Explosion at Boston Marathon

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, April 15, 2013, 08:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyssam5

Maybe I'm watching too much TV, but can dogs not track a bleeding suspect from an abandoned SUV to a boat a few blocks away in fairly short order?

AZOffaly

I thought it was funny when Fox News said that the suspects were 'Not Caucasian'. Chechnya (and Dagestan) is literally in the region called Caucasus or Caucasia. In fact the Chechens are said to be the one of the original Caucasians. I don't think they could be more wrong if they tried :D

J70

Quote from: stew on April 20, 2013, 06:30:19 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 20, 2013, 06:07:43 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 20, 2013, 04:23:11 PM
Does anyone know how much it all cost? I wonder how many homicides happened over the 5 days. But that must be different .

Yeah, just a little different.  :o

wtf are you on?

Actually that post is starting to make a lot of sense given the poster!

It was sarcasm. The emoticon ahould have given you a hint.

J70

Quote from: seafoid on April 20, 2013, 08:08:04 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 20, 2013, 06:07:43 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 20, 2013, 04:23:11 PM
Does anyone know how much it all cost? I wonder how many homicides happened over the 5 days. But that must be different .

Yeah, just a little different.  :o
It is because terrsm threatens the authority of the state and homicides are run of the mill. But for those killed and their families there is no real difference

And terrorism obviously poses a threat to many more people than the typical murder. If it was a gun-toting mass murderer, the response would have been similar. Luckily, most mass murderers either kill themselves or are taken by the police pretty quickly.

J70

Quote from: give her dixie on April 20, 2013, 01:15:57 AM
Maybe so J70, but it was a hell of a lot easier to pass after the events in Boston

I don't know whether that is true or not as I haven't been following that particular bill.

LeoMc

Quote from: J70 on April 20, 2013, 10:43:34 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on April 20, 2013, 01:15:57 AM
Maybe so J70, but it was a hell of a lot easier to pass after the events in Boston

I don't know whether that is true or not as I haven't been following that particular bill.

Seems innocuous enough.

Should CISPA earn the president's autograph, private businesses will be encouraged to voluntarily share cyberthreat information with the US government. The authors of the bill say this is an effort to better combat the reportedly increasing attempts to harm America's critical computer networks and pilfer the systems of private companies for intellectual property and other sensitive trade secrets.

LeoMc

Quote from: NAG1 on April 19, 2013, 03:17:49 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on April 19, 2013, 03:08:00 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on April 19, 2013, 02:53:43 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on April 19, 2013, 02:45:06 PM
Quote from: dec on April 19, 2013, 02:38:35 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on April 19, 2013, 02:34:44 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on April 19, 2013, 02:32:33 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on April 19, 2013, 02:30:11 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on April 19, 2013, 02:24:31 PM
So, one of the main suspects is dead. How convenient. Jack Ruby wasn't even needed this time.
I don't understand?

Which bit don't you understand?

The bit about Jack Ruby.

The internet is your friend http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ruby

Why he would be "needed this time"

I think the original point was that he wasnt or that he wouldnt have been  ::) At least with suspect one!

This is going right over my head.  ???
Is Benny saying that it is in someones interest to have the suspects (our modern day LHO) bumped off?
Or why would the suspect being alive necessitate some modern day Jack Ruby killing them before they could talk?

Cone on Leo keep up, he is winding up about the conspiracies that grow up around these events.
The chat with Jack Ruby was that he killed LHO before he got a chance to reveal embarrassing secrets. Whilst maybe not on this level, it might still be 'cleaner' for the authorities for both suspects to be dead and therefore they can tell whatever version of the truth they like, or one which fits best.

Are you sure he is only winding?

trileacman

RTE News

Boston Mayor Tom Menino said that authorities may never be able to question the Boston Marathon bombing suspect.
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19 is seriously injured and unable to speak after eluding police for 24 hours. He sustained injuries to his neck and tongue while on the run.

Mr Menino told ABC's "This Week" programme was in "very serious" condition at a Boston hospital after being captured Friday night.
He said: "and we don't know if we'll ever be able to question the individual," Tsarnaev's brother, Tamerlan, 26, was killed in a firefight with police earlier on Friday as officers hunted them for the twin blasts on Monday that killed three and injured 176.

The FBI is waiting to speak to Dzhokhar Tsarnaev as it tries to determine a motive for the attack and whether the two brothers accused of the attack acted alone. Dzhokhar had been hiding in a boat parked in the backyard of a house in the suburb of Watertown.

That's a strange, cryptic comment to make. Is he alluding to his injuries or just suggesting "don't be surprised if this lad gets snuffed."
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Hardy

No. I think he's saying, and I quote, "he's in very serious condition and we don't know if we'll ever be able to question the individual".

stew

Quote from: trileacman on April 21, 2013, 07:06:45 PM
RTE News

Boston Mayor Tom Menino said that authorities may never be able to question the Boston Marathon bombing suspect.
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19 is seriously injured and unable to speak after eluding police for 24 hours. He sustained injuries to his neck and tongue while on the run.

Mr Menino told ABC's "This Week" programme was in "very serious" condition at a Boston hospital after being captured Friday night.
He said: "and we don't know if we'll ever be able to question the individual," Tsarnaev's brother, Tamerlan, 26, was killed in a firefight with police earlier on Friday as officers hunted them for the twin blasts on Monday that killed three and injured 176.

The FBI is waiting to speak to Dzhokhar Tsarnaev as it tries to determine a motive for the attack and whether the two brothers accused of the attack acted alone. Dzhokhar had been hiding in a boat parked in the backyard of a house in the suburb of Watertown.

That's a strange, cryptic comment to make. Is he alluding to his injuries or just suggesting "don't be surprised if this lad gets snuffed."

FFS, he told you exactly what he was thinking, he is sub human, he is seriously injured but what do you want from the authorities, no matter what transpires the lefty wing nuts will be out in force categorically stating that they got the wrong men! ::)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Quote from: stew on April 21, 2013, 08:07:22 PM
RTE News

FFS, he told you exactly what he was thinking, he is sub human, he is seriously injured but what do you want from the authorities, no matter what transpires the lefty wing nuts will be out in force categorically stating that they got the wrong men! ::)
I saw a newspaper report today saying that the Russians advised the FBI about the brothers. But of course the russians are all leftys and can't be trusted.

johnneycool

Quote from: stew on April 21, 2013, 08:07:22 PM
RTE News

We wasn't meant to survive that assault on the boat he was in. I'd say the authorities were shocked that he was still kicking after it.

Stew,
  would it not be in the US's interests to see what motivates these people to do this?

Labeling him and his brother as sub-human is easy and handy but not of great benefit to anyone.

gallsman

One of the charges he's facing is "using a weapon of mass destruction". What precisely is a WMD and if a homemade bomb fits the description, how weren't they able to find any in Iraq?