Mayo v Dublin, LSF, Croker 14th April

Started by highorlow, April 08, 2013, 09:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: Zulu on April 13, 2013, 12:54:27 PM
Nice one Indy, that dub team isn't far off the championship 15.

Missing

Mick Fitsimons
Rory O Carroll
Kevin Nolan
Ciaran Kilkenny
Alan Brogan
Bryan Cullen
James Mc Carthy

Of those at least 3 will start if fit come June. Maybe more.

Hill16 Blues

Quote from: emmetryan on April 13, 2013, 11:00:32 AM
Quote from: Hill16 Blues on April 12, 2013, 10:59:06 PM
Quote from: emmetryan on April 12, 2013, 08:22:56 AM
Hi guys,

Tactical preview of Dublin vs Mayo now up http://action81.com/blog/?p=7092

Thanks,
Emmet

Having watched your bizarre analysis & predictions on Seo Sport last week your credibility is kinda shot as far as I'm concerned.

Well thanks for watching but while my predictions stank I'm a little surprised by your issues with the analysis. I work off what I see, like anyone, look for patterns and then try to assess how teams will adjust to each other. Sometimes that goes pretty well on the presiction side, I went 16/17 last championship season but that defied probability as therw should have been more random variance to throw me off.

Emmet - analysis of patterns is one thing but you were quite disparaging & dismissive of the Dublin hurling team. And yes your predictions did indeed stink!

highorlow

QuoteEmmet - analysis of patterns is one thing but you were quite disparaging & dismissive of the Dublin hurling team. And yes your predictions did indeed stink!

Ah jesus Hill that's a bit harsh. Emmet is like any good team he peaks for the championship and might be a bit off for the league. 16 from 17 in last years predictions is very impressive compared to any of the so called 'experts' knocking about in the meeja these days.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

From the Bunker

Quote from: INDIANA on April 13, 2013, 12:28:15 PM
experimental dublin line-up.

Makeshift in the full back line due to all the injuries.

A wing back playing midfield.

Debutante at wing forward.

Gavin has one eye on the championship.

A win is a bonus for us

A win is a bonus for all 4 teams left. A chance of another day out in 2 weeks time and a title thrown in for good measure. Mayo are more so than the other three in Bonus territory.  We were only looking at survival, and this has fell in our laps. Mayo are about two and a quarter with most bookies, which is about right taking into account form, injuries and Dublin playing in headquarters.

Zulu

Quote from: INDIANA on April 13, 2013, 01:01:47 PM

Missing

Mick Fitsimons
Rory O Carroll
Kevin Nolan
Ciaran Kilkenny
Alan Brogan
Bryan Cullen
James Mc Carthy

Rory O'Carroll,is the only certain starter from that group. Nolan is fit now is he not so it doesn't look good for him and McCarthy and Fitsimons are certainly not sure of starting. Brogan and Kilkenny could very well start alright but Brogan may not get back from injury and Kilkenny would still have to perform to keep his position unlike Bernard Brogan for example who could have a few bad games and still expect to start. Besides, all the current replacements keep Dublin strong.

muppet

Quote from: INDIANA on April 13, 2013, 01:01:47 PM

Missing

Mick Fitsimons
Rory O Carroll
Kevin Nolan
Ciaran Kilkenny
Alan Brogan
Bryan Cullen
James Mc Carthy

A Dillon
A Moran
B Moran
K Higgins
T Cunniffe

If fit at least 3 of those will start come May.
MWWSI 2017

Captain Obvious

Top teams have strong panels you could use the excuse of players missing in every game. Dublin from what i have seen are going all out to win this league will be a blow to them if they don't.

partisan

Anyone have a season ticket they're not using for the games tomorrow?

heffo

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 13, 2013, 05:01:17 PM
Top teams have strong panels you could use the excuse of players missing in every game. Dublin from what i have seen are going all out to win this league will be a blow to them if they don't.

Not sure what games you've been watching but Gavin has rested key players and not started others that will be automatic starters come summer so don't see how that policy can be construed as being all out to win the league

muppet

Quote from: heffo on April 13, 2013, 05:40:04 PM

Not sure what games you've been watching but Gavin has rested key players and not started others that will be automatic starters come summer so don't see how that policy can be construed as being all out to win the league

...for the League Final.
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

Maybe he's taken the Brian Cody approach. Maybe he trusts the players to do the job...and wants those key men prove themselves when the championship comes around.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Captain Obvious

Dublin secured a semi final spot after their fourth game against Kildare that day they scored 2-20. Naturally the last three games Dublin eased off and rested players for the bigger and more important games ahead.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

muppet

Vaughan is very frustrating. He gets loads of ball and into great positions and then makes poor decisions. However he doesn't do enough defensively.
MWWSI 2017