AI U21 Championship

Started by Dinny Breen, April 06, 2013, 08:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on May 05, 2013, 12:16:13 AM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 04, 2013, 09:06:44 PM
Never thought they would win with Walsh having such an unusually quiet game. Don't think he scored from play and even missed a few frees.

He'll need a year or two before he's ready for senior.
Needs time to mature both mentally and physically.

He deserves to start in two weeks time and if he doesn't Galway may as well start cutting off the white parts of their flags and start waving them when Mayo arrive at Pearse. I'd start Ian Burke or Aidrian Varley before Walsh but neither are remotely near the Galway starting 15 this year.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on May 05, 2013, 12:29:42 AM
Never thought they would win with Walsh having such an unusually quiet game. Don't think he scored from play and even missed a few frees.

He deserves to start in two weeks time and if he doesn't Galway may as well start cutting off the white parts of their flags and start waving them when Mayo arrive at Pearse. I'd start Ian Burke or Aidrian Varley before Walsh but neither are remotely near the Galway starting 15 this year.

I were to pick one of those three forwards on todays display to start against Mayo it would be Ian Burke.

Bod Mor

Congrats to our neighbours. Well done. A great victory and a boost for Connacht in general.
Mulryan to be called into the senior panel?
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

GalwayBayBoy

Very possibly. Fantastic talent but he's only 19. Was brilliant in virtually every game but just wasn't at the races in the final.

We have a conveyer belt of talent coming through (this year's minors are meant to be the best we've had in a fair while. Swept the Connacht league). But converting young talent into senior talent isn't a straightforward task. At least there is some hope for the future. I will make no predictions of future success anyway.

Jinxy

There was a Kevin Walsh vibe about O'Curraoin yesterday.
I'd kill for a young midfielder like him.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

rodney trotter

Flynn was quiet yesterday at Midfield unlike 2011 when he had a great game against Cavan. O'Curraoin had a great game that day aswell

Syferus

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 05, 2013, 11:15:18 AM
Flynn was quiet yesterday at Midfield unlike 2011 when he had a great game against Cavan. O'Curraoin had a great game that day aswell

Thought he really came into the game in the second half, took over from FOC after Cork had their spell and closed the game out. He's only back from a serious knee injury so I can't imagine he's 100%.

emmetryan

Hi lads,

Tactical analysis of Galway's win over Cork up here http://action81.com/blog/?p=7217

Emmet
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com