FRC proposals...black cards, marks etc

Started by yellowcard, March 19, 2013, 07:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballymac

Copied from GAA website

Disciplinary Procedure

The Gaelic Football Rule Changes which become operative on 1 January 2014 are as follows:
1. Introduction of a Black Card for Cynical Behaviour Fouls.
2. Change in the number of substitutes allowed.
3. Distinction between Deliberate and Accidental Fouls.
4. Definition of the Tackle.
5. Introduction of a clearer Advantage Rule.
6. A player in possession may score a point with an open-handed hand-pass.

Cynical Behaviour Fouls
1. Deliberately pull down an opponent.
2. Deliberately trip an opponent with the hand(s), arm, leg or foot.
3. Deliberately body collide with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of a movement of play.
4. Threaten or to use abusive or provocative language or gestures to an opponent or a teammate.
5. Remonstrate in an aggressive manner with a Match Official.
The penalty for the above fouls are:
i. Free Kick from where the foul occurred.
ii. Order Off offender by showing him a Black Card*.
iii. Allow a replacement from within the substitutions permitted*.
*Substitutes
• Increased to SIX per team.
• Maximum of THREE permitted for Black Card Offenders.

Immediate Ordering Off Infractions (Red Cards)
1. Striking or attempting to strike with arm, elbow, hand, knee or head.
2. Kicking or attempting to kick with minimal force or with force or causing injury.
3. Behaving in any way which is dangerous to an opponent.
4. Spitting at an opponent.
5. Contributing to a melee.
6. Stamping.
7. Inflicting injury recklessly.
8. Abusive language towards a Referee, Umpire, Linesman or Sideline Official.
These are unchanged.

Cautionable Infractions (Yellow Cards)
1. To block or attempt to block with the boot when an opponent is kicking the ball from the hand(s).
2. To prevent or attempt to prevent an opponent from lifting or kicking the ball off the ground by striking an opponent's hand, arm, foot or leg with the boot.
3. To engage in any other form of rough play.
4. To attempt to achieve an advantage by feigning a foul or injury.
The above are all currently existing Yellow Card Infractions.

Noting Infractions
1. To hold an opponent with the hand(s).
2. To use the fist on or around the body of an opponent for the purpose of dispossessing him of the ball.
3. To charge an opponent in the back or to the front.
4. To charge an opponent:
i. Who is not in possession of the ball, or
ii. Is in the act of kicking the ball, or
iii. If both players are not moving in the direction of the ball to play it.
5. To charge an opponent for the purpose of giving an advantage to a team-mate.
Noting Infractions remain unchanged – Two Notings result in a Caution (Yellow Card) with a third resulting in an Order Off (second Yellow, followed by Red).

Suspensions
At all levels a Black Card results in a player missing the remainder of the game.
Additionally at Senior Inter County Level:
3 x Black Cards = 1 Game suspension
3 x Double Yellow Cards = 1 Game suspension
OR
A Combination of both (totaling 3) = 1 Game suspension
Only in senior inter-county league and championship games within the same year.
At All Other Levels:
2 x Double Yellows within 48 weeks = 2 week suspension
2 x Yellow followed by a Black Card within 48 weeks = 2 week suspension
OR
A combination of both = 2 week suspension
At all levels except senior inter-county league and championship.
Deliberate v Accidental Fouls
A Card shall be issued only where the Infraction is deemed by the Referee to have been deliberate and not accidental.

The Tackle
The Tackle is re-defined as:
"The Tackle is a skill by which a player may dispossess an opponent or frustrate his objective within the Rules of Fair Play. The tackle is aimed at the ball, not the player. The tackler may use his body to confront the opponent but deliberate bodily contact (such as punching, slapping, arm holding, pushing, tripping, jersey pulling or a full frontal charge) is forbidden. The only deliberate physical contact can be a Fair Charge i.e. Shoulder-to-shoulder with at least one foot on the ground. More than one player can tackle the player in possession."
Advantage
Advantage Rule is defined as:
"When a foul is committed the referee may allow the play to continue if he considers it to be to the advantage of the offended team. He shall signal that advantage by raising an arm upright. If he deems no advantage to have occurred, he may subsequently award a free for that foul from where it occurred*. The referee shall allow the advantage to run by maintaining his arm in the upright position for up to five seconds after the initial foul or for less time if it becomes clear that no advantage has accrued. He shall apply any relevant disciplinary action."

All fairly straight forward. There should be no confusion now. 8)
A tackle has to be on the ball, the only physical contact is shoulder to shoulder when both players have one foot on the ground, and neither is in the act of kicking the ball. Bear hugs not allowed. So lets look forward to the national league which will be full of free flowing attacking football. Not everyone's idea of football but that's where this is headed.

Hopefully refs can keep up with this fast flowing football. Will we see the need for two or more refs? Perhaps they will have black and white jerseys and carry yellow dusters.  :D

Milltown Row2

Was at a referees course last night, didn't get an answer to a question I asked, I'm near sure Pat answered back in November but can't remember.

If a player is fouled and referee allows advantage and that player moves forward 20 odd yards and is fouled again, will play be brought back to the original position or can the referee allow more adavantage or give the free from that position?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Zulu

Surely you either give the free for the second foul or give an additional advantage?

smort

I would hope the free kick would be given at the spot of the second foul if it is more advantageous.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Zulu on January 21, 2014, 08:59:43 PM
Surely you either give the free for the second foul or give an additional advantage?

