Kildare v Tyrone. Sunday 24th March 2.30pm.

Started by omagh_gael, March 17, 2013, 08:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rois

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 22, 2013, 02:02:09 PM
So I take it from that Rois we can expect to see at least Clarke & maybe RoN

No idea Fuzz, just asked the PRO about the U21s last night as I was in a meeting with him when he sent the team announcement.

As an aside, we had our first committee meeting in Garvaghey last night.  Seniors were training on one pitch, minors on another, referees doing fitness tests on another.  Other committees elsewhere in the building.  It was brilliant to see the hive of activity.
And I can report that club teams have booked and used it, schools matches have been played up there, and whilst nowhere near the finished article, it is very encouraging at this early stage.

Donnellys Hollow

1 Mark Donnellan (Maynooth)
2 Ollie Lyons (Celbridge)
3 Mick Foley (Athy)
4 Hugh McGrillen (Celbridge)
5 Emmet Bolton (Eadestown)
6 Peter Kelly (Two Mile House)
7 Eoin Doyle (Naas)
8 Hugh Lynch (Confey)
9 Pádraig O'Neill (St Laurence's)
10 Éamonn Callaghan (Naas)
11 Eoghan O'Flaherty (Carbury)
12 Morgan O'Flaherty (Carbury)
13 Seánie Johnston (St Kevin's)
14 Tomás O'Connor (Clane)
15 Ronan Sweeney (Moorefield)
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

Hopefully Leper gets a good 50-60 minutes under his belt, it's great to see the young lads pushing through but we missed him around the middle third. Great to be able to experiment for the last 2 games, real competition for all places.
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Flutehook

Quote from: ONeill on March 22, 2013, 08:36:40 PM
Do we need injections to go to Kildare?

Looking a yiz close-up last week I'd say you could do with some injections of pace in yer FB line.

Fuzzman

Ye walked into that wan O'Neill.

Ye might get frost bite though

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Lazlo Panaflex

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on March 22, 2013, 06:25:35 PM
1 Mark Donnellan (Maynooth)
2 Ollie Lyons (Celbridge)
3 Mick Foley (Athy)
4 Hugh McGrillen (Celbridge)
5 Emmet Bolton (Eadestown)
6 Peter Kelly (Two Mile House)
7 Eoin Doyle (Naas)
8 Hugh Lynch (Confey)
9 Pádraig O'Neill (St Laurence's)
10 Éamonn Callaghan (Naas)
11 Eoghan O'Flaherty (Carbury)
12 Morgan O'Flaherty (Carbury)
13 Seánie Johnston (St Kevin's)
14 Tomás O'Connor (Clane)
15 Ronan Sweeney (Moorefield)

Great to see leper back but if that's the team that starts I'd expect a Tyrone win. The forward line lacks a bit of punch.

I heard Hurley and Cribben were called up to the senior squad which is positive too. We could really do with Hurley getting experience around the middle.

omagh_gael

According to todays Herald  Kyle Coney will only be sidelined for 4-6 weeks instead of the 12 weeks reported earlier in the week.

Sigersonbhoy

Quote from: Rois on March 22, 2013, 03:03:46 PM

No idea Fuzz, just asked the PRO about the U21s last night as I was in a meeting with him when he sent the team announcement.

As an aside, we had our first committee meeting in Garvaghey last night.  Seniors were training on one pitch, minors on another, referees doing fitness tests on another.  Other committees elsewhere in the building.  It was brilliant to see the hive of activity.
And I can report that club teams have booked and used it, schools matches have been played up there, and whilst nowhere near the finished article, it is very encouraging at this early stage.
Rois, it seems everyone can use Garvaghey except the County Hurlers. One of our lads was saying they werent allowed to train last night even though only 3 of the other pitches were being used so there were 2 spare pitches. In the Club Tyrone brochures I had seen the claim was that Garvaghey would be the home of all Tyrone GAA teams. Seems strange that the senior footballers have trained there at least 15 times while the senior hurlers have only been allowed in twice!!

Norf Tyrone

Are Clubs charged to use it Rois? And if so muchas?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Carmen Stateside

It seems the referees are priority over the county hurling team!

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Sigersonbhoy on March 22, 2013, 10:53:42 PM

Rois, it seems everyone can use Garvaghey except the County Hurlers. One of our lads was saying they werent allowed to train last night even though only 3 of the other pitches were being used so there were 2 spare pitches. In the Club Tyrone brochures I had seen the claim was that Garvaghey would be the home of all Tyrone GAA teams. Seems strange that the senior footballers have trained there at least 15 times while the senior hurlers have only been allowed in twice!!
Only seeing this now but I brought the same thing up on the club thread. Looking forward to hear the answer!

Minder

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on March 23, 2013, 03:47:37 AM
It seems the referees are priority over the county hurling team!

That wouldn't be a shock.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"