Any Sign of White Smoke Yet?

Started by Oraisteach, March 13, 2013, 04:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 19, 2013, 01:59:18 PM
Quote from: Itchy on March 19, 2013, 01:48:25 PM
Jesus I'm sick of this pope shite on the telly, who gives a flying f**k who is pope. It makes no difference to anything as far as I can see.

You're going to be raging when you realise you've accidentally stumbled into a discussion thread about the Pope then.

Top marks Nally  ;D
Testing Accessibility

Eamonnca1

Jesus I'm sick of this pope shite on the telly, who gives a flying f**k who is pope. It makes no difference to anything as far as I can see.

You're going to be raging when you realise you've accidentally stumbled into a discussion thread about the Pope then.

Quality!

Eamonnca1

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 19, 2013, 03:02:07 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 19, 2013, 02:46:53 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 19, 2013, 02:21:05 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 19, 2013, 01:52:28 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 18, 2013, 08:39:14 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 18, 2013, 08:29:27 PM
I always have to laugh at self professed Athiests/Agnostics who keep going on about the Bible or Religion.
Sure if they don't believe in it ...what matter to them at all at all  ::)

When deities are removed from every costitution, government, justification for monarchy and law of every country, we might have a deal.

I have to laugh at the fact that you have to point out how embedded religion is in all aspects of most societies!

Not sure what your point is here.

My point is that it should be obvious to anyone who thinks about it, even for a moment, why atheists or agnostics would be concerned about religion. Basically, I was saying that it is sad that you actually had to take the time to even make that statement.

O, I was unclear whether you were in agreement or being dismissive.

I think he's having a go at you for taking the time to make a contribution to this thread. Or something.

stew

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 19, 2013, 04:34:41 PM

Quality!

It was but I think he has a point, the next time a Pope, any Pope, has any influence on me or mine will be the first time!

It's a bit like confession, the last time I was at confession was on my honeymoon, when i say the prayers now I go straight to the big man and cut out the middle man.

The wife and kids still pray to St Anthony if they lose something that means a lot to them, i laugh at them right up until the fecking thing shows up.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 19, 2013, 04:35:48 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 19, 2013, 03:02:07 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 19, 2013, 02:46:53 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 19, 2013, 02:21:05 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 19, 2013, 01:52:28 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 18, 2013, 08:39:14 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 18, 2013, 08:29:27 PM
I always have to laugh at self professed Athiests/Agnostics who keep going on about the Bible or Religion.
Sure if they don't believe in it ...what matter to them at all at all  ::)

When deities are removed from every costitution, government, justification for monarchy and law of every country, we might have a deal.

I have to laugh at the fact that you have to point out how embedded religion is in all aspects of most societies!

Not sure what your point is here.

My point is that it should be obvious to anyone who thinks about it, even for a moment, why atheists or agnostics would be concerned about religion. Basically, I was saying that it is sad that you actually had to take the time to even make that statement.

O, I was unclear whether you were in agreement or being dismissive.

I think he's having a go at you for taking the time to make a contribution to this thread. Or something.

FFS. My point (again!) was that it was laughable that MGHU actually had to go to the trouble of pointing out, in response to another post,  why atheists care about the role of religion. In other words, why we care should be bleedin' obvious.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Eamonnca1

Quote from: J70 on March 19, 2013, 05:16:40 PM
FFS. My point (again!) was that it was laughable that MGHU actually had to go to the trouble of pointing out, in response to another post,  why atheists care about the role of religion. In other words, why we care should be bleedin' obvious.

Oh.

rodney trotter

Rather awkward alright :)

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Bill Roche, is a good example of the danger of religion in the public sphere.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

The Iceman

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 19, 2013, 10:33:32 PM
what Religion would he be then? Because Catholics and Christians don't believe in re-incarnation.
The danger is mis-informed "believers" who don't follow or understand the teachings of the Church who then in turn misrepresent the beliefs and we have everyone playing Chinese whispers. Add to that WUM's like yourself with nothing better to do and you have a recipe for disaster.

I guess you can be proud of yourself. For now.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Maguire01

Quote from: The Iceman on March 19, 2013, 11:04:16 PM
what Religion would he be then? Because Catholics and Christians don't believe in re-incarnation.
Is that yer man from Reincarnation Street?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 19, 2013, 11:10:16 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on March 19, 2013, 11:04:16 PM
Is that yer man from Reincarnation Street?

There was me thinking Catholics were Christians.

First Nally, now Maguire, who needs Edinburgh.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

give her dixie

Man on gold throne somehow keeps straight face whilst calling on others to help poor

Pope Francis has inaugurated his papacy at a Mass in Rome, calling on everyone not sat on a gold chair to defend the poor and the weak.

In front of 200,000 worshippers, the new head of the multi-billion dollar catholic church said it was important that society looked towards the poor, and said so without the slightest trace of irony in his voice.

Putting in place a solid gold ring the size of an apple, Pope Francis told onlookers with a completely straight face, "It is important we think of those less fortunate than ourselves, which is pretty much everyone on the planet when you work here."

"If you think this all looks incredibly splendid – you should see inside, it's pretty awesome, honestly."

"Seriously, if you don't like gold furnishings you'd probably hate it, but I think it's really 'bling' – as some of the young choristers say."

Pope inaugurated

Onlookers said the new Pope's performance was 'very polished', and that they wouldn't want to play poker with him.

Former catholic Simon Williams told us, "Did you see that bit about helping the poor? If you didn't know better you'd say he lives in a mud hut and survives on the generosity of strangers."

"I'm just surprised they didn't pass around a collection plate. You don't get to be the wealthiest organisation on the planet without knowing a thing or two about fund-raising."

"You have to remember, the only difference between bankers and the Vatican is at least the bankers pretend like you're going to get your money back."

http://newsthump.com/2013/03/19/man-on-gold-throne-somehow-keeps-straight-face-whilst-calling-on-others-to-help-poor/
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

trueblue1234

I'd say Pope Francis has done a lot more for the poor than most of those that have hurled abuse at him.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit