Spitting

Started by ONeill, March 09, 2013, 12:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 12, 2013, 12:54:04 PM
Nally, 'sectarian' abuse has been happening for years.  It is wrong and should be eradicated but it won't as it is impossible to police.   When,for example,a lunatic of a goalkeeper were to run from his goal and whisper in your ear after his team scores the winning goal, 'f**k off back to the black north now ye Orange b**tard,' that is wrong but the umpires won't see or hear anything wrong until such times as the said fictitious goalie takes a huge fall as if he's been shot and the umpires or linesmen will see that and maybe even the lash of an elbow in retaliation to the comment.  In this made-up and completely non-factual scenario the ref can only send off the young player who has retaliated and not the experienced former county goalkeeper who has taken a dive.  It would be wrong,in this fictional scenario, for the young player to spit in his face and it would also be wrong to strike out but of the two evils the belt in the gob is by far the more 'respectful' and 'manly' response to this type of sectarian sledging.

That's the actions of a drunk clown.

Can't believe Mulligan has come out with what he has, makes the incident worse if anything. Fair play to Galvin for holding his counsel till now, not sure if I'd have that composure.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Jinxy

The Kerry lads have handled themselves with admirable dignity.
The spitting incident is bad enough, the nonsense Mulligan has come out just puts a tin hat on it.
Fair play to Galvin.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Wildweasel74

Tyrone people taking offense at been called British xxx etc etc, but had no problem giving Derry supporters stick with there's no London in Tyrone. Londonderry, the name itself signifies British in unionist eyes, yet Tyrone have no problem giving it large to Derry people but take offense that some southern teams call them British, go figure.

Nally Stand

If there was sectarian abuse, is it right to term the allegations as "nonsense" and to lambast a player for making an (albeit poorly timed) complaint about it? Again, as far as I am concerned, whatever about the timing, allegations of spitting and allegations of sectarian abuse deserve to be be treated equally seriously. If there was sectarian abuse, then it's not just Galvin who "held his counsel" remarkably well til now.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Jinxy

The use of the word 'sectarian' in this context is beyond ridiculous.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Jinxy on March 12, 2013, 06:17:51 PM

How do you know?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ONeill

Quote from: stew on March 12, 2013, 05:50:42 PM
Quote from: ONeill on March 12, 2013, 05:45:59 PM
Quote from: stew on March 12, 2013, 05:39:16 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 12, 2013, 05:31:41 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on March 12, 2013, 05:28:10 PM
Galvin has made a statement http://www.thisispaulgalvin.com/

Further to recent YouTube footage and press reports relating to a spitting incident in last months Intermediate club final I would like to 100% confirm for the record that I was spat on during the game. Furthermore I will utterly and unequivocally distance myself from claims made regarding verbal abuse during the game. That I have to defend myself or clarify my position in this regard is as disappointing as it is wrong. I will also add that I made no comment or complaint, publicly or privately, at the time of the incident, as when the game finishes it is finished in my view and i have no interest in dragging this matter out. I am only doing so now as footage of the incident found its way into the public domain and for some reason I have been forced to confirm what I know to have happened.

Finally I would like to congratulate Cookstown on their victory. I have played in 12 All Ireland finals in both codes, winning 8, and this is one All Ireland I can live without. Tyrone football is full of men I admire greatly, men like Mickey Harte and Peter Canavan, who when I was 16 years old sought me out after a schools game against Cookstown and told me "you 'll play for your county one day son." Those words inspired me many times growing up. The path that the Kerry/Tyrone rivalry has taken of late disappoints me. Both counties are better than the bitterness and rancour that currently exists.

I will make no further comment on the matter at this point.
Mulligan take note.

Class southern style, I half expect the Tyrone Co Board to take Galvin & the GAA to court for slander! after all, under Harte, they have threatened to sue them for practically everything else. :P

Mulligan's probably had someone read that to him and explain what it means and he is probably doing his roots, fuming at being publicly humiliated again!!!

Why can't these Tyrone hoors keep the head down after tangling with kerrymen, feck me, it's like they want to be put to bed wet!

Says the spitter himself.

