Amsterdam

Started by supersarsfields, April 25, 2013, 03:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

In Amsterdam this weekend and was wondering if there's a good Irish pub that would be showing the NL Finals?

(Tried doing a search there to see if there is an Amsterdam thread but the search function doesn't seem to be working)

EC Unique

I was in the banana bar once. Not sure about the footy but the entertainment was first class. ;D

Billys Boots

There is an Irish bar not far from Damme Square, but I can't for the life of me remember what's it's called.  It showed sports too if I remember correctly. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

laoislad

Amsterdam,a dirty seedy city where women are sexually objectified,put on display in windows for men to leer at and then pimped out to anyone who has the cash.

Jeez I can't wait to go back!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

TORGAEL

Durty Nellys on Warmoestraat, not far from Dam Square, is an Irish bar where the GAA will definitely be showing on sunday.

Norf Tyrone

I am developing an interest in this thread tonight.

What companies fly to Amsterdam from Ireland? Just Aer Lingus (Dublin) and Easy Jet (Belfast)?

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

5 Sams

Quote from: laoislad on April 25, 2013, 06:38:29 PM
Amsterdam,a dirty seedy city where women are sexually objectified,put on display in windows for men to leer at and then pimped out to anyone who has the cash.

Jeez I can't wait to go back!

Have to agree with Laois Lad for once. Fcuk the league lads...yiz are in Amsterdam...that's what Sky + was invented for....
The Aristocrat Years

laoislad

For once? That's a bit harsh....
Dirty Nordie!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

southdown

Great spot altogether!!!  I was there for St Patrick's day last year, I think there was an Ireland 6 nations rugby match on and all the bars had it on, I don't think you will struggle at all.

Make sure to hire out a bike (not slang for a hooker!), best way to get about.  Heinekin factory worth a visit too.

Milltown Row2

Have been a few times, went for a stag weekend one year, holy fcuk!! Went over the weekend of the their queens birthday. Best party weekend of the year in Amsterdam apparently and it certainly lived up to it. Thousands on the streets would recommend heading over during that weekend for sure.

Four Westies got off the plane and we were handed a orange sash ;D, everybody was wearing them so as the saying goes, when in Rome....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Catch the high ball

Heading to Amsterdam in September, any ideas where a good spot would be for 4 or 5 lads to stay? Ideally a central location and has a  bar  ;D
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

qubdub

Quote from: Catch the high ball on July 22, 2013, 08:56:02 PM
Heading to Amsterdam in September, any ideas where a good spot would be for 4 or 5 lads to stay? Ideally a central location and has a  bar  ;D
white tulip hostel, in the city centre. Irish bar attached and hookers only round the corner.

laceer

We stayed here for a stag do a few years ago:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g188590-d236071-Reviews-St_Christopher_s_at_Winston_Hotel-Amsterdam_North_Holland_Province.html

Hostel type accommodation but it's cheap, in a great location and has a bar that opens to 3 in the morning. They have a load of happy hour deals and an indoor smoking room if that's your bag.

illdecide

There are 9 of us heading there 1st week in Nov for Celtic match, looking forward to it but i hear the alcohol is very expensive? A lad just back there a few weeks ago said he paid £6 for a bottle of beer...WTF.

What are the do's and dont's and where do you get cheap beers etc...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch