Galway v Mayo Sunday May 19th 2013 - Pearse Stadium

Started by From the Bunker, April 14, 2013, 05:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lar Naparka

Quote from: rosnarun on May 17, 2013, 09:21:39 AM
Quote from: moysider on May 17, 2013, 12:28:33 AM
Quote from: Syferus on May 17, 2013, 12:08:23 AM
The word from Andy is that he won't feature at all unless he's needed. Hopefully whatever happens he stays healthy because you don't want to see a player of his quality on the blocks in the summer no matter what jersey they wear.

He ll probably be needed but I still don t expect to see him.

why waste a place on the bench then. with 2 debutants the chances of subs being need in the forwards is very high,
don't tell me the squad is pard back that much we're putting players without a hope of playing on the bench
Good point, ros. I suppose the fact that he part o the squad is will boost the team's morale and spur them on that extra biteen. Mind you, I think all Mayo players will be revved up to the max at the sight of a maroon jersey and won't need inspiration from any external source.

Yeehaw! Get them heron chokers! ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

moysider

Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 17, 2013, 10:25:52 AM
The word from Andy is that he won't feature at all unless he's needed. Hopefully whatever happens he stays healthy because you don't want to see a player of his quality on the blocks in the summer no matter what jersey they wear.

why waste a place on the bench then. with 2 debutants the chances of subs being need in the forwards is very high,
don't tell me the squad is pard back that much we're putting players without a hope of playing on the bench
Good point, ros. I suppose the fact that he part o the squad is will boost the team's morale and spur them on that extra biteen. Mind you, I think all Mayo players will be revved up to the max at the sight of a maroon jersey and won't need inspiration from any external source.

well does anybody know of anyone in the squad that is fit and not listed in the subs. Just asking like? Who would Andy be keeping off the bench??

As I said just curious.

rosnarun

Quote from: moysider on May 17, 2013, 10:37:24 AM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 17, 2013, 10:25:52 AM

Good point, ros. I suppose the fact that he part o the squad is will boost the team’s morale and spur them on that extra biteen. Mind you, I think all Mayo players will be revved up to the max at the sight of a maroon jersey and won’t need inspiration from any external source.

well does anybody know of anyone in the squad that is fit and not listed in the subs. Just asking like? Who would Andy be keeping off the bench??

As I said just curious.

who knows who is fit and who is not . everything is a state secret in the mayo panel.
but my main complaint about horan is the wasy he has let go so quality players in the last few years
like of
Ronaldson ( a personal favorite who should start every mayo game )
Kilcoyne
danny kirby
aidan walsh
A Campbell
micky mullins
mikey sweeny
and of course ciran mc donald :)

all better options than a not able to play and.
and im sure there are more than a few handy club player im not aware of
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

moysider

Park and ride every 20 mins. from airport to Salthill from 12 o clock on Sunday.

Bod Mor

Quote from: rosnarun on May 17, 2013, 11:00:43 AM

who knows who is fit and who is not . everything is a state secret in the mayo panel.
but my main complaint about horan is the wasy he has let go so quality players in the last few years
like of

I think Ronaldson got a good a few chances and he didn't impress. Was it last year or the year before he wasn't in the squad and then brought back in and was scoring a goid few points in the league.

Anyway, I've a bad feeling about Sunday, reckon we'll be leaving Salthill with our tails between our legs like the last time I was there (2005). Hope I'm wrong. Galway and Mayo games are hard to call at the best of times but it's in Salthill, they haven't beaten us in a while, we're going for 3 Connacht's in a row, we're a wounded animal. If the shoe was on the other foot and they were coming up to Castlebar, wouldn't every Mayo man and his granny be frothing at the mouth baying for Maroon blood!

We'll have to meet them with the ferociousness that they'll come out of the blocks with. There's no de Paor's or Donnellan's or Ja Fallon's or Padraic Joyce's but there are Bradshaw (one of the best half backs in the game), O Curraoin, Armstrong, Conroy and of course Meehan the danger man. These lads will be pumped heading into this game let there be no doubt about it. We'll have to hit hard, Hard, HARD!!

Something else to ponder and let it not be taken as any kind of defeatist soft talk but wouldn't it be better going into an All Ireland 1/4 final having played a Donegal/Tyrone, Derry/Down, a Meath or a Kildare or even a Cork or a Kerry rather than playing Roscommon and Sligo (No disrespect to those two by the way nor Leitrim for that matter).
I suppose it would want to be drilled into our lad's before throw in on Sunday not to be daydreaming about the lush pastures of Croke Park but to be living in the now and to go out in Salthill and get the job done!

