Dublin v Tyrone Páirc an Chrócaigh Sat 16th March 7pm.

Started by Fuzzman, March 11, 2013, 11:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogball88

Staying down the saturday and sunday buzzman, where would be ideal for schoops before the match? Any Tyrone supporters for the Hill? Would Aidy McCrory be given the task of Brogan?

Fuzzman

The match is at 7 so I'd say it will be bitter cold BogBall88 so wrap up well if yer going to the Hill
Depends what ye are looking for before the match but a lot still go to Quinns, McGraths, Phil Ryans, the big Tree but in recent years I tend to meet in Jurys hotel

I'd say it could be McCrory & Joey.
Hope we've a full panel to pick from.

LeoMc

Quote from: bogball88 on March 13, 2013, 03:14:40 PM
Staying down the saturday and sunday buzzman, where would be ideal for schoops before the match? Any Tyrone supporters for the Hill? Would Aidy McCrory be given the task of Brogan?
Too light. McCarron would be more physical but would still be a bit light for BB. I would give Clarke a go at it.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Rois on March 13, 2013, 12:37:25 PM
;D omagh_gael that gave me a laugh - presume an iphone typo?

I'm heading down with hope rather than expectation but I'm glad that some of the younger guys will get a bit more experience in Croke Park.

And I'm def getting old - I'm driving down and driving back to Belfast again afterwards.  A few years ago, I'd have a whole weekend's events planned.

Even worse Rois, a Samsung Galaxy. The predictive text has a mind of its own!

Fuzzman

Did any of ye see the goal Bernard scored last Sunday when a high ball came in and two Kildare players went for it and both knocked each other over and BB happily collects and scores his goal.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: LeoMc on March 13, 2013, 04:16:50 PM
Quote from: bogball88 on March 13, 2013, 03:14:40 PM
Too light. McCarron would be more physical but would still be a bit light for BB. I would give Clarke a go at it.

Wouldn't mind seeing Clarke getting a go. However, you'd imagine he'll be rested ahead of the u21's on Wednesday. I'm not sure if McCrory is too light as such - he looks big enough. But I think he needs to get a bit more physical with his opponent. He seems to shadow his man well but never actually gets a hand on them to put them off balance or put the pressure on and make them think twice before going for the next ball. McCarron might be a bit nice too for marking a top class forward. The very best corner backs have that extra bit of aggrssion. We haven't many other options though. Think Joe's turn of pace could rule him out and its hard to know if Justy will be fit.

Redhand Santa

Based on the fact that McCrory picked up Cooper and Clarke in the championship last year he is probably the most likely to pick up Brogan.

ONeill

I don't think it really matters who picks him up in that full back line. Brogan is a collective defensive effort fella, something that Mickey's good at planning for, apart from the time he overlooked Diarmuid Connolly in 2011 but no one saw that coming. If you leave him isolated with any of those Tyrone defenders he'll roast them.

Mark Donnelly has to start in my opinion. He's one fellow who can compete for breaking ball around the middle effectively.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 13, 2013, 02:42:06 PM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/dubs-sights-set-on-unbeaten-season-flynn-29126607.html

I can see Tyrone playing a very defensive style game to allow Dublin little space to play it
How will they play if Brogan is double marked?

well they scored 2-16 from play last week and Brogan only scored 1-1 from play so the other players scored 1-15 so I'd assume they'll have options....

Will they leave Connolly/Kilkenny/Andrews etc free if they double mark Brogan

Fuzzman

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on March 14, 2013, 10:33:34 AM

well they scored 2-16 from play last week and Brogan only scored 1-1 from play so the other players scored 1-15 so I'd assume they'll have options....

Will they leave Connolly/Kilkenny/Andrews etc free if they double mark Brogan

Yes. All three.
Will our own Mr Quinn get any action against his home county I wonder.

ONeill

Again, there's no such thing with double-marking any more with Tyrone. As Donegal showed last year, it's a collective effort of seemlessly having enough bodies in defence that it looks like 2-3 players are on the man in possession at any given time. I don't think Tyrone are anywhere near the standard set last year by Donegal but it's a work in progress. It's an untidy mess of bodies but extremely effective if turnovers result in scores at the other end.

What Tyrone seem to be building on is a group 12-13 players capable of playing that defensive game whilst having the ability to break at speed - boys like McCarron etc who aren't your traditional corner backs but can run all day and pack a bit of physicality. Unfortunately we don't have a Murphy or McFadden yet to ice the cake. O'Neill was seen foraging on his own full back line last week.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Declan

It'll be interesting to see if Dublin continue to show the good form displayed so far. I've a sneaking suspicion that Tyrone will have a good year  in 2013

spuds

Wonder what comments Micky Harte will get his players to whisper into Diarmuid Connolly's ear saturday night ?
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Fuzzman

I'd say Mickey will have them on their best behaviour and not to be even spitting on the ground in case the wind catches it.

When's the last time Dublin beat Tyrone in the league in Croker?
I know we've been in Div 2 for 2 years.

2010 Tyrone 1-11 | Dublin 2-14 in Omagh

heffo

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 14, 2013, 11:58:11 AM
I'd say Mickey will have them on their best behaviour and not to be even spitting on the ground in case the wind catches it.

When's the last time Dublin beat Tyrone in the league in Croker?
I know we've been in Div 2 for 2 years.

2010 Tyrone 1-11 | Dublin 2-14 in Omagh

Lost both league games in Croker. Relagated ye in Omagh in 2010.

Beat ye in Parnell park in 2004?