Kildare v Tyrone. Sunday 24th March 2.30pm.

Started by omagh_gael, March 17, 2013, 08:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffleKing

Quote from: T Fearon on March 19, 2013, 09:38:06 PM
Tyrone will surely give Kildare a better game than they did in last year's DIv 2 Final,when they were outclassed by Mc Geeney's men.

I think it was around this time last year that you described McGeeney (and a few more of your All Ireland winners) as turncoat mercenaries?

Redhand Santa

Tyrone Team v Kildare NFL Division 1
Comórtas: Sraith Náisiúnta Peil

Cluiche: Tír Eoghain  v  Cill Dara

Ionad: An Droichead Nua @2.30pm

Dáta: 24-03-13

1 Niall Morgan Éadan na dTorc

2 Aidan McCrory Aireagal Chiaráin

3 Conor Gormley An Charraig Mhór

4 Cathal McCarron An Droim Mór

5 Ryan McKenna Eaglais

6 Joe McMahon An Omaigh

7 Ronan McNamee Achadh Uí Aráin

8 Colm Cavanagh An Mhaigh

9 Sean Cavanagh An Mhaigh

10 Patrick McNiece Oileán a'Ghuail

11 Peter Harte Aireagal Chiaráin

12 Matthew Donnelly Trí Leac

13 Connor McAliskey Cluain Eo

14 Stephen O'Neill Clann na nGael

15 Mark Donnelly An Charraig Mhór

16 Pascal McConnell An Baile Nua

17 Aidan Cassidy Eochar

18 Kevin Gallagher An Baile Nua

19 Plunkett Kane Oileán a'Ghuail

20 Jonathan Lafferty Urnaí

21 Danny McBride An Srath Ban

22 Tiernan McCann Coill an Chlochair

23 Ciaran McGinley Aireagal Chiaráin

24 Justin McMahon An Omaigh

25 Michael Murphy An Gallbhaile

26 Martin Penrose An Charraig Mhór

Redhand Santa

Not overly excited by the team. McNeice keeps getting games but I just don't see him as a starter at this stage anyway. Also not sure if McKenna will be ready this year either. Though McBride might have got a go. Also guessed McConnell might have got a game - the policy has been a bit harsh on him. The one encouraging thing from the u21's last night was McCurry - from very limited supply of ball he got a couple of superb points. Was hoping he'd be involved on Sunday.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omagh_gael

Quote from: ONeill on March 21, 2013, 08:29:59 PM
Is there a rift with McCurry?

None of the u-21s named in team or subs. Perhaps they weren't considered as they would have missed the last number of training sessions. Hope to see him v Kerry.

Redhand Santa

Its hard to know if he's just been injured or whats been going on. For this week certainly looks like u21's are rested but wouldn't be surprised if they're added to the bench. Hope there's no rift cause he looks like he could be a real scoring forward for Tyrone. I'd be hopeful that he could really burst on the scene this year. Scored a couple of brilliant points last night,

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Redhand Santa

Was quiet. There really wasn't many positives to take out of last night.

nrico2006

Was getting excited at the possibility of a few changes in the Tyrone team, really cant fathom how Mattie Donnelly has started so many games as it seems other players get a chance and if they don't set the world on fire their chance is gone.  He hasn't contributed much to be honest.  McNeice is another whose inclusion is baffling.  Thought McBride, Kane or Lafferty would get starts.  McBride is a real physical and atheltic prescence that the half back line could be doing with.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Fuzzman

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 21, 2013, 09:26:54 PM

I'm always one to find a silver lining but with our senior time in transition maybe its no harm for the U21s to go out early so some of them can work with Mickey and Co.

At the start of the year I was kinda excited about seeing players like McCurry, Coney, RoN, McAliskey (how old is he) play alongside Stevie & Peter Harte.
Mickey seems so far seems to have picked players like McNeice & Mattie who will work hard and sweep back to make us harder to score against.
He knows our defence is creaking quite a bit. If I had to pick our best 6 defenders for championship time I'm not sure who would go where?
Any word on Carlin getting back soon? What's wrong with him?

Morgan seems to have nailed down the No1 jersey anyway. He seems to be a good shot stopper and stays calm under the high ball too.

Up The Middle

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 22, 2013, 12:44:15 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 21, 2013, 09:26:54 PM

I'm always one to find a silver lining but with our senior time in transition maybe its no harm for the U21s to go out early so some of them can work with Mickey and Co.

At the start of the year I was kinda excited about seeing players like McCurry, Coney, RoN, McAliskey (how old is he) play alongside Stevie & Peter Harte.
Mickey seems so far seems to have picked players like McNeice & Mattie who will work hard and sweep back to make us harder to score against.
He knows our defence is creaking quite a bit. If I had to pick our best 6 defenders for championship time I'm not sure who would go where?
Any word on Carlin getting back soon? What's wrong with him?

Morgan seems to have nailed down the No1 jersey anyway. He seems to be a good shot stopper and stays calm under the high ball too.

McAliskey played Under21 football last year
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

nrico2006

Are there any stand-out defenders/man-markers in the County who should be on the squad that maybe aren't?  Whatever happened Brendan Boggs, Ryan Pickering or PJ Quinn?  They were all earmarked as ones for the future at one stage.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Rois

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 21, 2013, 08:48:27 PM

None of the u-21s named in team or subs. Perhaps they weren't considered as they would have missed the last number of training sessions. Hope to see him v Kerry.
Think team was picked on Wed before the U21 result.  I'd say it could change.

shezam

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 22, 2013, 01:05:37 PM
Are there any stand-out defenders/man-markers in the County who should be on the squad that maybe aren't?  Whatever happened Brendan Boggs, Ryan Pickering or PJ Quinn?  They were all earmarked as ones for the future at one stage.

Dermot Carlin and PJ Quinn would make some difference to that defence. PJ is still on the panel i think.

Fuzzman

So I take it from that Rois we can expect to see at least Clarke & maybe RoN
Is Grugan anywhere near the senior team?
A lot of ye mention him but has he made his senior debut yet?

Poor PJ seems to be plagued with injuries and never seems to get a good run of games.
Will be interesting to see if Block stays at FB from here on in.

If we can beat Kildare on Sunday it will have been a very productive first year back in a very tough division.