Christ, the blood is boiling already. I won't get a wink of sleep tonight let alone Monday morning when I'll be tuned into it at 1am Sydney time. What sort of breed are we at all, the Mayo man and the unquenchable grá and quest for Sam!!
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

rosnarun

i have never seen ronaldson have a really poor game for mayo. its just he's not  a horan type of player on whose game is based on Skill rather than effort and i would say the same for kilcoyne , A Walsh  and sweeney (not to mention C Mort)under a different manager  these would be the guys we would be lookiing to rather than a constantly disappointing Alan freeman a 33 year ols debutant in murphy wet behind the ears C o Shea and a back in richie feeney .
Horan seem to be determined to make a noose for himself .
but so far we cant really argue with the results... TBC
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Mayo Mick

Can't know why some of our supporters doubt our ability to win SAM this year. If there was ever a year that we had a great chance this is it. No great team around, a straight forward run the AI qtrs, a settled team and a management team that have the experience of getting to an AI behind them. We are hardly likely to be overly troubled by a qualifier in the quarters and then it is the Ulster champions or another qualifier team in the semi. Would not be overly worried about Ulster champions this year - doubt Donegal will come through again and even if they do we will know how to handle them (Still think we should have beaten them last Sept and would have had Andy been playing). All of the other Ulster teams are a bit behind us in terms of development. Then we are back in an AI final and I would be confident we won't let it slip again. I know a lot of our supporters are so damaged by losing that they cloak themselves in the belief that we will lose again and somehow feel that this will insulate them from disappointment.

On the panel would agree with Ros that players like Cambell, Kilcoyne and Ronaldson would strengthen panel but Horan likes a certain type of player and we have to accept that. If we can keep the panel we have fully fit for the year then I would not be too concerned.

Expect a comfortable enough win on Sunday 7/8 pts+ (You can relax Bod Mór!!). We can then start getting wound up again in August for the final shove.

If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

seafoid

Quote from: Bod Mor on May 17, 2013, 02:15:25 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on May 17, 2013, 11:00:43 AM

like of

I think Ronaldson got a good a few chances and he didn't impress. Was it last year or the year before he wasn't in the squad and then brought back in and was scoring a goid few points in the league.

Anyway, I've a bad feeling about Sunday, reckon we'll be leaving Salthill with our tails between our legs like the last time I was there (2005). Hope I'm wrong. Galway and Mayo games are hard to call at the best of times but it's in Salthill, they haven't beaten us in a while, we're going for 3 Connacht's in a row, we're a wounded animal. If the shoe was on the other foot and they were coming up to Castlebar, wouldn't every Mayo man and his granny be frothing at the mouth baying for Maroon blood!

We'll have to meet them with the ferociousness that they'll come out of the blocks with. There's no de Paor's or Donnellan's or Ja Fallon's or Padraic Joyce's but there are Bradshaw (one of the best half backs in the game), O Curraoin, Armstrong, Conroy and of course Meehan the danger man. These lads will be pumped heading into this game let there be no doubt about it. We'll have to hit hard, Hard, HARD!!

Something else to ponder and let it not be taken as any kind of defeatist soft talk but wouldn't it be better going into an All Ireland 1/4 final having played a Donegal/Tyrone, Derry/Down, a Meath or a Kildare or even a Cork or a Kerry rather than playing Roscommon and Sligo (No disrespect to those two by the way nor Leitrim for that matter).
I suppose it would want to be drilled into our lad's before throw in on Sunday not to be daydreamiIt ng about the lush pastures of Croke Park but to be living in the now and to go out in Salthill and get the job done!

Christ, the blood is boiling already. I won't get a wink of sleep tonight let alone Monday morning when I'll be tuned into it at 1am Sydney time. What sort of breed are we at all, the Mayo man and the unquenchable grá and quest for Sam!!
It will take a few all irelands to put the old reliable mghus fatalism out of its self perpetuating misery.  If it was soccer the match would be like Dortmund v Ajax. Mayo should be well able for Sunday.

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on May 10, 2013, 10:19:04 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 10, 2013, 06:12:00 PM
Quote from: bucko on May 10, 2013, 04:32:34 PM
Newstalk interview with Andy here, he seems like he's raring to go in terms of full training, whether he'll be in the reckoning for Sunday week is still very uncertain.
https://www.newstalk.ie/Andy-Moran:-Reaching-the-end-of-the-long-road-back

Regards Dillon, Barry Moran, Higgins, Boyle and Regan, any updates/news/rumours as to their fitness??? Coud we see any bolters like Conor O'Shea, etc pushing for a start??

I think you're great Andy, but..

..did Newstalk disturb you while you were dumping a dead body?

I hope he wasn't cutting turf.

Now that you mention it, boss, this picture caught my eye:

Andy cuts old school. Not a pallet in sight.

Farrandeelin

I heard the rumour you were floating around yesterday Syf. It will be interesting to see if it just a rumour or if Dillon plays from the start.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 17, 2013, 07:49:11 PM
I heard the rumour you were floating around yesterday Syf. It will be interesting to see if it just a rumour or if Dillon plays from the start.

Really?

Lar Naparka

It could well be true and Horan may be the man who put it out. He might be playing mind games here.
After the team for the Connacht Final was announced last year, the rumours had it that he was going to make positional switches at the throw in and they turned out to be true. (Moving COC in to play FF was one of them.)
You could well see Alan coming on at the last minute with Coen probably losing out.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

babarino

This is a rout. Mayo looking very good. Or are Galway in rag order?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

GalwayBayBoy

Scandalous. 2-3 of free scores gifted to Mayo due to sloppy passing in defence.