More erosion of British Culture that mainstream unionism failed to halt.

Started by T Fearon, April 25, 2013, 05:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

No British national anthem at this years IFA Cup Final between Cliftonville V Glentoran.

The GAA must reciprocate and drop the Soldiers Song if any of the British six county teams are involved in this year's All Ireland Finals.

T Fearon

Will there be an offside flag protest? Will a mad woman peep through the Cliftonvile dressing room door and cry "No Surrender!"

T Fearon

Wildweasel74

dont think it affect any ulster teams this yr Tony, final wise anyway

seafoid

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 25, 2013, 05:55:07 PM
Good call. No need for anthems.
Ireland's call i bPairc an chrocaigh was bad enough when the IRFU rented the place

dillinger

I wonder why?

Seriously, no need for them at any sporting occasion imo.

seafoid

Quote from: dillinger on April 25, 2013, 07:55:17 PM
I wonder why?

I think Amhran na bhFiann adds a lot to the atmosphere at Croke Park especially when the last line is dropped and crowd start roaring .
But there is absolutely no call for it in any nightclub.

Maguire01

Quote from: seafoid on April 25, 2013, 09:44:55 PM
Quote from: dillinger on April 25, 2013, 07:55:17 PM
I wonder why?

I think Amhran na bhFiann adds a lot to the atmosphere at Croke Park especially when the last line is dropped and crowd start roaring .
But there is absolutely no call for it in any nightclub.
Or before every game.

Orior

I'm very worried about this erosion of British culture. In no time at all it will be called the United Kingdom of England, Wales, South Antrim, North Down, East Belfast and the Falkland Islands. Pretty soon they'll be able to get the entire place carpetted.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Rossfan

I see ye're going to have to send ye're kids to OUR LADY'S Hospital in Crumlin ( dublin) for operations  now.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Rossfan on April 25, 2013, 10:10:51 PM
I see ye're going to have to send ye're kids to OUR LADY'S Hospital in Crumlin ( dublin) for operations  now.
Any different from sending them to the Mater Infirmorum on the Crumlin Road in Belfast?   

Rossfan

But they are stopping certain operations in Provincial Belfast and sending children to the All Ireland centre in Dublin. ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM