Dublin star faces jail time.

Started by Jonah, March 13, 2013, 08:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 13, 2013, 10:53:40 AM
Sweet fcuk. If lads are going to talk about it then does it matter a damn which section of gaaboard.com they use to do it in? Either way it's still going to be on gaaboard.com so will the consequences of doing it in one section rather than another be all that enormous?! The same people are going to read and reply ffs!

Finally a bit of sense!!!

rrhf

Does that really need 3 exclamation marks for what appears to be one exclamation?
Perhaps you felt the need to emphasis your point?  If so... well done!

J70

Quote from: rrhf on March 13, 2013, 12:07:36 PM
Does that really need 3 exclamation marks for what appears to be one exclamation?
Perhaps you felt the need to emphasis your point?  If so... well done!

And well done to you too for taking the time and effort to try to police exclamation mark usage!!

muppet

I hope for his own sake that there is a deal as a couple of recent sentences handed down by judges seem to be quite......er......enigmatic. Compare the sentences for the man who paid the wrong import duty for garlic versus the father who admitted raping his daughter.

He pleaded guilty, but there was a victim. I would think he will get a suspended sentence but he must be crapping it at the moment given the above.
MWWSI 2017

Wildweasel74

seems to have a general discipline problem, dont know the in and outs of the case, but hes quick at times to swing a fist or elbow on the pitch when rattled. Possibly a bit hot headed, aint we all at times. Dublin manager should have a general word with him in relation to discipline, as it could bit Dublin in a big game down the line. Whether he seems anymore action yet this year, is another matter

Jinxy

If all I knew was that a current Dublin player had assaulted someone in a pub, it'd be Connolly (and only Connolly) I would think of immediately.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

BartSimpson

I could think ov a few more LOL.

There are a few of dat squad that need a haircut when it comes to behaving well!
guwan the parish

screenexile

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 13, 2013, 06:25:28 PM
seems to have a general discipline problem, dont know the in and outs of the case, but hes quick at times to swing a fist or elbow on the pitch when rattled. Possibly a bit hot headed, aint we all at times. Dublin manager should have a general word with him in relation to discipline, as it could bit Dublin in a big game down the line. Whether he seems anymore action yet this year, is another matter

We all don't smash somebody's eye socket when someone says something to us!

heffo

Quote from: BartSimpson on March 15, 2013, 02:27:11 AM
I could think ov a few more LOL.

There are a few of dat squad that need a haircut when it comes to behaving well!

More text speak. Hang those who say less.

Wildweasel74

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: EC Unique on March 13, 2013, 09:21:08 AM
Good job he is not from Tyrone or this thread would be 20 pages by now with people calling for a hanging!
In any case you should be happy enough given that 2 days ago you were wondering would there be any GAA men arrested in the South Armagh clampdown on Wednesday
Careful now

tyssam5

That pub used to be a fine spot for pulling nurses.

Jinxy

Ger Brennan is a loose cannon on the field but he's the last fella that would assault someone in public.
Unless they jumped the queue for communion.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Agent Orange

Dublin GAA ace Diarmuid Connolly had the case against him dismissed by a judge today for an 'unprovoked attack' in a pub on Dublin's northside two years ago.

Connolly, who was on yesterday's victorious St Vincent's team in the Dublin SFC final, had pleaded guilty to assault causing harm after a fracas in a late-night club on August 6, 2012, in which Anthony Kelly suffered a fractured eye socket.

However, Judge Patrick Clyne dismissed the case because of a number of factors that went in the 26-year-old's favour.

These included issuing an unreserved apology – which was accepted by Kelly – a donation of €5,000 to the victim – which Kelly donated to the court's 'poor box' – and his participation in over 80 hours voluntary service over the summer, as suggested by the judge.

The voluntary service saw him coaching children in GAA skills.

He has also completed an anger management course in Blanchardstown.

Asal Mor

Sounds like Anthony Kelly deserves all the credit here. Accepting the compo and donating it to the poor box was a very forgiving and generous gesture on his part.