Paul Galvin Question

Started by theticklemister, March 13, 2013, 09:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Was Paul Galvin captain when he knocked the notebook from the ref against Clare?

rodney trotter

Bizzare that you needed to start a thread to ask that.

But a look at wikipedia, would say yeah he was captain in 2008.

theticklemister

was a player from county champions from the kingdom not meant to be captain of the county team?

Donnellys Hollow

Feale Rangers (North Kerry divisional side) were the Kerry county champions in 2007
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

magpie seanie

Is this leading into another thread where Kerry Mike or AZ are going to have to explain the structures of Kerry club football?

AZOffaly

Was just thinking the same thing Seanie :D

5 Sams

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 14, 2013, 12:28:13 PM
Is this leading into another thread where Kerry Mike or AZ are going to have to explain the structures of Kerry club football?

IMHO the best way to run club championship football. I understand it but couldn't be arsed explaining it.

John Egan was captain in 82 when the wheels fell off on the 5 in a row. His club, Sneem,
is a small junior club. He was part of a successful divisional team. As was Ambrose Donovan and Darren  Sullivan and most famously Páidí Sé in 85.
The Aristocrat Years

Plastic Paddy

Quote from: 5 Sams on March 14, 2013, 11:22:02 PM

IMHO the best way to run club championship football. I understand it but couldn't be arsed explaining it.

John Egan was captain in 82 when the wheels fell off on the 5 in a row. His club, Sneem,
is a small junior club. He was part of a successful divisional team. As was Ambrose Donovan and Darren  Sullivan and most famously Páidí Sé in 85.
I think Ambrose O'Donovan was nominated by Dr Crokes as surprisingly although they won the Championship they had nobody on the county panel that year.

magpie seanie

I think it's a key reason for their continued success. It's a brilliant system.

rodney trotter

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 15, 2013, 09:17:31 AM

I remember Galvin saying on twitter at xmass he was pissed off with the way fixtures were dealt with in Kerry, being made play during the Christmass period etc.

They have the Club Championship, and then County Championship made of amalgamations, and then other regional things like, North Kerry, South Kerry Championship.

Drags on for an eternity.

magpie seanie

So playing lots of football is a bad thing. I see.

rodney trotter

Burnout is factor from too much football.

magpie seanie

Seems to really feck Kerry up alright.

rodney trotter

Must be showing, no All Ireland since 2009.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 15, 2013, 09:17:31 AM

Nail on the head there. Especially as regards the system bit.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.