Explosion at Boston Marathon

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, April 15, 2013, 08:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Sky News reckon he's been apprehended
That was never a square ball!!

Syferus

Quote from: ONeill on April 20, 2013, 12:14:52 AM
Imagine if this level of coverage existed during the troubles.

I know we're awesome and all that craic, but helping found modern freedom fighting/terrorism is one of our country's legacies dirtiest legacies and one that hasn't been properly explored in terms of its international impact. Even Che studied Mick Collins and his leadership of the IRB.

ONeill

Quote from: Syferus on April 20, 2013, 12:35:59 AM

I know we're awesome and all that craic, but helping found modern freedom fighting/terrorism is one of our country's legacies dirtiest legacies and one that hasn't been properly explored in terms of its international impact. Even Che studied Mick Collins and his leadership of the IRB.

Is it not simply a matter of technological development?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

trileacman

That's a load of shit.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Tony Baloney

Quote from: trileacman on April 20, 2013, 12:44:07 AM

That's a load of shit.
There you go beating around the bush again!

Syferus

Quote from: ONeill on April 20, 2013, 12:42:21 AM

Is it not simply a matter of technological development?

Are you talking about 24/7 news or guriella tactics? I was using your comment as a jumping off point - Sky News would never have got right of the Dublin bureau if they had something as juicy as the Troubles to cover. To be fair compared to American stations Sky News looks like the gold standard of impartiality.

ONeill

Sorry, I meant the tools of warfare but I know what you mean.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Syferus

Quote from: trileacman on April 20, 2013, 12:44:07 AM

That's a load of shit.

You'd want to back up definitive statements a bit more than that if you want anything more than a shouting match.

The IRB's guerrilla tactics in the War of Independence formed the basis for modern 20th and 21st century rebel tactics, that's not an opinion, it's a fact. Organising small bands of men into cells who operate semi-independently using the element of surprise almost exclusively didn't enter other guerrillas' heads by an act of God.

J70

Quote from: BennyCake on April 19, 2013, 07:37:03 PM
Quote from: dec on April 19, 2013, 07:31:21 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on April 19, 2013, 06:50:29 PMAll the evidence cleaned up, just like in 9/11, 7/7.

Tell us what really happened on 9/11. Was it the CIA, Mossad, the Illuminati?

That's for another day, dec.

J70, I think giverherdixie's post confirms what I said. Isn't it strange how these new laws are just waiting to be rolled out, just a couple of days after such events?

Er... That bill was coming up for vote regardless of the bombing.

give her dixie

Maybe so J70, but it was a hell of a lot easier to pass after the events in Boston
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Carmen Stateside

We will hear the proper story now, or will we?

give her dixie

Carmen, lets hope the truth can be told, and more importantly, the residents of Boston can start to move on from this horrible experience.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: give her dixie on April 20, 2013, 01:58:00 AM
Carmen, lets hope the truth can be told, and more importantly, the residents of Boston can start to move on from this horrible experience.

Agree totally.  Strange the boat was never searched before now.

BennyHarp

My bet would be that he will not be alive to face trial, his death would tie up the lose ends nice and neatly and any story can be released about his motives. Also, it appears that the owner of the boat basically followed a trail of blood to the boat and found him lying there. How did someone that badly injured manage to get away in the first place?
That was never a square ball!!

Eamonnca1

Cheney and Bush are wondering why they searched for him where he actually was.