Donegal on slippery slope?

Started by ck, April 08, 2013, 09:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

What's a little nibbling between friends anyways?

oakleafgael

Quote from: heffo on May 10, 2013, 11:02:45 AM
Quote from: screenexile on May 10, 2013, 10:48:57 AM
Quote from: heffo on May 10, 2013, 10:46:35 AM
Quote from: Fuzzman on May 10, 2013, 10:43:40 AM
I think it was vital that McGuinness made some sort of statement as their silence since the incident has created a strange sort of mystery around the whole incident, which the Dubs and some others have clung onto and turned the whole thing on its head.
I think that's why Jimmy highlights that McBrearty was actually the victim here and lets not forget that but a lot of people on here seem to not believe that and seem to be stating that Donegal are lying about the whole incident.

I know a lot of ye are fed up discussing this at this stage but I'd be curious how many of ye think Donegal are lying and how many believe that an incident did happen but they just couldn't prove it.
In my eyes I believe the latter.

You're entitled to your opinion however uninformed it may be.

Heffo this is getting ridiculous now. You and Indiana claim to have the inside track and know what went on yet are unwilling to post the whole story? You're making yourselves out to be totally unreasonable and blinkered Dublin supporters.

If you have information that we are not party to then why now share it and enlighten us all.

If you're not then it's clearly looking like O'Brien bit McBrearty. Is he going to deny that he apologised to McBrearty after the match? Is the Dublin doctor going to come out and say he didn't accept there was a bite at the time?

Unless you can fill us in Dublin are coming out worst in this!!!!

I'll say it 100% - there was no bite. An incident took place between the players and neither was worse than the other. They shook hands after the game as both were guilty - there was never an apology from either player to the best of my knowledge.

This was driven by two people in the Donegal setup - one member of mgt and one officer of the board.

There was another good reason why McBrearty didn't turn up at the hearing (aside from the fact there was no bite) - I've already alluded to that and until it's published in the media somewhere (which I've no doubt it will be) I'm not going to say anything further.

Im sorry Heffo but there was 100% a bite. Who done it is subject of debate but as I said earlier there is independent medical evidence that McBrearty was biten.

orangeman

Where is the 100% independent medical evidence that Paddy Mc Brearty was bitten by a Dublin player ?

Can someone provide this evidence ?

Hardy

He bit himself. Would that sort this out?

Aaron Boone

Whitnail

Quote from: Aaron Boone on May 11, 2013, 12:28:10 AM
He didn't turn up.

A few here see that as an indication that he made it up. Don't understand that.
If that was the case where is the  public outrage from the Dublin camp, the manager, staff and players , the accused who has apparently been 'falsley' accused. Where is the slander charge?

It is alot more logical judging from the  public silence from the Dublin camp that McBrearty was apologized to and that an agreement was made between the two players that McBrearty would not show up and thereby essentially ending the matter.

The Dublin lad escapes a ban and forever being referred to as 'The biter' (or worse).
McBrearty escapes the stigma of being judged as 'The rat' who squealed on him.

If the truth ever comes out I'd be glad to put money on  that being the reason right now.

Zulu

I really don't know what to make of this but the GAA disciplinary process looks like a farce and either Donegal or Dublin appear to be lying as they have polar opposite views of the incident. If one party is lying then it shouldn't be left fade away as it surely will. Below is from the Irish Examiner.

Dublin chairman Andy Kettle said Kevin O'Brien has been "pilloried" as a result of bite allegations made against him and rejected some of the claims made by Jim McGuinness.

Admitting the Donegal manager's comments surprised him somewhat, Kettle said he was deeply disappointed at how the defender's name was besmirched anecdotally during the process.

"As in Common Law, we would always feel that a player is innocent until proven guilty and the Dublin player cited has been pilloried, for want of a better word, while being exonerated by the procedure."

He added: "As far as Dublin are concerned, yes, it's over. There was a Dublin player cited, he went through the disciplinary procedure of the organisation. There was found to be no evidence against him so as far as Dublin are concerned it's over and finished with."

At Donegal's press night on Thursday ahead of their May 26 Ulster quarter-final against Tyrone, McGuinness stated the Dublin medic had agreed with his Donegal counterpart that McBrearty had been bitten.

"Our doctor confirmed he was bit," McGuinness had pointed out. "The Dublin doctor confirmed he was bit. The hospital who took him in confirmed he was bit. The player in question apologised to him after the game for what he had done."

Kettle had previously said their doctor had determined it was a bruise and he stood by his comments.

Speaking at Dublin's open evening in Ballyboden St Endas yesterday, he said: "That's quite correct. You can have several interpretations of bruises and lacerations. Well, one is a broken skin, the other is not. It certainly was not broken skin."

Kettle also questioned McGuinness's claim that O'Brien had apologised to McBrearty after the game. "That's not my information. They probably shook hands as players normally do after a match."

Kettle also admitted Dublin would have accepted the Central Hearings Committee's decision were they in Donegal's position.

