Leinster Minor 2013

Started by The Insider, April 10, 2013, 08:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohtoohtobe

Ah that's class. One game away from a Leinster U21 and minor double. I came home the wrong weekend.

Blowitupref

Kildare will be All Ireland favourites after that result today and didn't Dublin beat Kildare in this years league final?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Jinxy on July 06, 2013, 04:55:20 PM
Are we still in this?
Nope sent packing by Tommy Carrs Westmeath.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Jinxy

I know we lost but are we still in it?

Onlooker

Afraid not jinxy.  8 teams through to the quarter finals are Mayo, Roscommon, Monaghan, Tyrone, Tipperary, Kerry, Westmeath and Kildare.

Jinxy

rodney trotter

Quote from: Jinxy on July 06, 2013, 04:57:03 PM
I know we lost but are we still in it?

Think ye had enough chances already.. Tommy the Messiah Carr must be working wonders with Westmeath.

Declan

Went up to Navan to have  look at Meath v Westmeath and Westmeath well deserved their win. They set up very defensively but  at least they had a game plan whereas Meath looked clueless. Only for a row involving both sidelines and managers and players resulting in the Westmeath full back getting sent off it wasn't very exciting stuff.
Westmeath corner back number 4, their number 21 who won a huge amount of ball around the middle third and the number 18 who came on for the FF after  15 minutes impressed me. Hard to pick out anyone for the Royals who played well and out played their opponent. 

Jinxy

You should have been in Parnell Park.
You'll never be one of US Declan, no matter how hard you try to lose your accent and uncouth mannerisms.

Declan

It was a shorter trip for me Jinxy ;)

Dinny Breen

Midfield and in particular the kick-outs from Sean Dempsey lay the foundation for this Kildare victory allied that to a great work rate in defence it was easy for the Kildare forwards to flourish as supply was plentiful and quick. McMonagle (who started in place of Connolly), Fitzpatrick and Neil Flynn and had the beating of their men every time. Chris Healy reminds me of a young Declan Kerrigan, he has a great engine and was up and down the paddock all day looking for the ball. Mescal and Fleming provided a very strong defensive spine and Lacey's influence was here to see as we played a very tight formation allowing the space out wide for Dublin and Dublin didn't have the players to kick points from these wide positions.

Anyhow very impressive performance so hopefully we'll cope mentally with beating Dublin and been heavy favourites for next week. Still nice to have a Leinster final and a AI quarter-final to look forward to.
#newbridgeornowhere

ross4life

Westmeath finally showing some of 2011 U-16 promise, not suprised by the two results and won myself a few euro for the weekend on the double bet.

Going to be some intriguing quarter finals when the best in Leinster fare off against the best in Connacht. I'm sure Kildare are delighted that Galway are out.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

INDIANA

Quote from: ross4life on July 07, 2013, 12:52:48 AM
Westmeath finally showing some of 2011 U-16 promise, not suprised by the two results and won myself a few euro for the weekend on the double bet.

Going to be some intriguing quarter finals when the best in Leinster fare off against the best in Connacht. I'm sure Kildare are delighted that Galway are out.

kildare are a good side. thats the best underage kildare team ive seen.

dublin were poor by our standards. kildare were missing a heap in the league final- only reason we won

macdanger2

Kildare had been 8/1 before tonight, presume they'll shorten significantly after that result, probably 3 or 4 /1