Hi, O'Neill......

Started by supersarsfields, April 26, 2013, 09:18:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

I might go to this and form a protest, because it was O'Neill who helped the English dislodge O'Hanlons from the barony of Orior around the start of the 17th century.

If it wasnt for O'Neill then O'Hanlons would still be in Tayto Castle and Poyntzpass would be called by its original name of Fenwickspass.

Average time for grudges to be forgotton in Armagh is in the order of 400 years.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

laoislad

In Ancient Ireland, subjects would routinely suck on their King's nipples to demonstrate their submission.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ONeill

I used to be into all that stuff. In the early 90s I attended a few of these functions in Tullyhogue and Grianan of AIleach with some Portuguese and Spanish 'High Kings' who hadn't a notion why they'd been flown over to Ireland and were now standing in a field with a cape over them and throwing their shoe to the ground. Surreal stuff.
It's nice to know your surname's history and there's plenty of stuff out there but I don't really want to meet others - especially the name O'Neill which is as common as muck.

Anyway, there was so much hooring about then that you'd be afeard who was related to you. Sure we're all buckin related.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

Quote from: ONeill on April 26, 2013, 10:55:05 AM
I used to be into all that stuff. In the early 90s I attended a few of these functions in Tullyhogue and Grianan of AIleach with some Portuguese and Spanish 'High Kings' who hadn't a notion why they'd been flown over to Ireland and were now standing in a field with a cape over them and throwing their shoe to the ground. Surreal stuff.
It's nice to know your surname's history and there's plenty of stuff out there but I don't really want to meet others - especially the name O'Neill which is as common as muck.

Anyway, there was so much hooring about then that you'd be afeard who was related to you. Sure we're all buckin related.

Well, at least that explains why O'Neills look so odd.

Shamrock Shore

If there was a 'Shore' gathering I'd make it my business to be the other side of the country.

Load of nonsense in my opinion.

T Fearon

I hear all O'Neills are going to be replaced shortly by the Di Canios.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: T Fearon on April 26, 2013, 12:31:20 PM
I hear all O'Neills are going to be replaced shortly by the Di Canios.

LOL,  probably one of the funniest, most witty comments ive read in a long time.

Shamrock Shore

QuoteLOL,  probably one of the funniest, most witty comments ive read in a long time.

You mustn't get out much CL. Perhaps you name is an indication :-\

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: laoislad on April 26, 2013, 09:48:56 AM
In Ancient Ireland, subjects would routinely suck on their King's nipples to demonstrate their submission.

Saw that on Twitter myself this morning

muppet

I wonder will the Churchills go?

Red Hugh O'Neill
Alice O'Neill (M. Randall (Mac Sorley) MacDonnell)
Randall MacDonnell
Alexander MacDonnell
Randall MacDonnell
Anne Catherine MacDonnell (M. Henry Tempest)
Francis Anne Emily Tempest (M. Charles Stewart)
Francis Anne Emily Stewart (M. John Winston Spencer Churchill)
Randall Henry Spencer Churchill
Winston Churchill

MWWSI 2017

ONeill

Quote from: laoislad on April 26, 2013, 09:48:56 AM

We still do.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: muppet on April 26, 2013, 01:56:25 PM
I wonder will the Churchills go?

Red Hugh O'Neill
Alice O'Neill (M. Randall (Mac Sorley) MacDonnell)
Randall MacDonnell
Alexander MacDonnell
Randall MacDonnell
Anne Catherine MacDonnell (M. Henry Tempest)
Francis Anne Emily Tempest (M. Charles Stewart)
Francis Anne Emily Stewart (M. John Winston Spencer Churchill)
Randall Henry Spencer Churchill
Winston Churchill

What a horrible cnut.

Elizabeth II much nicer (individual) high profile Brit to be associated with Ireland.

Aoife MacMurrough & Richard de Clare
Diarmait Mac Murchada
Brian Boru
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

stew

My uncle and I were on a genealogy kick around 98, come to find out we have  1st cousins living in Tandragee ( I know what ye nordies are thinking) Sure enough the uncle calls them to say hello and let them know they were kin but as soon as he said his name was Brendan he was told "fcuk aff and never call here again you fenian cnut" And that my friends, was the last time he ever called that house again! :-[
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Orior

Quote from: stew on April 26, 2013, 03:36:32 PM
My uncle and I were on a genealogy kick around 98, come to find out we have  1st cousins living in Tandragee ( I know what ye nordies are thinking) Sure enough the uncle calls them to say hello and let them know they were kin but as soon as he said his name was Brendan he was told "fcuk aff and never call here again you fenian cnut" And that my friends, was the last time he ever called that house again! :-[

I once phoned a distant relative in Kilkenny and got the same reaction (without the fenian bit). The only thing that surprised me was how they knew I was a cnut so soon. Most people realise it after a week or two.