Ah shane.........................I would have bet the farm you wouldn't have been the one to bite first.  :)

I was 19 or 20 at the time when I did that, does not excuse it, I had already been tripped by their supporters that lined the bank and I made a mistake, fcuk, youse boys on here must be fecking angels! ::)

Listen spitter Stew, it must be in you. Devil's work.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

qubdub

one nancyboy spits on another nancyboy. what has become of gaelic football?

stew

Quote from: ONeill on March 12, 2013, 06:29:55 PM
Quote from: stew on March 12, 2013, 05:50:42 PM
Quote from: ONeill on March 12, 2013, 05:45:59 PM
Quote from: stew on March 12, 2013, 05:39:16 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 12, 2013, 05:31:41 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on March 12, 2013, 05:28:10 PM
Galvin has made a statement http://www.thisispaulgalvin.com/

Further to recent YouTube footage and press reports relating to a spitting incident in last months Intermediate club final I would like to 100% confirm for the record that I was spat on during the game. Furthermore I will utterly and unequivocally distance myself from claims made regarding verbal abuse during the game. That I have to defend myself or clarify my position in this regard is as disappointing as it is wrong. I will also add that I made no comment or complaint, publicly or privately, at the time of the incident, as when the game finishes it is finished in my view and i have no interest in dragging this matter out. I am only doing so now as footage of the incident found its way into the public domain and for some reason I have been forced to confirm what I know to have happened.

Finally I would like to congratulate Cookstown on their victory. I have played in 12 All Ireland finals in both codes, winning 8, and this is one All Ireland I can live without. Tyrone football is full of men I admire greatly, men like Mickey Harte and Peter Canavan, who when I was 16 years old sought me out after a schools game against Cookstown and told me "you 'll play for your county one day son." Those words inspired me many times growing up. The path that the Kerry/Tyrone rivalry has taken of late disappoints me. Both counties are better than the bitterness and rancour that currently exists.

I will make no further comment on the matter at this point.
Mulligan take note.

Class southern style, I half expect the Tyrone Co Board to take Galvin & the GAA to court for slander! after all, under Harte, they have threatened to sue them for practically everything else. :P

Mulligan's probably had someone read that to him and explain what it means and he is probably doing his roots, fuming at being publicly humiliated again!!!

Why can't these Tyrone hoors keep the head down after tangling with kerrymen, feck me, it's like they want to be put to bed wet!

Says the spitter himself.

Ah shane.........................I would have bet the farm you wouldn't have been the one to bite first.  :)

I was 19 or 20 at the time when I did that, does not excuse it, I had already been tripped by their supporters that lined the bank and I made a mistake, fcuk, youse boys on here must be fecking angels! ::)

Listen spitter Stew, it must be in you. Devil's work.

What am I listening for Shane? ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

bottom brick

[/quote]

I'm far from sensitive but spitting on someone is the work of a sc**bag and should not be tolerated in any sport.
[/quote]
I'd rather someone spat on me than wrap a hurl 'round my napper all the same.
[/quote]
+1
A few lads gettin a bit carried away here, there a lot worse can happen than being spat on
Shoot for dough, pass for show...

muppet

+1

If this is sectarianism then my 18 months playing football up north was wall to wall sectarian abuse, from Catholics calling me a 'Fenian Bastard'. I just laughed at the ridiculousness of it, but now thanks to Nally I am thinking of seeking compensation. Who do I write to?
MWWSI 2017

Nally Stand

Quote from: muppet on March 12, 2013, 07:37:19 PM

+1

If this is sectarianism then my 18 months playing football up north was wall to wall sectarian abuse, from Catholics calling me a 'Fenian b**tard'. I just laughed at the ridiculousness of it, but now thanks to Nally I am thinking of seeking compensation. Who do I write to?

Aye I suppose you're right as always. Sure it's only a bit of casual sectarianism. Never hurt anybody I'm sure.

muppet

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 12, 2013, 07:49:11 PM

+1

If this is sectarianism then my 18 months playing football up north was wall to wall sectarian abuse, from Catholics calling me a 'Fenian b**tard'. I just laughed at the ridiculousness of it, but now thanks to Nally I am thinking of seeking compensation. Who do I write to?

Aye I suppose you're right as always. Sure it's only a bit of casual sectarianism. Never hurt anybody I'm sure.

Nope, it is ignorant and should be punished by refs and other officials.

However sectarianism it isn't imho. And it is down the list from spitting.
MWWSI 2017

heffo

Quote from: muppet on March 12, 2013, 08:22:16 PM

+1

However sectarianism it isn't imho. And it down the list from spitting.

Finally some sense.

Nally Stand

Quote from: muppet on March 12, 2013, 08:22:16 PM

+1

Nope, it is ignorant and should be punished by refs and other officials.

However sectarianism it isn't imho. And it is down the list from spitting.

And how do you know?