Best County Championship Sponsorships

Started by Syferus, April 11, 2013, 02:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

I was just looking at some Meath club championship fixtures (I didn't intend to and I did throw up a little bit in my mouth when I realised what I was doing) and I noticed these gems of commercial enterprise:

The Hoganstand.com Senior Football Championship
and
The Meade Potato Intermediate Football Championship

I almost feel sorry for the poor lads on the radio in Meath who have to grit their teeth and say those names every week.

I was wondering which are the best sponsorships you've seen, past or present? We really should set up a PayPal and gather together the 50 Euro or so it'd take to sponsor the Kilkenny Intermediate Football Championship.. or maybe we think big and aim for the senior championship?  :-X

laoislad

And to make things even we could raise another €50 and sponsor the Roscommon Hurling Championship. It be on a par with the KK football one.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

magpie seanie

A fiver would do for the Sligo hurling championship.

blanketattack

Quote from: laoislad on April 11, 2013, 08:11:49 AM
And to make things even we could raise another €50 and sponsor the Roscommon Hurling Championship. It be on a par with the KK football one.

KK Football is fair bit behind Roscommon hurling.
The Roscommon hurling club champions have won Connaught twice and have gotten to the Connaught intermediate final 5 times, pushing the eventual winners close a couple of times.
The Kilkenny club champions have only won a few games in the entire history of the Leinster club championship.

theticklemister

Quote from: blanketattack on April 11, 2013, 12:11:42 PM
Quote from: laoislad on April 11, 2013, 08:11:49 AM

KK Football is fair bit behind Roscommon hurling.
The Roscommon hurling club champions have won Connaught twice and have gotten to the Connaught intermediate final 5 times, pushing the eventual winners close a couple of times.
The Kilkenny club champions have only won a few games in the entire history of the Leinster club championship.

Four Roads?

bennydorano

Down's still sponsored by Aroundapound?

theticklemister

Quote from: bennydorano on April 11, 2013, 05:07:43 PM
Down's still sponsored by Aroundapound?

Is that the cost of their 6 defenders as a combined fee in a fantasy gaa league??