Kildare v Tyrone. Sunday 24th March 2.30pm.

Started by omagh_gael, March 17, 2013, 08:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Both teams on a rich vein of form, only needing a point to secure a semi final spot. Both teams recorded fine victories on their travels last weekend and will be keen to keep the momentum going.

Enjoying the football this last month, great to have a game every weekend.

Fuzzman

I'd say this could be a tricky match for us.
We always seem to lift our performances when we play in Croker and whilst I was disappointed with the number of wides at half time I was happy with the number of chances we had created.

I am sure am worried about the defence though. Thought all three of our full back line got quite a roasting and they could have got more goals. I see what ye mean now about McCrory now in that he's often happy to let his man get the ball and then tackle him but often at this level you don't get that 2nd chance too often.

I see Seanie Johnston is finally getting a bit of form and notching up the scores.
Is he actually living in Kildare now or how did all that mullarkey end up?

omagh_gael

We need Myles over here to fill us in ;)

Need to keep an eye on this young Kelly lad, he's doing the business this year. Is Podge Fogarty making much head way this year? He destroyed us in the league final when he came on last year!

Lazlo Panaflex

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 19, 2013, 02:24:47 PM
We need Myles over here to fill us in ;)

Need to keep an eye on this young Kelly lad, he's doing the business this year. Is Podge Fogarty making much head way this year? He destroyed us in the league final when he came on last year!

Podge scored 1-4 from play for the U21s against Meath a couple of weeks ago but he looks to be carrying a bit of weight. Will be interesting to see how he goes tomorrow night against Laois. He's a "natural" forward so to speak.  ;)

The match against Tyrone will be a close one if our U21s play, they've been driving the performances so far this year. If they don't I think Tyrone will win comfortably enough.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Lazlo Panaflex on March 19, 2013, 02:41:11 PM
The match against Tyrone will be a close one if our U21s play, they've been driving the performances so far this year. If they don't I think Tyrone will win comfortably enough.

I'd agree with that. The difference between the Dublin and Mayo matches can be partly attributed to the u21s involvement in the latter. They bring so much energy and enthusiasm that was sorely missing against Dublin. I see no reason why they wouldn't feature on Sunday unless they are carrying a knock. If we beat Laois tomorrow the Leinster Final isn't until the 3rd of April and the senior team have a fortnight until they play Down.

Fogarty has been doing his initial army training over the past few months so that might explain why he isn't featuring for the seniors. It was good to see Dowling back the other night and Hyland also did well when he came on.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Redhand Santa

Going to be another extremely tough test for Tyrone - we'll not nothing easy from this one. I'd say Harte will make another few changes but will be demanding consistency after the Cork performance following a good win. McConnell probably deserves a game at this stage so would start him. On that note think John Devine should be praised for his commitment to Tyrone following his retirement today. Was a very decent goalkeeper.

ONeill

Was told that Mickey had promised every player a start in this season's league. Probably a load of bollocks but it'll be interesting to see the selection this Thursday.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

Tyrone will surely give Kildare a better game than they did in last year's DIv 2 Final,when they were outclassed by Mc Geeney's men.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: ONeill on March 19, 2013, 09:28:27 PM
Was told that Mickey had promised every player a start in this season's league. Probably a load of bollocks but it'll be interesting to see the selection this Thursday.

Would find it hard enough to believe. Though you'd imagine everyone who's fit will at least get some game time during the league. If he's making changes the likes of McConnell, Kane, McAliskey, McBride would be the most likely.

ONeill

They've probably nearly all started when you look at the squad.

Redhand Santa

Suppose that's true. Except for the long term injuries like Carlin, PJ and McNabb I'd say the following players haven't got a start:
McConnell
Tierney (assume he's still there?)
McBride
Lafferty
McCurry
Cassidy

Possibly one or 2 others as well.

ONeill

Redhand Santa

Quote from: ONeill on March 19, 2013, 10:42:08 PM
Is McCurry still in the squad?

I assume he's been injured. Hasn't been any talk of him and hasn't been seen since the McKenna Cup. Had scored 4 or 5 from play in the Antrim game and looked lively in the first half of the semi before being taken off.