Asked if he was disappointed McGuinness had raised the issue two weeks after O'Brien was cleared, Kettle responded: "Dublin would have accepted the verdict of the disciplinary process and left it at that. That's the way we would have handled it."
Share on printShare on email

orangeman

Jim's not for turning.

What does a bite look like anyway ?.

McGuinness was also vexed by the fact that it would appear the CHC were blaming McBrearty for not appearing at the hearing, and that for this reason O'Brien's ban was not upheld.

He said: "There's an apportion of blame there, which I don't like. I don't like the apportion of the blame. Patrick is without blame in this situation.

"He was bit, and was a victim of that bite.
"To point a finger and say that it was Patrick's fault on the back of that - I think it's wrong.

heffo

Quote from: sIDo on May 11, 2013, 02:13:45 PM
Quote from: Zulu on May 11, 2013, 09:48:13 AM
I really don't know what to make of this but the GAA disciplinary process looks like a farce and either Donegal or Dublin appear to be lying as they have polar opposite views of the incident. If one party is lying then it shouldn't be left fade away as it surely will. Below is from the Irish Examiner.

Dublin chairman Andy Kettle said Kevin O'Brien has been "pilloried" as a result of bite allegations made against him and rejected some of the claims made by Jim McGuinness.

Admitting the Donegal manager's comments surprised him somewhat, Kettle said he was deeply disappointed at how the defender's name was besmirched anecdotally during the process.

"As in Common Law, we would always feel that a player is innocent until proven guilty and the Dublin player cited has been pilloried, for want of a better word, while being exonerated by the procedure."

He added: "As far as Dublin are concerned, yes, it's over. There was a Dublin player cited, he went through the disciplinary procedure of the organisation. There was found to be no evidence against him so as far as Dublin are concerned it's over and finished with."

At Donegal's press night on Thursday ahead of their May 26 Ulster quarter-final against Tyrone, McGuinness stated the Dublin medic had agreed with his Donegal counterpart that McBrearty had been bitten.

"Our doctor confirmed he was bit," McGuinness had pointed out. "The Dublin doctor confirmed he was bit. The hospital who took him in confirmed he was bit. The player in question apologised to him after the game for what he had done."

Kettle had previously said their doctor had determined it was a bruise and he stood by his comments.

Speaking at Dublin's open evening in Ballyboden St Endas yesterday, he said: "That's quite correct. You can have several interpretations of bruises and lacerations. Well, one is a broken skin, the other is not. It certainly was not broken skin."

Kettle also questioned McGuinness's claim that O'Brien had apologised to McBrearty after the game. "That's not my information. They probably shook hands as players normally do after a match."

Kettle also admitted Dublin would have accepted the Central Hearings Committee's decision were they in Donegal's position.

Asked if he was disappointed McGuinness had raised the issue two weeks after O'Brien was cleared, Kettle responded: "Dublin would have accepted the verdict of the disciplinary process and left it at that. That's the way we would have handled it."
Share on printShare on email

i do know what to make of this..The above article is a non-event.

Andy Kettle only rejects 'some' of the claims. Which ones did reject and which did he accept? That he was disappointed how the biters name was besmirched, the poor wee pet.

Dublin are hanging onto the absolute balls the CHC have made here. Dublin supporters are treating the whole event like its the high court. The CHC, for reasons only known to themselves, let O'Brien off with this most savage of act on a fellow gael on a football pitch, man therefore innocent in their 'court' proceedings. Therefore, NO bite. Done deal, issue over as far as Dublin are concerned. The facts are that O'Brien bit McBrearty. The dogs in the street know this. All the evidence was there. A complete haims by the GAA. Only Dublin (with a history of biting) come out of this badly. Now add in a little innuendo to muddy the waters from a couple of blinkered Dubs on this site. Some mixture

Personally i would not have banned O'Brien for life. I would have given him a year. Men do and act differently in the heat of a battle with the adrenlin pumping. Everyone deserves a second chance.

There is no evidence there and your post is libelous.

muppet

sIDo, if I was close to the Dublin player you are making allegations about, I would be advising him to meet you to court.
MWWSI 2017

Lar Naparka

Quote from: muppet on May 11, 2013, 05:01:15 PM
sIDo, if I was close to the Dublin player you are making allegations about, I would be advising him to meet you to court.
Methinks I sniff a troll lurking around somewhere.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

muppet

Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 11, 2013, 07:06:16 PM
Quote from: muppet on May 11, 2013, 05:01:15 PM
Methinks I sniff a troll lurking around somewhere.

Troll or not it is dangerous territory.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/ryanair-secures-order-to-reveal-details-of-anonymous-web-posters-584535.html
MWWSI 2017

heffo

Quote from: sIDo on May 11, 2013, 08:17:03 PM
Post retracted! Was having a bad day

Delete your posts so you clown

johnpower

Sad state if affairs 2 top teams embroiled in this . No disciplinary system can deal with this. One side or the other is totally wrong if it is Dublin deal with it or if it is Donegal why is it been made up? I.

highorlow

Shock and Horror, Donegal are victims again........
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go