Explosion at Boston Marathon

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, April 15, 2013, 08:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

According to police, a bomb also exploded at the JFK Library.  No injuries there apparently.  At the moment, according to CNN, 2 dead, 100+ injured.

stew

Quote from: ballinaman on April 15, 2013, 09:24:03 PM
Police confirm 1st bomb was homemade. Some right wing nut job. Patriots day in the states

You might want to wait until the facts come out, you have no idea who it is! ::)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ballinaman

Quote from: stew on April 15, 2013, 10:27:54 PM
Police confirm 1st bomb was homemade. Some right wing nut job. Patriots day in the states

You might want to wait until the facts come out, you have no idea who it is! ::)
Pretty safe to say it's a nut job though. Sickening stuff. There will be loads of stuff flying about the alleged perpetrators. Just saw Oklahoma bombing was April 19th...which probably means nothing really though.

BennyCake

Quote from: ballinaman on April 15, 2013, 10:31:27 PM

Pretty safe to say it's a nut job though. Sickening stuff. There will be loads of stuff flying about the alleged perpetrators. Just saw Oklahoma bombing was April 19th...which probably means nothing really though.

Aye, a nutjob in the same way Oklahoma was! And 9/11, Madrid, London etc etc...

moysider

Quote from: Minder on April 15, 2013, 10:03:59 PM
According to New York Post a Saudi national being reported as a suspect, has shrapnel wounds in hospital.

Hmmmm. Round up the usual suspects I suspect.

I doubt the bombers hung around to pick up shrapnel. If the bombs were in shops - which it appears they were - the planters were well away.

Actually I was hoping the 2 fatalities were 2 suicide bombers blowing themselves up. No such luck.

Sickening stuff. Children and all caught up in that. Cowardly act.

stew

I would say there is more than one nut job involved, interesting to note you blamed the right wingers on this before you knew what you were talking about............... no bias there at all at all.

Farrandeelin

I don't know who was behind that bombing, but it's f**king sickening. That 8th pic was hard to look at.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ballinaman

Quote from: stew on April 15, 2013, 10:42:42 PM

I would say there is more than one nut job involved, interesting to note you blamed the right wingers on this before you knew what you were talking about............... no bias there at all at all.
Incorrect, plenty of bias. Neither here nor there at this time though, thoughts are with people of Boston now. I flipped a coin last October to run Boston today or 2014 as I had the qualifying time. Surreal feeling, thankfully got a text from my friend who ran today. Safe and sound.

Tony Baloney

Really don't understand the mentality of people who stand filming carnage around them instead of sticking the phone in the pocket and trying to help.

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 15, 2013, 10:55:23 PM
Really don't understand the mentality of people who stand filming carnage around them instead of sticking the phone in the pocket and trying to help.

Was thinking the same. The $$$ signs were in some of the photographers minds as they scrambled to get the photo that can be sold to the papers and will be shown around the world and then they simply turned around an walked away.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J70

Check the news: Fox hyping likely Al Qaeda (or sympathizer) involvement; MSNBC potential domestic, tax day/Boston connection.

stew

Quote from: J70 on April 15, 2013, 11:06:39 PM

Check the news: Fox hyping likely Al Qaeda (or sympathizer) involvement; MSNBC potential domestic, tax day/Boston connection.

Fox are right wingers, the rest of the media are left wingers plus they all deal in sensationalism to some degree, my point was simply that a lad on here played the right wing card right away which was expected but in my opinion, premature!

ONeill

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 15, 2013, 10:55:23 PM

See your point, but we still watch their footage.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Look people/posters will always have an opinion on who done it, it won't affect or have any bearing on whats actually happened. The fact is that another senseless explosion has taken place and innocent people have lost their lives.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

Boston radio reporting police commissioner has dismissed reports of any suspect held much less a Saudi