McAreavey off (due to him being booked and still making rash challenges) they took over midfield completely. Mark Miskimmin up front for DC didn't want to know all night, it's easy to see why Glenavon got rid of him.

Who are these club mates you keep mentioning?

ranch

Is there any reason you want to know?
The only reason I've mentioned it is due to people thinking that those of us who supported Newry must have it for the 'Point. I'm very much of the opposite opinion, knowing quite a few of the players being one of the reasons why.

On a separate issue, one thing I noticed about DC tonight is how similar they are to the Newry side relegated two seasons ago. Mercenaries who really don't care, players who are past it and rejects from other Irish League sides all getting a quick buck (Miskimmin,  Downey, McShane, Keegan to name a few). I sort of felt for those who'd travelled from Belfast to watch their side in a vital game and be treated to that, especially in the second half.

T Fearon

I doubt if they'd be making much of a buck playing for DC. DC were a club with great potential a few years ago but internal strife,plus losing their best young players to bigger clubs,seems to have taken its toll

ranch

Quote from: T Fearon on May 08, 2013, 07:32:07 AM
I doubt if they'd be making much of a buck playing for DC. DC were a club with great potential a few years ago but internal strife,plus losing their best young players to bigger clubs,seems to have taken its toll

I know they wouldn't be on anything like they used to be, some however would be on money around the £100 a game/week mark.

T Fearon

DC must be one of the oldest teams in the Premiership, a lot of mileage in most of their players. Might be better if they went down and tried to rebuild, there's not much left in the current team.

supersub

Quote from: ranch on May 08, 2013, 03:08:33 AM
Is there any reason you want to know?
The only reason I've mentioned it is due to people thinking that those of us who supported Newry must have it for the 'Point. I'm very much of the opposite opinion, knowing quite a few of the players being one of the reasons why.

On a separate issue, one thing I noticed about DC tonight is how similar they are to the Newry side relegated two seasons ago. Mercenaries who really don't care, players who are past it and rejects from other Irish League sides all getting a quick buck (Miskimmin,  Downey, McShane, Keegan to name a few). I sort of felt for those who'd travelled from Belfast to watch their side in a vital game and be treated to that, especially in the second half.

Just because you have mentioned it a few times now so naturally the more it is mentioned the more curious I/people will get. Just a question!

T Fearon

T Fearon

Tonight's the night! Surely if Warrenpoint socre once tonight it will seal their Premiership place next season as it would mean DC have to score three?