Most Angelic County In Ireland (GAA)

Started by ONeill, March 13, 2013, 01:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

There's bound to be a county out there with no stories (on the net) referring to on-field gouging, ball-tugging, jaw-breaking, spitting, wire-jumping, back-kneeing, barrel-throwing, referee-slapping and so on. Surely Leitrim or Waterford.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

bucko

I'm sure the Kilkenny footballers are all nice lads. ;)
On another note, what goes on here is tame compared to what's supposed to go on stateside. A friend of mine who lived and played club football in the US told me once that you'd have to shoot someone during a match before you'd get sent off... :o

Shamrock Shore

Longford surely  8)

Last time we hit the headlines was a long number of years ago when an Ardagh lad poleaxed the ref and got a lifetime ban.

Our hurlers are too old and infirm or too young and weak to be of any nuisance to anyone  :-\

Fuzzman

According to Breheny ye have started diving to get Armagh players sent off.

I also pointed out how in a Division 2 game an Armagh player rugby-tackled a Longford opponent as he bore down on goal, merely conceding a free and taking a meaningless yellow card while preventing an almost certain goal in a very tight contest.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/martin-breheny-hartes-talents-do-not-make-him-authority-on-aesthetics-29126604.html

He reckons ye could end up relegated because of that dive.

Wildweasel74

we eliminate Tyrone, Dublin, kerry, in the running for this one, better add Armagh too for using Roscommon as a dumping ground

ranch

I don't think Leitrim or Fermanagh have harmed too many of us in the past?

Puckoon

Quote from: ranch on March 13, 2013, 07:02:55 PM
I don't think Leitrim or Fermanagh have harmed too many of us in the past?

I was thinking that myself, but sure wasn't there a mass walkout in Fermanagh a few years ago? Hardly angelic behaviour!

Dougal Maguire

What about Carlow. They never annoyed anyone and sure haven't they lovely jerseys
Careful now

Itchy

Carlow was always full on in fighting when Eire Og were the top club team in Ireland. Has to be Leitrim.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dougal Maguire

Careful now

Fear ón Srath Bán

Locked a ref in the boot of a car Dougal! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ranch

Leitrim has to be the winner?

What about Louth, caused no trouble recently that I remember?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 13, 2013, 11:05:12 PM
Ok. Wicklow then

Not part of the GAA but Camoige Assoication, the Wicklow Camoige Club players are meant to have a fierce reputation for the brawling.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: ranch on March 14, 2013, 12:48:46 AM
Leitrim has to be the winner?

What about Louth, caused no trouble recently that I remember?
Fan attacked Sludden after Leinster Final effectively putting an end to the tradition of after match pitch invasions
Careful now