Galway v Mayo Sunday May 19th 2013 - Pearse Stadium

Started by From the Bunker, April 14, 2013, 05:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 29, 2013, 04:13:04 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on April 23, 2013, 11:43:11 PM
Killer - Farr, is he still in the UK?,

He is and hasn't featured at all this year due to an injury he picked up in December.  :-\ That's a balls if it's Regan's same knee that's giving him trouble again.

What I m hearing is that it's a dead leg. Hopefully that is all it is. Of bigger concern apparently is Boyle's hamstring injury.
Christ they re mounting up now.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on April 29, 2013, 09:30:36 PM

He is and hasn't featured at all this year due to an injury he picked up in December.  :-\ That's a balls if it's Regan's same knee that's giving him trouble again.

What I m hearing is that it's a dead leg. Hopefully that is all it is. Of bigger concern apparently is Boyle's hamstring injury.

Time to swallow yer pride and drag in some of your Mayo champions, me thinks. Ros lads are made of hardier stuff.  :-X

Farrandeelin

Is Barry Moran going to be fit for this game does anybody know?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on April 29, 2013, 09:34:52 PM

Time to swallow yer pride and drag in some of your Mayo champions, me thinks. Ros lads are made of hardier stuff.  :-X

Bejaney, at the rate they are dropping, we might have to ask St Patrick, if he's not injured as well, to tog out! ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

moysider

Keith Rogers was in the panel earlier and must have got injured or something because he got little time even though he has always looked a very good player?

But who else is there? Suggestions?

ballinaman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 29, 2013, 09:56:17 PM
Is Barry Moran going to be fit for this game does anybody know?
Has a good shot at being fit for it.

moysider

At last! A bit of ..... er....um ...... not awful news.

Hopefully he ll get back soon. I know he s not everybody s cup of tea. I ve always thought it was essential he would come through the ranks. His best is ahead of him if he can stay fit. Huge player for us imo.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on April 29, 2013, 10:54:11 PM

Keith Rogers was in the panel earlier and must have got injured or something because he got little time even though he has always looked a very good player?

But who else is there? Suggestions?

Stephen Drake was exceptional for Ballagh last year and was the only Ballagh player to really shine against Brigids when it mattered the most. He is 29~30 but if he had the time he'd have been exactly the sort of the player that could allow Mayo to move Keith Higgins up the field without leaving a gaping hole at the back, both in skill and in leadership. After the success Boyle and Conroy have had it's surprising that Horan hasn't really had much of a look at the older members of the Ballagh panel. On top of that, Keith Rodgers barely has got a look in either.

I know Horan has more midfielders than he knows what to do with but James Kilkullen is playing great for Sligo and is the type of player who could have operated in the 11/third midfielder role Horan is trying to shoe-horn AOS/COC into much better than AOS/COC ever will be able to.

I think Mayo missed a beat with the Ballagh players, they showed themselves to be the best club in the county without Andy so there was more to be had from that team. Every option isn't going to work out but their achievements last season should have meant more than almost zero opportunities.

rosnarun

Quote from: Syferus on April 30, 2013, 12:20:32 AM

Stephen Drake was exceptional for Ballagh last year and was the only Ballagh player to really shine against Brigids when it mattered the most. He is 29~30 but if he had the time he'd have been exactly the sort of the player that could allow Mayo to move Keith Higgins up the field without leaving a gaping hole at the back, both in skill and in leadership. After the success Boyle and Conroy have had it's surprising that Horan hasn't really had much of a look at the older members of the Ballagh panel. On top of that, Keith Rodgers barely has got a look in either.

I know Horan has more midfielders than he knows what to do with but James Kilkullen is playing great for Sligo and is the type of player who could have operated in the 11/third midfielder role Horan is trying to shoe-horn AOS/COC into much better than AOS/COC ever will be able to.

I think Mayo missed a beat with the Ballagh players, they showed themselves to be the best club in the county without Andy so there was more to be had from that team. Every option isn't going to work out but their achievements last season should have meant more than almost zero opportunities.

you gotta love the Drake ,

while its not unusual for a bolter to emerge between the league and championship mayo normalty have a longer period and more chalage games in that time. Maybe they are holding behind closed door challanges butI doubt with Horan being horan we will see too many Unenforced changes for the galway game.
th e massive question is how are we going to replace Conroy who has bee the Lynch pin of our attack all year,
do we look for a like for like replacement or change our style a bit.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Crete Boom

Quote from: rosnarun on April 30, 2013, 12:22:16 PM

you gotta love the Drake ,

while its not unusual for a bolter to emerge between the league and championship mayo normalty have a longer period and more chalage games in that time. Maybe they are holding behind closed door challanges butI doubt with Horan being horan we will see too many Unenforced changes for the galway game.
th e massive question is how are we going to replace Conroy who has bee the Lynch pin of our attack all year,
do we look for a like for like replacement or change our style a bit.

If Horan can find a credible solution to that one Ros not only will we beat Galway but we will be a serious prospect around August Sept time too!

Rossfan

the Ballagh players, they showed themselves to be the best club in the county   affiliated to the County Board
I just know that's what you meant to say Syfeen  ;D

I suppose we want Galway, having looked on this game as their AI  to ambush the rhus and then get built up like mad so we can in turn spring our own little ambusheen. :o
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Rossfan on April 30, 2013, 03:25:05 PM
the Ballagh players, they showed themselves to be the best club in the county   affiliated to the County Board

I suppose we want Galway, having looked on this game as their AI  to ambush the rhus and then get built up like mad so we can in turn spring our own little ambusheen. :o

Am I right in thinking that Roscommon are away to whoever wins between Mayo or Galway? Would certainly affect their chances a little as they have a terrible record in both Castlebar and Salthill. From what I can remember anyway.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 30, 2013, 05:11:24 PM

Am I right in thinking that Roscommon are away to whoever wins between Mayo or Galway? Would certainly affect their chances a little as they have a terrible record in both Castlebar and Salthill. From what I can remember anyway.

Yes you are right.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Castlebar has been a very happy hunting ground lately so we'd probably prefer it to a trek to Salthill.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Syferus on April 30, 2013, 05:23:17 PM

Castlebar has been a very happy hunting ground lately so we'd probably prefer it to a trek to Salthill.

Surely that's just at underage though? Can't remember many senior victories there.

Guess the duck will have to be broken eventually.