Iconic GAA Statements and Utterances.

Started by 5 Sams, April 04, 2013, 10:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Decided to put this on here as well as there might some great lines with tenious links to GAA activity.

Tá daoine ar áis i nGalliamh agus tá gliondar ina gcroí. J Connolly
The worst kind of fuckin animals. P Sé
Thanks Offaly. P Doherty

Please add your own. I've loads more.
The Aristocrat Years

Orior

"Move back!"  McGeeney, September 2002
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

laoislad

"God save our gracious Queen"  - Billy Sheehan
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Gaffer

"Get the balls into  them". Sean Cavanagh in tunnel running out onto  Croke Park for second half for second half of Armagh game.  Think it was in 03.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Eamonnca1

Syferus

stephenite

Quote from: hardstation on April 04, 2013, 11:14:13 PM
We are only doing this to sicken those Brit cúnts.

Michael Cusack, 1/11/1884

NIce one :D

southdown

We were the team that beat the team that couln't be beaten" - Paddy O'Rourke 1991

Nally Stand

"Brian Dooher is a bad player, if Tyrone win an All-Ireland with Brian Dooher, I'll eat my hat"
Colm O'Rourke.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

"My false teeth are comin' out"
Eddie Moroney
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

"Dirty b*****ds hi"
Joe Sheridan, at home watchimg a documentary on sports cheats.

ONeill

"Remember lads, keep it clean."
Sean Boylan, All Ireland semi-final 1996.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

angermanagement

Quote from: southdown on April 05, 2013, 08:53:12 AM
We were the team that beat the team that couln't be beaten" - Paddy O'Rourke 1991

Was it not Pete McGrath who said that ?

muppet

I was at a function years ago where a former Galway great gave a speech. I think it was one of the Connollys but I could be wrong, there was much mirth and consumption. During the speech he told a story from boarding school, in St Mary's, regarding great battles with the locals. These locals were known as Shannies and were always to be feared as much for their willingness to beat you to a pulp as for their vast numbers. Our speaker found himself in a small group of heroic boarders pursued by a garrison of Shannies when a boarder, another hurler, joined them. He had broken open the hurl cupboard and brought the contents to the gang. He handed out the hurls, one by one, and like the great Leonidas, echoing of Battle of Thermopylae, led a successful defence against all the odds with the following battlecry:

"Come on Turlough!".
MWWSI 2017

Nally Stand

"Admin, can we merge these threads?"
Eamonnca1