Tyrone v Kerry - Omagh - 7th April

Started by ONeill, March 15, 2013, 09:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

Quotebut sure by that measurement, wanting to know what others think of you because you're insecure, the whole of feckin' ireland is subject to cultural cringe and the whole of practically every country that ever existed is too. people may ask you proudly, what do you think of us?... but answer them in a way that's not gushing with positivity and they take it hard. there's nearly always an element of insecurity about folk, otherwise they can be egotistical arseholes. so people take it hard, because it's a natural response, like you lot do down in kerry when people say you're as thick as shit. a load of old bollocks, but sure that doesn't stop the eejit who generalises now does it?

oh, so Nordies think Kerry people are thick as shit  ::)

This is the kind of abuse we have taken from you Nordies for years...and then you get all precious when you get a response. Hypocrites !

cadence

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on April 01, 2013, 07:28:28 PM
Quotebut sure by that measurement, wanting to know what others think of you because you're insecure, the whole of feckin' ireland is subject to cultural cringe and the whole of practically every country that ever existed is too. people may ask you proudly, what do you think of us?... but answer them in a way that's not gushing with positivity and they take it hard. there's nearly always an element of insecurity about folk, otherwise they can be egotistical arseholes. so people take it hard, because it's a natural response, like you lot do down in kerry when people say you're as thick as shit. a load of old bollocks, but sure that doesn't stop the eejit who generalises now does it?

oh, so Nordies think Kerry people are thick as shit  ::)

This is the kind of abuse we have taken from you Nordies for years...and then you get all precious when you get a response. Hypocrites !

you're so predictable... there you go stereotyping "nordie" people (as you call us) and me as having certain thoughts about kerry people. i can only speak for myself, as i'm merely from donegal, and in now way am representative of everyone from donegal, or those you consider to be "nordies" either, but i don't think kerry people are thick as shit. i think you're an ignoramus because you're rude and deliberately offensive, like a true troll, but that's different from thinking you're thick. you're just throw insults at people and when you're taken up on your shitty behaviour you cry foul.

i find your accusation hypocritical if i'm being honest, coming from you who loves to stereotype tyrone people or those you deem as "nordie" people. but if i must clarify my position for you, fair enough... the point i made that you didn't get was that generalisations, including those about people from your own county, or anywhere else for that matter, are a load of old bollocks, i.e, that these generalisations/stereotypes are not a truthful representation of the complexity and diversity of a social group.

so, just to clear things up for you, i think you're rude and ignorant and i don't think people from kerry are thick as shit. does that help you in any way?

Syferus

For God sake lads, 'Mike Sheehy' is a troll account by someone who divines far too much fun from winding suckers up. I dare you to look through his post history and find a single one that isn't insulting or overly combative. I'd doubt he's even from Kerry and if he is he's Pat Spillane.

nrico2006

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 31, 2013, 11:52:25 PM
Thats cause if your naming the best team of the past 30yrs there be likely 6 kerry men on it off hand, u look at the same Tyrone team over the same period you have P Canavan. Kerry had a better team , Tyrone a better system and manager. If the current Donegal team played one on one, they get creamed by Cork and Dublin and possible Tyrone as well.  Dara O`Se was better than S Canvanagh, T`OSe was better than P Jordan, the gooch was better than S O`Neill, D 0`Sullivan/P Galvin was better than B Dooher. Tyrone had a very good team, kerry had some legendary players who played in 7 all-irelands.

Its this sort of dung talk that makes me laugh.  The system beat Kerry not the players.  I have heard some amount of excuses about why Tyrone have beat Kerry over the years, people down that way can't seem to take their beatings, a bit like two Kerry clubs in the past 2 seasons too.  Tyrone had a better team than Kerry in the 'noughties', as well as having the better individuals.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

imtommygunn

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 02, 2013, 08:57:58 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 31, 2013, 11:52:25 PM
Thats cause if your naming the best team of the past 30yrs there be likely 6 kerry men on it off hand, u look at the same Tyrone team over the same period you have P Canavan. Kerry had a better team , Tyrone a better system and manager. If the current Donegal team played one on one, they get creamed by Cork and Dublin and possible Tyrone as well.  Dara O`Se was better than S Canvanagh, T`OSe was better than P Jordan, the gooch was better than S O`Neill, D 0`Sullivan/P Galvin was better than B Dooher. Tyrone had a very good team, kerry had some legendary players who played in 7 all-irelands.

Its this sort of dung talk that makes me laugh.  The system beat Kerry not the players.  I have heard some amount of excuses about why Tyrone have beat Kerry over the years, people down that way can't seem to take their beatings, a bit like two Kerry clubs in the past 2 seasons too.  Tyrone had a better team than Kerry in the 'noughties', as well as having the better individuals.

Dooher more effective than any half forward Kerry had too.

God14

A real sense of DejaVu reading through alot of these posts...

What do people reckon about this weekend? When do Kerry return from Portugal & when will they be making the journey to Omagh? Surely that will be a factor in the Kerry performance, any of the Kerry lads able to enlighten us?

I cant see Mulligan making the match day squad. For various reasons, such as the training he has missed and also the message it sends out to some of the younger players & fringe players.

PP bookmakers make the kingdom slight favourites at 10/11, with Tyrone not far behind at 11/10

TG4 are showing the game live, so that'll be handy for Mike Sheehy!

cadence

Quote from: Syferus on April 01, 2013, 10:21:29 PM
For God sake lads, 'Mike Sheehy' is a troll account by someone who divines far too much fun from winding suckers up. I dare you to look through his post history and find a single one that isn't insulting or overly combative. I'd doubt he's even from Kerry and if he is he's Pat Spillane.

all true, but it's dull as f**k when he's not around bless him.

God14

Almost impossible to guess what 15 that Harte will start with, but sure its quiet at work today... I reckon it'll be:

Morgan
McCrory / Clarke / McCarron
Ju McMahon / Gormley / McNamee
     Cavanagh / Cavanagh
McNiece / Harte /Jo McMahon
Mark Donnelly / SON / McCurry

Fuzzman

At last someone gets back to talking about the match.

I can't see Conor Gormley playing in the half back line any more folks. Actually we've a few players now and whilst they definitely deserve a starting slot, it can be hard to determine what's the best position.

I think Joe is probably best at 6 or maybe alongside Sean in MF.
I hope we see a few of the newer faces in the forward line.

I wonder will Jack O'Connor travel up for some more Noveau Riche sandwiches?

Did Gollum play the last day?

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Syferus on April 01, 2013, 10:21:29 PM

Oh god, St Brigid's biggest life-long fan is on my case...what will I do at all, at all  ::)

Mike Sheehy

Wildweasel74

Mike Sheehy

What has Gollum got to do with Colm Cooper ? Fuzzman ?

ONeill

I still think Kerry will win this for the simple reason that they need to whilst Tyrone are safely tucked into the semis. I don't think there's much between the sides at full pelt but that incentive of avoiding the trapdoor should see the Kingdom home. They've a few of their old hands back as well. I know there's talk of Killarney and all that but that only counts if they meet in a game both have to win.

Would like to see Mickey try a few of the others this weekend. McCurry, Cassidy, Clarke and Ronan O'Neill. See what they can do against the green and gold. Sean hobbled off during training this week so wouldn't be surprised if he's benched to give the midfield a different look. In saying that, predicting Mickey is like preempting the wife.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.