Not sure still
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

orangeman

In club football, does the accumulation of 3 black or yellow cards get you a 1 game suspension ?

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 21, 2014, 10:06:39 PM

Not sure still

I don't see why this needs clarification. The first foul resulted in advantage being played.
The player was fouled again - this is a successful advantage resulting in the player being in possession of the ball at the end of the play, whether that is in possession by way of another advantage or the ball in hand for a free kick.

The only reason you would go back is if he received no advantage - a free kick 20m on is an advantage.
Hasta la victoria siempre

Hound

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on January 22, 2014, 02:03:44 AM

Not sure still

I don't see why this needs clarification. The first foul resulted in advantage being played.
The player was fouled again - this is a successful advantage resulting in the player being in possession of the ball at the end of the play, whether that is in possession by way of another advantage or the ball in hand for a free kick.

The only reason you would go back is if he received no advantage - a free kick 20m on is an advantage.
Absolutely. Once the second foul happens (further up the field), the first advantage is over, and a new advantage begins from the spot of the 2nd foul.
So the ref either plays on if advantage accrues or brings it back to the spot of the 2nd foul if no further advantage arises. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: orangeman on January 22, 2014, 12:50:13 AM
In club football, does the accumulation of 3 black or yellow cards get you a 1 game suspension ?
Quote from: Hound on January 22, 2014, 08:48:55 AM
Quote from: Never beat the deeler on January 22, 2014, 02:03:44 AM

Not sure still

Absolutely. Once the second foul happens (further up the field), the first advantage is over, and a new advantage begins from the spot of the 2nd foul.
So the ref either plays on if advantage accrues or brings it back to the spot of the 2nd foul if no further advantage arises. 

So any player can take advantage from one goal line to another providing the the referee has his hand in the air and the player is being fouled and advantage given!!

Quote from: orangeman on January 22, 2014, 12:50:13 AM

I believe it does Orangeman

blewuporstuffed

The only issue i would have with the advantage rule is that already i have seen a couple of referees interpret  it as , when the advantage is being given , the player in possession can take as many steps as he likes.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Milltown Row2

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 22, 2014, 09:45:16 AM
The only issue i would have with the advantage rule is that already i have seen a couple of referees interpret  it as , when the advantage is being given , the player in possession can take as many steps as he likes.

The reason it may look like that is because the player has been allowed to shake off a player who's fouling him, so the referee allows 'advantage' old style and he can take the extra 4 steps each time he's been grappled at. Some referees blow for the foul and give nothing

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 22, 2014, 10:03:26 AM

The reason it may look like that is because the player has been allowed to shake off a player who's fouling him, so the referee allows 'advantage' old style and he can take the extra 4 steps each time he's been grappled at. Some referees blow for the foul and give nothing
but this is exactly my point, the fact that he is being fouled and the referee is playing the advantage shouldn't mean he can gain that advantage by commiting a foul himself.
He should be allowed to play on within the normal rules of the game, if he overcarries or whatever due to the original foul, the play should be taken back and the original free given, not let him play on with a free reign to do what he wants!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Zulu

But the foul prevents him from playing the ball legitimately so if you were to interpret as you are suggesting then every arm pull would result in a stoppage of play and a free. I think it is better to allow a player who is being fouled more steps within his advantage to keep the game flowing and prevent the fouler gaining an advantage by stopping play.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Zulu on January 22, 2014, 02:26:38 PM
But the foul prevents him from playing the ball legitimately so if you were to interpret as you are suggesting then every arm pull would result in a stoppage of play and a free. I think it is better to allow a player who is being fouled more steps within his advantage to keep the game flowing and prevent the fouler gaining an advantage by stopping play.

players already get away with far to many steps, the last thing we need is to start allowing more!
That would leave it pretty much impossible to tackle a player once the advantage is given as he doesnt have to play the ball at all!
Surely the normal rules must still apply whether an advantage rule is being applied or not.

The problem is that its all very subjective and this will lead to referees having their own interpretation of it and yet more inconsistency in the application of the rules

Milltown Row2

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 22, 2014, 02:11:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 22, 2014, 10:03:26 AM

but this is exactly my point, the fact that he is being fouled and the referee is playing the advantage shouldn't mean he can gain that advantage by commiting a foul himself.
He should be allowed to play on within the normal rules of the game, if he overcarries or whatever due to the original foul, the play should be taken back and the original free given, not let him play on with a free reign to do what he wants!

You are not reading my post, the bit in bold, many a time a player is given advantage if the he's being grappled at the referee in most cases were allowing the extra steps to break free of the tackle, now if he continues to do so the referee may blow or again allow more steps. Now no referee will allow a player to take more than 4/5 steps in a game on purpose.  Or give him a free reign to do what he wants, what county are you from? The referees must be terrible ;)

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 22, 2014, 02:35:47 PM
Quote from: Zulu on January 22, 2014, 02:26:38 PM

players already get away with far to many steps, the last thing we need is to start allowing more!
That would leave it pretty much impossible to tackle a player once the advantage is given as he doesnt have to play the ball at all!
Surely the normal rules must still apply whether an advantage rule is being applied or not.

The problem is that its all very subjective and this will lead to referees having their own interpretation of it and yet more inconsistency in the application of the rules

Is it fair to say you are a perfectionist and follow the rules religiously and never fall foul of them? When you watch a match you will have a view on it, someone standing on the otherside of the pitch supporting the other team will have a different view some parts will be the same, some incidents will be recalled differently, who's right?