C-Section

Started by BennyHarp, March 17, 2013, 12:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

:D Some very funny posts there lads. Especially like minders reply .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

oakleafgael

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 17, 2013, 09:01:55 AM
3 born by c section,she will be sore and tender for a good few weeks after it like the lads have said.  The other thing I would say,and it may not be an issue for you, is that you are limited to the amount of kids you can have.  We wanted at least 1 more but the doctors wouldn't let us.

BCB,

Get a second opinion, we did and number 4 arrived safely via section last October. That said we where told that 4 was def the limit.

BennyHarp,

A lot will depend on how quick a healer your other half is. Luckily herself was back on her feet after a week with each of ours.

Orior

Quote from: oakleafgael on March 17, 2013, 10:06:08 PM
3 born by c section,she will be sore and tender for a good few weeks after it like the lads have said.  The other thing I would say,and it may not be an issue for you, is that you are limited to the amount of kids you can have.  We wanted at least 1 more but the doctors wouldn't let us.

BCB,

Get a second opinion, we did and number 4 arrived safely via section last October. That said we where told that 4 was def the limit.

BennyHarp,

A lot will depend on how quick a healer your other half is. Luckily herself was back on her feet after a week with each of ours.

I was told two cesearean's were the limit. So unfortunately number 3 never seen the light of day, and frig it, he was gonna be the best centre half forward in the country, he was gonna invent a cure for cancer, and discover time travel, and make his Dad a millionaire, dammit!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

Quote from: hardstation on March 17, 2013, 10:40:51 PM
Quote from: Orior on March 17, 2013, 10:38:01 PM

BCB,

BennyHarp,

I was told two cesearean's were the limit. So unfortunately number 3 never seen the light of day, and frig it, he was gonna be the best centre half forward in the country, he was gonna invent a cure for cancer, and discover time travel, and make his Dad a millionaire, dammit!
Bastid would never have tidied his room though.

Hey that's very true. Less hassle and better without him.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: ONeill on March 17, 2013, 04:56:12 PM
Our twins were born by section. Found the whole thing fascinating. They allowed me to watch where the action was taking place.

Afterwards she'll be rightly sore for a couple of weeks. Do everything you can for her. She'll be ready for romancing at about 4 weeks.

what about the roiding, will it not take longer ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

trileacman

Had a cow went through one last Sunday, she's flying now, eating like a good 'un. It's no big deal.

Seriously though I hope it goes well for you two.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

ONeill

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on March 17, 2013, 10:55:48 PM
Quote from: ONeill on March 17, 2013, 04:56:12 PM
Our twins were born by section. Found the whole thing fascinating. They allowed me to watch where the action was taking place.

Afterwards she'll be rightly sore for a couple of weeks. Do everything you can for her. She'll be ready for romancing at about 4 weeks.

what about the roiding, will it not take longer ?

I call that romancing.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

moysider

The missus was able to push out the cubs without any sections.

But I ve had a bellyfill of Bovine CSs over the years, including siamese twins, that no local vet had ever seen before.

LeoMc

BCB,

BennyHarp,

If you put one in there they can't not take it out!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: LeoMc on March 18, 2013, 09:57:43 AM

BCB,

BennyHarp,

If you put one in there they can't not take it out!

In normal circumstances we could have gone for another but Mrs BC had an added blood clotting problem so surgery would be very dangerous.

The Gs Man

When they're stitching her back up just ask them to fit a zipper. It'll be handier for the next time.
Keep 'er lit

The Iceman

BCB,

BennyHarp,

My Mother In Law had 6 all be section so thats the first I heard of limits.
Also I have had friends who's baby was in breech and were able to get him turned in the womb and deliver naturally. It was sore on the woman but she preferred to go that route.
My Mrs had a section for the last wee lad - he was over 10lbs and they reckoned it would have been dangerous so we went along with it. As many have said its a slow recovery but you'll hardly notice it. Big difference was the time you'll have with the child right after your Wife is finished surgery - normally she would have the baby but you'll get it while she recovers. Most women will get sick from the anesthetic too.
there is also the option after a section to go back natural for the next one - takes a bit of work but it is done all the time. Called V-Back. A lot of doctors and mid-wives specialize in helping women go back that way.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Onion Bag

Good luck tomorrow Benny hope it all goes well 

both my kids were born by c-section, 1st one was an emergency one and second was like yours a planned one because of the circumstances. Your Missus will be very sore for a few weeks as the lads here have said, so you will have to step up to the plate. it will be all over in 20 mins, so no sitting about for hours and hours or even days. the one advantage of the c-section is that the child is lifted straight out so the child cant really get stressed out and comes out looking perfect as opposed to a normal birth where they can come out a bit battered, bruised and marked.

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

fearglasmor

I have two girls both C-sectioned. First was an emergency, by the infamous Mr Neary. We were just delighted everything turned out ok. I was in the theater for it but the action was screened off, just there to support my wife. The bonus for me was being brought down to give the new born her her first feed,  by bottle of course  :)

The second was born in a different hospital and they did a c-section because they could not get hold of the notes from the first one. At the height of the Mr Neary affair.

Like everyone else says, long recovery time and very sore. I think my wife got a bit of a liking for the morphine after hers. Loved pushing that little wristwatch style button.

All turned out well though.

Orior

Quote from: fearglasmor on March 19, 2013, 02:54:45 PM
I have two girls both C-sectioned. First was an emergency, by the infamous Mr Neary. We were just delighted everything turned out ok. I was in the theater for it but the action was screened off, just there to support my wife. The bonus for me was being brought down to give the new born her her first feed,  by bottle of course  :)

The second was born in a different hospital and they did a c-section because they could not get hold of the notes from the first one. At the height of the Mr Neary affair.

Like everyone else says, long recovery time and very sore. I think my wife got a bit of a liking for the morphine after hers. Loved pushing that little wristwatch style button.

All turned out well though.

My wife's first cesearean was performed by a Dr Love!