Mayo v Dublin, LSF, Croker 14th April

Started by highorlow, April 08, 2013, 09:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IolarCoisCuain

I'm very worried Mayo will get eaten alive on Sunday. Not sure who'll win the actual football though.

INDIANA

Mayo have beaten us in our last two knockout games in Croke Park so we have it all to do on Sunday

rrhf

Fancy the dubs to sharpen their teeth for the final.  Going forward I could see the introduction of gumshields really hampering them. 

INDIANA

Quote from: rrhf on April 09, 2013, 11:23:39 PM
Fancy the dubs to sharpen their teeth for the final.  Going forward I could see the introduction of gumshields really hampering them.

More likely to affect your lads in fairness.

rrhf

Hound

Is there extra time for these semis if its a draw, or do we go straight to a replay next week?

Tubberman

Quote from: Hound on April 10, 2013, 12:09:17 PM
Is there extra time for these semis if its a draw, or do we go straight to a replay next week?

Was extra-time last year anyway - we needed it against Kerry.
Presume it'll be the same again this year.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

From the Bunker

Quote from: highorlow on April 08, 2013, 09:43:55 AM
With both teams now safely back in Div 1 and still in their 'championship training schedules' this game will be won by the team that treats it as less of a hindrance. The only thing that will concern both managers is avoiding injuries. Won't be any heavy tackles going in from either side and expect a high scoring game with plenty of goals.

If there's plenty of goals, Dublin will win as we (Mayo) don't score goals. Dublin the form team. I expect them to get a safe four point win.

AMayoFan

Weather permitting I'm expecting Sunday to be a cracking game of football.  Mayo are capable of winning and there backs are on a upward spiral when measure since they last played Dublin.  They did a fantastic job on Murphy & McFadden against Donegal a few weeks back, and there second half performance that day really saved us (I think they were two or three Donegal scoring chances which they turned over at a pivotal point in the game).  With that in mind, I'm hoping we can keep Brogan quieter than 1-10!  How much quieter I haven't a clue lol.

However, we're not scoring enough and unless that changes we won't beat this Dublin team.  They're playing lovely football and are shutting teams attacks off  very effectively, while scoring loads.  Their are well organised and their system is working.  I think Mayo have turned a corner with the last two wins, but they have problems to sort out & this is the time of year to find those and work on for Galway Championship game.

Dublin to win, with a real improved performance from Mayo, but midfield domination not turned into scores.

From the Bunker

Mayo football fans were more worried about getting a result against Cork last weekend and seem to care little or nothing about Sunday. It seems staying with the big boys in Division One is way more important than winning an actual (League) Title.  Anyway good to get another competitive game and shorten the weeks to playing Galway on the 19th May (just over five weeks away). If (and that's a big if) we get to the final that will bring us two weeks closer as the final is on the 28th of April. No one in Connacht has done 3 in a row since Galway 82-84 and Galway will be out to keep that stat in tact.

ross4life

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 11, 2013, 05:33:09 PM
Mayo football fans were more worried about getting a result against Cork last weekend and seem to care little or nothing about Sunday. It seems staying with the big boys in Division One is way more important than winning an actual (League) Title.  Anyway good to get another competitive game and shorten the weeks to playing Galway on the 19th May (just over five weeks away). If (and that's a big if) we get to the final that will bring us two weeks closer as the final is on the 28th of April. No one in Connacht has done 3 in a row since Galway 82-84 and Galway will be out to keep that stat in tact.

3 in a row is formality for Mayo at this stage. The main question is can they do 4 in a row which was last done by the mighty men of Roscommon.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

southsidejohnny

And can i say, a very good Roscommon outfit. were worthy of at least one All Ireland then...sufficed with a league I think. Finneran, Earley, Lindsay, McManus, keegan, left it behind them v Dubs semi final 1979.

From the Bunker

Quote from: ross4life on April 11, 2013, 07:08:24 PM

3 in a row is formality for Mayo at this stage. The main question is can they do 4 in a row which was last done by the mighty men of Roscommon.

Do you think so? Jez there is always a sting in the tail in Connacht championship when it comes to Roscommon and Galway. And I would not be discounting Sligo either. We did not exactly roll Sligo over in the Connacht final last year!

sans pessimism

Shit, wrong thread-thought this was the Dubs v Mayo league sf  page 
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 11, 2013, 08:19:09 PM
Quote from: ross4life on April 11, 2013, 07:08:24 PM

Do you think so? Jez there is always a sting in the tail in Connacht championship when it comes to Roscommon and Galway. And I would not be discounting Sligo either. We did not exactly roll Sligo over in the Connacht final last year!

No, Sligo don't roll over for anyone if they get their dander up, like they did in the first half last year.

Back to the topic, I don't see Mayo getting a win on Sunday, but they should treat each and every game from now on as a championship match. Let's see how far that attitude - if it's shown by the players - brings them on Sunday anyway. If not, I expect Dublin to win easily.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.