getting to white hart lane

Started by tyroneman, April 03, 2013, 07:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

Is it far to walk.from the nearest tube stop?

T Fearon

Fair old hike.Over a mile from Tottenham Hale and two from Seven Sisters.No problem going to match.Loads of buses up from Seven Sisters.However you havent a chance of getting a bus back down to the Tube unless you're prepared to wait for an hour after the game.

God14

Depends where ur coming from, there's an overground train from Liverpool street station to Tottenham Central.
If ur coming from Kings Cross St Pancras, then Tony's spot on. Personally I'd take the Piccadilly line to wood green for a few pints before and get a bus from there to Tottenham.

Football banter aside, The Tottenham area is truely horrendous. Spend as little time as possible there.

T Fearon

Getting to the Lane isn't a problem.It's the return journey when the High Road traffic is chockers.Quickest way to Central London or Airport is to hoof it down to either Tottenham Hale or Seven Sisters.

tyroneman

Will be in central London. By fair old hike do u mean over 2 miles?

Is it safe enough to walk back.to the tube from whl if its an evening game?

Eamonnca1

thewobbler

Quote from: tyroneman on April 03, 2013, 09:10:13 PM
Will be in central London. By fair old hike do u mean over 2 miles?

Is it safe enough to walk back.to the tube from whl if its an evening game?
Tottenham / Seven Sisters is a dump, and isn't a place you'd walk around out of choice. But it is (in my experience) perfectly safe on match days as there's literally thousands of people going in every direction, plus there's a police presence.

Much as getting on a bus sounds like no fun, I'd recommend taking a bus to Seven Sisters over trying to get on at Tottenham Hale. The latter is a small station and the queues for trains tend to be a mile long.

T Fearon

Yes.2 miles from Seven Sisters.Safe enough at night if youre coming from a game as you 'll be among throngs of Spurs fans walking down to the Tube.Dangerous if you were alone on largely deserted streets around Tottenham though.

Not too bad.Remember leaving WHL around 10pm on the evening of the 125th anniversary game versus Villa,and after hoofing it down to Seven Sisters I was in bed in the luxurious Easyjet Hotel,near Victoria Station, in bed, and reading the match programme at 11pm,exactly one hour after leaving the Lane.

ONeill

Quote from: T Fearon on April 03, 2013, 09:31:51 PM

Not too bad.Remember leaving WHL around 10pm on the evening of the 125th anniversary game versus Villa,and after hoofing it down to Seven Sisters I was in bed in the luxurious Easyjet Hotel,near Victoria Station, in bed, and reading the match programme at 11pm,exactly one hour after leaving the Lane.

Living the life of it, Tone. Living the life.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Aaron Boone

Should they have pushed for Stratford and the Olympic stadium?

T Fearon

Best hotel I ever stayed in Shane,even better than Burj Al Arab.When you sat on the pot for a crap,your feet were in the shower!  ;D

T Fearon

No Spurs were right not to relocate to the East end.Our roots are and should stay in North London.We don't want to be itinerants like another N.London club whose roots are in Woolwich.

Farrandeelin

So the 'real' North London derby would be Spurs and Barnet if Arsenal hadn't moved?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

T Fearon

Every game in London is a derby now.Spurs have a keen rivalry with both West Ham and Chelsea as well,with no love lost.

Gaffer

Jaysus you'd be better off switching your loyalties to the Arsenal.

Piccadilly line to Holloway Road. Off you get and 5 minute dander to the Emirates.

After match get on at the Arsenal tube which is a 10 minute dander.

Far handier and a better class of person you ll meet as well.

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"