Tyrone and derry friends or foes ?

Started by sbw, April 23, 2013, 10:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Quote from: orangeman on April 28, 2013, 08:08:34 PM
In Croke Park today it was brilliant to see Tyrone fans cheer on Derry in the first match and Derry fans cheering and encouraging Tyrone in the second match.

Fair play all round. Nice to see and hear.

We dont like to see stuff like this.

LeoMc

In Croke Park today it was brilliant to see Tyrone fans cheer on Derry in the first match and Derry fans cheering and encouraging Tyrone in the second match.

Yeah, but now that they look to have a decent team we are going to have to quit patronising them like that.

God14

Yeah, but now that they look to have a decent team we are going to have to quit patronising them like that.
[/quote]

True Leo, i was half impressed by Derry yesterday.
The young 19 year old in Midfield looks a prospect. Eoin Bradley, Emmet McGuckin, James Kielt all dangerous forwards on any given day.
They looked very fit towards the end as well... that'd be the Paddy Tally effect.

Derry v Down wets the appetite as a neutral. I fancy Derry.

thebuzz

We had great banter and craic with the Tyrone ones going down on the train and if they had won it would have been a perfect day out.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 28, 2013, 11:25:34 PM
yeah was ok with the exception of the Tyrone fool in 307 about row z/w 20 in, talk about abuse and bad language, terrible. Everybody was looking at him. Children shouldnt have to listen to crap like that. Thought he was drunk. but seen him outside after the game as i was telling my friend about this guy and i see him with 2 children outside the cusack. if they have to listen to that abuse every game god help them!!

Was around there, was that the fella screaming at Cluxton to kick out the f**king ball at the end?

I don't think he heard him...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

red hander

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 24, 2013, 09:55:38 PM
U wonder why derry people hate tyrone, you said it uself Lderry you p***k!! say mo more, cause no other county comes out with that!

Very true, very true ... how's that UK City of Culture thing going for youse up there in Lon..., sorry Derry?

theticklemister

Quote from: red hander on April 29, 2013, 05:03:49 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 24, 2013, 09:55:38 PM
U wonder why derry people hate tyrone, you said it uself Lderry you p***k!! say mo more, cause no other county comes out with that!

Very true, very true ... how's that UK City of Culture thing going for youse up there in Lon..., sorry Derry?

Ill take that on the chin. You have every right to give us a slagging there.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 28, 2013, 11:25:34 PM
yeah was ok with the exception of the Tyrone fool in 307 about row z/w 20 in, talk about abuse and bad language, terrible. Everybody was looking at him. Children shouldnt have to listen to crap like that. Thought he was drunk. but seen him outside after the game as i was telling my friend about this guy and i see him with 2 children outside the cusack. if they have to listen to that abuse every game god help them!!

Reminds me of a fella in the row behind me at the Mayo v Down game last year. The whole game he hurled nothing but abuse at the Down players, an embarrassment to Mayo followers that day. Even his son who was less than 10 had to tell him to shut up a few times. Funny thing was, his picture was in the local papers standing outside Croke Park and name underneath it. But those fans are hard to listen to.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

SamWheagle

Quote from: Stall the Bailer on April 24, 2013, 05:02:52 PM
Hated teams in the GAA are usually the successful ones.

True but I have hated Tyrone for over 30 years so that blows that theory. I would rather see a Nazi concentration camp XV win an AI than Tyrone.

rrhf

Quote from: SamWheagle on May 01, 2013, 02:21:35 PM

True but I have hated Tyrone for over 30 years so that blows that theory. I would rather see a Nazi concentration camp XV win an AI than Tyrone.
At first glance this sounds like an unequivocal declaration of hatred for Tyrone, but whn you think about it for all we know you could be a Nazi lover, so please qualify that statement by deleting one or another of the following:
I love Nazis
I am not so sure if I do..

SamWheagle

Well now, you have to give them their dues

Gabriel_Hurl

Hate the hoors  :D - going to school there in the 90's was a nightmare - especially when Henry Downey was teaching there

theticklemister

Quote from: SamWheagle on May 01, 2013, 02:50:43 PM
Well now, you have to give them their dues

Never to Hitler and nevrr to Mickey.

red hander

Quote from: SamWheagle on May 01, 2013, 02:21:35 PM

Not true. I have hated the inbreds for over 30 years and they've been spectacularly unsuccessful bar that one AI. I'd sell my soul to the devil by promising to bang Kate Hoey if it meant the Joke Leafs never won another Sam ... that's how much I hate them, so there!

lickthem

Do they still sell jam sandwiches in the Omagh Asda store?