Amsterdam

Started by supersarsfields, April 25, 2013, 03:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Quote from: illdecide on September 27, 2013, 11:35:11 AM
There are 9 of us heading there 1st week in Nov for Celtic match, looking forward to it but i hear the alcohol is very expensive? A lad just back there a few weeks ago said he paid £6 for a bottle of beer...WTF.

What are the do's and dont's and where do you get cheap beers etc...

No worse than Temple Bar...
The Aristocrat Years

illdecide

Quote from: 5 Sams on September 27, 2013, 11:58:40 AM
There are 9 of us heading there 1st week in Nov for Celtic match, looking forward to it but i hear the alcohol is very expensive? A lad just back there a few weeks ago said he paid £6 for a bottle of beer...WTF.

lol...had a right session there on Sat nite. Guinness was mighty ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Jeepers Creepers

When in Rome.....   ;)

thebigfella

Quote from: 5 Sams on September 27, 2013, 11:58:40 AM

Ah yes but we should have no sympathy for them serving up expensive slop when down the country you can get the same slop a few euros cheaper.

Tony Baloney

Don't get caught. The end.  ;)

illdecide

Sure it's legal...

Someone was also telling me that the local cuisine (brownies) is for locals only and are not to be sold to the tourists? can anyone confirm this? Not that i'll eat any it's just for the mates to let them know

Ulick

Quote from: illdecide on September 27, 2013, 02:01:25 PM
Sure it's legal...

Someone was also telling me that the local cuisine (brownies) is for locals only and are not to be sold to the tourists? can anyone confirm this? Not that i'll eat any it's just for the mates to let them know

It's nonsense.

Contrary to popular opinion the sale and consumption of weed, space cakes, mushrooms etc is and always has been illegal for everyone. However it's official policy to tolerate sale and consumption (as well as the sex workers) in certain areas. There was talk a few years back that they would enforce the drugs law in Amsterdam when it came to tourists but nothing came of it. Tourists can still buy weed and consume in the coffee shops. As long as you have a bit of manners about you and don't be blatantly using in public or on the street and only in 'coffee shops' (that is actually labelled "coffee shop" and not a real coffee shop or pub that explicitly says you can spark up) you'll be grand.

50fiftyball

Anyone on here be able to recommend a pub/bar/watering hole to watch the Mayweather vs Pacquaio fight in Amsterdam?

Stag of 14 from Tyrone heading from the Friday - Sunday 3rd May.

illdecide

Quote from: 50fiftyball on April 17, 2015, 09:48:57 AM
Anyone on here be able to recommend a pub/bar/watering hole to watch the Mayweather vs Pacquaio fight in Amsterdam?

Stag of 14 from Tyrone heading from the Friday - Sunday 3rd May.

Sure would you lot not be better off watching Garth Brooks but I suppose you'll end up boxing later anyway ;)

50fiftyball

Lol!! all friends here, no beer muscles or egos!  ;)

on this topic, we've been told coco's, mulligan's, bellushis,

anyone recommend somewhere to watch the Tyrone u21 final on the saturday evening? Have followed them so far, raging to be missing it. Its on TG4

imtommygunn

Dirty nellys if it's still there??

Watched a game or two there one time.

omaghjoe

My local experience (which is 10years old I might add!) is that Mulligan's was always the best for GAA championship at least tho not sure about underage and league games...

Not sure if it would be showing the fight tho.

Durty Nellys might be a better bet that way

...however think this thru... the fight is gonna be on at 0600 in Amsterdam, without questioning anyone's manhood is it likely anyone is gonna last until that time? or alternatively be able to get up?

stiffler

Archie Mitchell your man for the dam.

Goes quite regylarly to sample the local, ahem, produce.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Norf Tyrone

Lads

The folks have booked to go here in Sept, and I said I'd sort out accommodation (Flights etc booked). However I literally can't get anywhere for the date needed (12th Sept).

Can anyone recommend a B+B/ hotel anywhere in the city at all?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Rossie11

Did ya try airbnb Norf?
Find it very good