Galway v Mayo Sunday May 19th 2013 - Pearse Stadium

Started by From the Bunker, April 14, 2013, 05:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Syferus on May 19, 2013, 05:56:52 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on May 19, 2013, 05:54:59 PM
That's the worst gway team I've ever seen.
Mayo were fairly poor too, I'd be interested in how many balls we kicked away, brutal from the half backs.
This could actually ruin our season, we need a good challenge to find our best 15

I hear a good team would have scored 10 goals and 100 points on them.
Shouldn't have conceded 11 points and could probably have had another 10 themselves
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Syferus

Quote from: seafoid on May 19, 2013, 06:09:31 PM
Quote from: cicfada on May 19, 2013, 05:38:37 PM
Well done mayo. Now go win the all Ireland !!
+ 1
I would just add "in the name of god" to the above,
Mayo are verra good.

Arrah is the head down, Seafoid?

ballinaman

Surprised by the margin. Thought the forwards workrate forced the mistakes by the Galway backs which ultimately decided the game before half time.
Boyler man of the match for me. He'd rather lose his head than pull out of a 50/50.
Great to see game time for young McHale, did well.

Head down for game 2 now. Some selection headaches for Horan, not a bad problem at all to have.

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on May 19, 2013, 06:15:09 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 19, 2013, 06:09:31 PM
Quote from: cicfada on May 19, 2013, 05:38:37 PM
Well done mayo. Now go win the all Ireland !!
+ 1
I would just add "in the name of god" to the above,
Mayo are verra good.

Arrah is the head down, Seafoid?
Mayo are good enough to win the thing. I hope they do.
I imagine Horan has more conviction than a lot of the fans.

BTW Ros vs Mayo will be like Poland vs Germany 1939

GaillimhIarthair

Well done Mayo and apologies for not being able to test ye for even a half yesterday - hope ye get at least one decent match before ye get to Croke Park in August - ye wont be too far away this year either.

As for us, well hopefully the powers that be in Galway football will finally see that its just not not natural or skillful footballers you need to compete at the highest level in this day and age - it that plus a lot more - enough said.

GalwayBayBoy

Had a big long diatribe written yesterday just before the board went and lost it before I could post it. Can't face typing it all out again if I could even remember half of it.

Syferus

I had about a dozen brilliant and biting quips to tee off on Seafoid with before the board went down in flames but the moment's passed  :'(

rosnarun

margin of victory was irrelavant ,though to equal the record was nice, but the game probably said more about galway than mayo. Mayo did what they had too aand galway didn't,
would not judge a team on one game though last time mayo had things that easy Roscommon came back to win a connacht the year after.
and if the two were to meet id fancy this Galway side any day . Meehan was fantasic from free and armstong not bad eith , It was a chase of some galway head froppog and more being lost.

Bring on the East ros now!!!.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Mayo Mick

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 16, 2013, 12:28:35 AM
Quote from: Mayo Mick on May 15, 2013, 10:17:36 PM
Mayo 3-12 Galway 1-10. Can't see Galway troubling our defence while with Hanly out we should be good for a few goals. Would have preferred to have CO'C in FF line though his distribution and vision not in doubt - Freeman may benefit from the accuracy of his passes. Good to give Coen a start - let him get experience in Connacht for the bigger battles in CP later. Expect we will see Moran and Dillon in last 10 mins when the result is not in doubt.

You are some joker! A pure Red (and Green) Herring!  ;D

Are you James Horan in disguise?

Who is the joker now.  A bit out in my forecast but I had not reckoned on Galway losing 2 players.
That's Connacht wrapped up. Nothing more to be said until August.
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

Asal Mor

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on May 20, 2013, 03:48:29 PM
Well done Mayo and apologies for not being able to test ye for even a half yesterday - hope ye get at least one decent match before ye get to Croke Park in August - ye wont be too far away this year either.

As for us, well hopefully the powers that be in Galway football will finally see that its just not not natural or skillful footballers you need to compete at the highest level in this day and age - it that plus a lot more - enough said.

That's it GI. Mayo , Donegal and Dublin are at such a different level physically, that you won't even get a chance to play football against them until you can match that. The gap between u-21 football and senior has never been bigger. Galway were knocked around the place yesterday, especially early on when it was still a contest.

Farrandeelin

So, Mayo are after winning against Galway in their own backyard and not one word of well done to Mayo from anyone else other than the Galway bucks. Not a whole lot to add myself really, I was just surprised at how good Mayo were, apart from that 10 min spell early on in second half when they kinda knew they had it won by then. As Mayo4Sam said, there were a few balls that should have been placed better when on top, but I suppose we weren't even punished for those mistakes. Boyle my motm too ballinaman, was brilliant.

Well at least we know who we're playing next, Galway - (I felt for their fans yesterday), have a 6 week break and their spirit will be quashed after that. It's going to be a hard slog of a summer for them, if they get a summer at all that is.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mouview

From a Galway POV, the worst thing about yesterday is that the exact same thing is going to happen to the hurlers also. They've a grievous batin' coming down the track unless management seriously cop themselves on and stop trying to fill team positions with makeweights. Mark my words, it will happen, and everybody but me will be going around afterwards, wringing their hands and saying 'we didn't see this coming'.

seafoid

I think you know Mayo are serious when the interviews emphasise how happy they were with the "workrate".

Mayo Mick

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 20, 2013, 04:14:19 PM
So, Mayo are after winning against Galway in their own backyard and not one word of well done to Mayo from anyone else other than the Galway bucks. Not a whole lot to add myself really, I was just surprised at how good Mayo were, apart from that 10 min spell early on in second half when they kinda knew they had it won by then. As Mayo4Sam said, there were a few balls that should have been placed better when on top, but I suppose we weren't even punished for those mistakes. Boyle my motm too ballinaman, was brilliant.

Well at least we know who we're playing next, Galway - (I felt for their fans yesterday), have a 6 week break and their spirit will be quashed after that. It's going to be a hard slog of a summer for them, if they get a summer at all that is.

Would not expect many congrats we did what was expected of us. My Munster/Kerry analogy stands - the Kingdom don't get plaudits when they hand out drubbings in May or June

Not many acknowledging my accurate forecast either.
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

seafoid

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 20, 2013, 04:14:19 PM

You must have been happy with the goals, Farra